Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 926 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 969 reviews
on June 25, 2013
I got this two days before heading out for a five day visit to northern Arizona and southern Utah; I brought the bag along during the long car ride, on four plane trips, and two hotels. It was convenient, light weight, easy to access and roll, and easily fit in the overhead compartment of the small commuter plane from Phoenix to Flagstaff. In fact, they were pulling other roll-away bags to check in at the gate, but didn't give mine a second look. Interestingly, it kept things cool in the trunk when I stopped at various desert spots to take photos or stopped for a meal.

One thing that was a bit dicey was the pull out handle; in my rush to close it when boarding the first plane I pushed down and clipped my little finger by mistake. That was my inattention, but I thought it would be a firmer push than it was. On the other hand, it balanced nicely and even "stood up" beside me as I waited for my flights; I think that's more how you pack than anything.

For this trip I packed five short sleeve shirts, one t-shirt, one pair of long pants, underwear and socks, toiletries in a baggie as required by TSA, four CDs, a folder with maps and brochures, a hat, a stand alone GPS device and cords, and my Kindle reader; it all fit easily and without cramming. The smaller top opening was less useful as things would fall out of it unless the bag was laid flat; I only put my everyday essentials in there (suntan lotion, map, etc.). Lots of room!

I take several short trips a year and I will update this after a few more trips to let you know how well it stands up.

-----------------------------------------
December, 2013 update
I have now used this bag on seven trips since this initial one, for a total of 10 flight legs. The bag continues to hold up well, has never had to be checked in at the gate, and has even survived my overstuffing it on one trip and feeling the weight as I lugged it from one end of the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport to the other in 20 minutes during my run for a connection. The bag also survived well after being moved by a flight attendant to another section of the plane and jammed between two inflexible rollaways (grrr); but everything worked great when it was freed.
99 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2015
Very inexpensive. But you get what you pay for. One of the wheels delaminated after only six trips. Really? In the picture, they appear to be urethane skate wheels, but forensic analysis of the failed wheel show them to be cheap plastic core with a thin rubber overlay. Now it wobbles and jams when rolling on carpet. I will see if "I" can replace the crap wheels with skate wheels that it should have had in the first place. Will report back. .....Added... Tried to repair, but wheel replacement is impossible. It is very cheaply constructed internally as well-- rather than screws holding the wheel assembly together, it was fastened by melting the plastic alignment posts to the body frame. Disassembly and repair are not possible. I do not recommend this unless for one-time disposable use.
review image
11 comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2016
I spent July hopping around Kenya and flying safari links. The max baggage weight for safari link flight is only 15kg. No matter how full I packed it, I was always able to keep it under the max weight. The bag's light weight was a plus and reason I chose it over other bags - coming in at less than 5lbs. That left me with about 25 more pounds of packing limit.

I used compression bags too which really helped to pack it tight and I even managed to take 2 pairs of shoes! I never felt short on clothes or toiletries because I really could cram this bag full of stuff.

This bag took a real beating and held up much better than I expected. The handle is not heavy duty so don't pile a bunch of hand luggage on top. Over all I was very pleased. I'm now a reformed over-packer!
on February 16, 2016
Bought this product in March of 2015 because it was discounted thru Amazon. I probably didnt use more than 6 times when i took on a cruise. Flew from Boston to Puerto Rico and the end that didnt have the pocket totally ripped. I thought i was screwed but i received a free cheap replacement bag from Jetblue as it was the first day of our cruise and i needed a bag. I couldnt take the bag with me as proof of the poor quality construction so I took a few pictures so i could contact Samsonite when i got home. What's worse was that we didnt have sufficient room in the cheap bag Jetblue gave us for the return flight so we crammed more into our checked bag. We were one of those people transferring clothes and other items at the check in desk to make weight.

When i got home i called Samsonite after being on hold for 10 minutes the operator told me i needed to take it to a repair center. I explained that i was in PR when it happened and he told me they had repair centers in PR. Obviously i was going on a cruise so i wouldnt have been running around the island trying to get my bag replaced. I told him i had pictures and he didnt really care. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after another 5 minutes of waiting the original operator got back on the phone and told me the supervisor would have to call me back. I never received a call back.

