Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 664 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 696 reviews
on April 14, 2017
I purchased the Samsonite Luggage Cart in part because of how light it is. The product description lists the shipping weight as 2.8 pounds so I expected the actual item weight to be somewhat less than that. It was not - the cart itself weights 2.8 pounds. Although I think it will perform well. the platform (base) doesn't lock securely into open position so it tries to fold shut when you tighten the bungee cords to attach the load.

I then ordered the BlueJan Luggage Cart (BlueJan Luggage Cart) hoping it would be lighter or the platform would lock more securely. It wasn't, and it didn't. The weight is exactly the same (2.8 pounds), and the base tries to fold up when you secure the load.

For my purposes, I think the Samsonite cart edges out the BlueJan model, but someone else might feel otherwise. The differences:

Samsonite (on right in photos):
Significantly shorter when collapsed (Photo 1)
Base is a little wider and seems sturdier
Telescoping handles are slightly shorter (maybe a centimeter shorter)
Two cross braces instead of one offers another place to tie on luggage
A little more stubborn about collapsing the handle (have to fuss with it more)

BlueJan (on left in photos):
Seems a little sleeker overall

The deciding factor for me was that the Samsonite model fits somewhat better in my carry on duffle, where it will have to go when I board the plane. I like them both, though, and it was hard to choose between them.
review image review image review image
on November 22, 2015
This luggage cart was perfect for transporting 2 carseats through the airport. We used additional bungie cords to attach and stabilize the carseats and it worked great.
review image
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2016
This has been a very useful item for me. I use it for suitcases, duffel bags, and large briefcases. I have used it now for several months of traveling. In the photo I show how I use it to carry up to 3 large leather luggage items at a time, in this case a Saddleback Leather Suitcase, Waterbag, and Briefcase. I carry 100+ lbs at a time on this, which is probably more than is recommended, but it hasn't broken yet. If it does break, I'm sure I will buy another one to replace it. Once I get to the airport, either I fold it up, put it in a plastic sealed bag, then into my suitcase and check it; or sometimes I put a carry-on bag on it and wheel it onto the plane. Folded it is easily small enough to go into the overhead bin next to my briefcase, or under the seat in front of me. Overall great product, reasonably priced.
review image review image
on May 3, 2016
Loved it 100%! Stacked two car seats on it & was still able to put one of my daughters in it as a stroller & pull it through the airport & plane! Super easy to fold up & pop out too!
review image review image review image
on December 2, 2016
I purchased this cart with intent to roll my carry on bag from car to airport gates. The first lef of our first trip we I used the cart we were very pleased. My duffle fit well, was sturdy and easy to pull and stored easily. Unfortunately, by the time we started our return flight the telescoping handle would not open past the 1st notch. The buttons are stuck leaving us with at 30 inch tall pull behind cart (not helpful for a 5'6 person). Date of purchase to first use exceeded the return policy so I feel stuck. This doesn't seem like the norm, but wanted to make sure the notice was out there for others like me that use reviews in purchasing decisions.
on January 24, 2013
Yes, it's true that the wheels a bit close together, so one must be careful that it doesn't slip over on crossings etc., and no, it won't do for really heavy loads.
But as a unit that can handle moderate loads AND that folds so small that it can truly be slipped into a carry-on bag or into a small suitcase, this is the best answer I have ever found.
I am not a fan of Samsonite, but they've got a winner on this one.
22 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2016
Below is my review for this cart:

Pros:
- Minimal weight and compact when folded.
- The handle extends to about 38 inches which is taller than most other compact carts.
- It has two bungee cords which makes it easy to fasten bags.
- it is made of metal and plastic.
- Wheels spin freely.
- Good for carrying smaller light weight items.
- Reasonably priced.

Cons:
- There is play in the handles at each joint which causes the handle to twist easily. If your load becomes unbalanced or you are on an uneven surface, the cart will tip to the side. This is the "Tipgate" issue.
- While the carrying platform does lock into place, it does not do so very securely. When you place an item on the platform and strap the bungee cords to the handle, the platform unlocks and flips up. If you let go of the cart at this point, the cart will then flip forward as the platform is no longer locked in place to the handle. This is the "Flipgate" issue.
- Tipgate and Flipgate make this cart unstable and cumbersome to use for loads over 30 pounds or so.

Conclusion:

Overall, it's not a bad cart for lighter weight items. Personally, the Flipgate issue is more annoying than the Tipgate issue. I'm going to see if I can develop some metal clips for the lower back of my cart to keep the platform from coming unlocked from the base of the handle. This will make the cart much more functional.

Many reviews are posted here regarding the same cons that I have found going back a number of years. I'm really surprised the manufacturer has made no effort to address these issues with an updated product.
on June 2, 2016
Got my cart. Never seen a cart so smalll before. Am impressed that it really does weight 3 lbs. Really like the design, and how you cannot open it fully unless you hear the audible "click" of making the handle 90 degrees from the base.

Reverting it to its compact form takes more effort. Actually had to fold it first before I was able to press the button (otherwise the handle won't budge at all). Getting the pipes to slide into each other actually takes effort after pushing the button.
review image review image review image review image
on January 24, 2017
I am so disappointed because this is a samsonite. the handle seems flimsy, and it is very hard to collapse. The base, however, wants to constantly pop up. In other words, I can put a laptop, a purse and maybe another small bag on the base, and when I put the bungee hook onto the handle top, the bungee cord pulls the base up-even with the heavy bags on it-because there is nothing to keep it locked into place. while that doesn't matter while I am walking with the cart, I am unable to stand the card up with the base in a popped up position. So if I need to stop, I actually have to lay the whole thing down.
on February 10, 2016
We use this to transport my daughter car seat (Britax Pavilion convertible car seat) throughout the airport when traveling. It's sturdy and folds up quickly and easily. I just store on the floor in front of her car seat during flights. We don't put her in the car seat while it's on the cart (we wear her in a Tula carrier) but it does seem to be sturdy enough to hold toddlers and the car seat.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.