I guess if you're not flying anywhere and can take the bag back to a repair center when it does break, pick it up for the price. If you need a reliable bag, spring for something of better quality and a manufacturer with better customer service.
review image
on February 12, 2016
I love Samsonite Bags in general, but this Duffel is cheap. I used it 2 times so far, and the second time I used it the zipper go dis-attached to the exterior. My wife has the old Duffel Samsonite, and the quality is way better than this peace of s***.
on April 18, 2017
Very cheaply made and not worthy of the Samsonite name. Lacks usable pockets that others in this price-range have. I bought two of these for a trip to Kauai thinking that my wife and I would use them. Then bought some no-name bags of similar price for my kids. It turns out that the no-name bags were built much better than these.

If you're thinking about buying these because you like the Samsonite brand (I certainly do), then I would definitely recommend you NOT buy these. You'll be disappointed.

We bought one Swiss Gear bag that is similar--and, granted, it cost about $70 at a department store (also sold here on Amazon) and it was ten times better than this one.
on October 8, 2012
I bought this thinking it would be smaller (I guess that's what I get for NOT using a measuring tape) and was delightfully surprised at how large the bag is. I packed for 10 days with room to spare! The bag still fit in the overhead compartment, which was great.

I did not have any trouble with the bag tipping over as some people did, but I did have trouble with the side compartment zipper splitting during the first trip I took with the bag. That's pretty lame, if you ask me. However, I will use the bag again since I bought it. I'll run it into the ground!

Overall, for the price, I'd say it's a good purchase. But it doesn't seem like it's made to last.
55 comments| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2014
I am highly disappointed in this bag and the Samsonite brand. Maybe they just don't care about their lower end luggage? The quality control on this bag is atrocious.

Cons:
- On the inside, there is nothing but a thin flap of material to cover the bars from the retractable handle (I'm not sure why you would even bother making that portion accessible). The flap doesn't fit very well, and is only secured in place with a couple squares of velcro.
- Before even using the bag, just while packing for its first use, I noticed the seam on the side pocket near the handle coming apart. It simply wasn't stitched through all the layers of material and leaves a hole big enough to stick my pinky finger through.
- Many of the other seams have different colored thread sticking through. For example bits of the black interior sticking through a seam that is light grey on the outside of the bag.

Pros:
- I like the concept of this bag, a simple duffel that also has wheels when you need it.
- It got me through the plane trip in one piece.

Conclusion:
The fit and finish is extremely disappointing. I don't think it is a knock off.. it has Samsonite tags.. it came through Amazon Prime.. I thought Samsonite was supposed to be a good brand for luggage. I don't travel a whole lot, so it is probably not a big loss to them, but I wont be buying any more products from Samsonite.

If you don't care about the little guy and his carry-on duffel, you wont be retaining him as a customer when he becomes a big guy and needs a 7 piece luggage set for him and his family.
on August 28, 2017
Went on a 9 day hiking trip with this in tow (clearly used a car to and from places)
I bought too many things and totally over stuffed it and it's killing the game. Love this rolling duffle. I just wish it was an inch bigger and the side pocket could actually hold shoes bigger than flip flops.
YES IT WILL GET SCRATCHED UP, duh! There no protectant on the "bottom" where you would stand it up on but just be careful!? I'm looking into maybe sealing it or something along those lines to extend the life of this bag but it's perfect and fit on a small plane as a carry on
on July 6, 2016
It will tip over if you try to stand it upright like a normal luggage. There is no leg on the side surface. This makes it difficult when you are in a restroom where the floor is wet or dirty. I tried to make it stand on its wheels while using the restroom at an airport because there is no place to put it. It fell down and soaked up all the smelly liquid on the floor next to the urinal. The side pocket is quite small. It doesn't quite fit a Bose quiet comfort 15 headphone case. My feeling after using it is, I much rather have either a bag without the weight of the wheel and handle bar, or a regular roller luggage bag that has legs to stand on. It is now my least favorite bag for trips, and is just gathering dust and taking up space at home. I liked the brand, but not this one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.