Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 16, 2017
I’m reviewing this as a convertible car seat dollY, which it wasn’t designed for but is a really good use for it, since no car seat manufacturer-produced solutions exist.

I have a 25 pound chicco next fit zip. On the bigger and heavier side of convertible car seats.

4 stars (-1 star ding) because to hold the car seat base in place against the bottom of the cart requires an additional luggage strap, and because the bottom of the cart where you sit the base is half the length of the car seat base.

Otherwise, once you are done with that set up, it really works as a car seat dolly. It has the flexibility of detaching and folding up, is quite light and appears to be quite sturdy. Some of the fit and finish is sketchy, ie the locks that extend and retract the handle up and down require some jiggling, but no deal breakers. And value for money is probably 5 stars given its $25 price point.

Ps if you have an infant car seat, use the compatible stroller. It’s way easier and has the benefit of additional storage.
review image
on April 14, 2017
I purchased the Samsonite Luggage Cart in part because of how light it is. The product description lists the shipping weight as 2.8 pounds so I expected the actual item weight to be somewhat less than that. It was not - the cart itself weights 2.8 pounds. Although I think it will perform well. the platform (base) doesn't lock securely into open position so it tries to fold shut when you tighten the bungee cords to attach the load.

I then ordered the BlueJan Luggage Cart (BlueJan Luggage Cart) hoping it would be lighter or the platform would lock more securely. It wasn't, and it didn't. The weight is exactly the same (2.8 pounds), and the base tries to fold up when you secure the load.

For my purposes, I think the Samsonite cart edges out the BlueJan model, but someone else might feel otherwise. The differences:

Samsonite (on right in photos):
Significantly shorter when collapsed (Photo 1)
Base is a little wider and seems sturdier
Telescoping handles are slightly shorter (maybe a centimeter shorter)
Two cross braces instead of one offers another place to tie on luggage
A little more stubborn about collapsing the handle (have to fuss with it more)

BlueJan (on left in photos):
Seems a little sleeker overall

The deciding factor for me was that the Samsonite model fits somewhat better in my carry on duffle, where it will have to go when I board the plane. I like them both, though, and it was hard to choose between them.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 16, 2015
I'm at a bit of a loss for this review. I gave the cart a 3-star rating but that doesn't really reflect on the quality of the product. It seems to be very well built and like it would hold up well to a lot of use.

The problem for me, and what I didn't really "get" from reading reviews before I ordered it is that this cart is large(ish) and heavy(ish). There are larger and heavier carts out there but I expected something a lot smaller and lighter for a cart presented as a "Compact Folding Cart". It is not what I would call compact and it's certainly not something I want to carry onboard an aircraft.

I've since found a cart that's only 15" long, 6.5" wide, and 3" thick when folded; it will slip into a backpack. That's my idea of compact.

That said, this Samsonite cart has a nice flat platform and looks beefy enough to handle multiple pieces of luggage (or whatever). It really reminds me of a folding hand truck rather than a really compact luggage cart.

This is not intended to be a negative review, I think the cart is well made and is a nice piece of equipment...it's just bulky and heavy. Totally worth it if you're dealing with lots of weight and/or lots of luggage but not so welcome if you travel light and are just looking for a very compact and light cart to hold a large carryon when you've got an extra long trek across a large airport. I carry an eBags TLS Mother Lode Weekender Convertible because I generally don't want a wheeled carryon but on long layovers or long airport gate changes it would be nice not to carry it on occasion but then when I want/need to carry it, I want the cart to slip into the TLS Mother Lode bag. That's something the Samsonite cart won't do (at least not without displacing too much space).
33 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 31, 2017
I bought this to hold my bag full of heavy binders during my day trips out of town. I go round trip to my appointments and then back home so I was looking for something affordable and small. This thing seemed to fit that bill. I had read reviews about a few of its flaws but I didn't feel it would be so, frustraiting-.- The base does not lock up or down. Which I knew, but chose to try it anyways. The bungee cords aren't very adjustable. So they are just basically there for decoration in my case. I'm so glad I bought a separate adjustable bungee as an add-on. The most annoying thing though, is the handle. It's telescoping but it never does what I want it to do. It is either jamming or coming loose! And when I turn, the handle bends. All the weight is at the bottom but it has made me almost flip the whole thing like twice already. It's not like I'm running around crazy. I'm at the airport now, writing this, bcuz I really wish I had something that was more effective and efficient.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on August 26, 2016
This is a decent cart that is reasonably well made, but it is certainly not Samsonite. This is a blatant lie. It's made by a brand called "High Altitude."
review image
22 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 25, 2017
I bought mine at a national retailer. I'm gonna make this as short as possible. This thing is garbage, it's that simple. 1) the platform is too small and rises up in the back so that it covers the wheels, which are too small to begin with, so small that when you try to pull the cart up a curb or stair, the platform scrapes. 2) the wheels are too close together so if you don't center your load perfectly, you'll end up with one wheel in the air, which leads to my next gripe 3) the collapsible, aluminum handle flexes so badly that if your load shifts, the cart will start oscillating from side to side and the only way to stop it is for you to stop walking. It's gotten so bad at times that the handle twisted out of my hand. 4) the bungie cords are also cheapies and stretched out after two uses.5) Unlike the older (15 year old) tubular cart that I replaced, this one can not be used for anything other than the lightest loads. I use my cart to carry my 20 lb. max, laundry bag the two blocks to where my car is parked. What would seem to be an easy task feels more like I'm trying to walk a reluctant Rottweiler. After a year of owning this thing, I've had it. I'm ordering another tubular steel cart and this thing is going in the trash. .
review imagereview image
on June 26, 2014
We recently took a trip from Vegas to WI. I looked at all my options since I knew we'd need to take a car seat onto the plane. The prices for something specifically built for car seats are just ridiculous. With this luggage cart, I could secure the seat using the lap belts and straps attached to the car seat. I read the review on modifying the wheels, but I never had a problem. I could see if you were carrying luggage that was heavy and larger than the base it would tip over, but just for my son and his car seat it was easy breezy. I couldn't wheel it down the aisle of Spirit or Southwest, but it was easy to detach and fold up before we got onto the plane. We have the Cosco Scenera car seat that was a gift. The reviews on Walmart were highly recommended and the price is right. This was definitely a great purchase for what I needed it for. I'm going to put a picture up of how it looked all together.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 27, 2017
This product will be getting returned because the bottom part folds in on itself. There is no locking mechanism, also it's rated for 70 lbs; however when I put luggage that was 45 lbs. the cart handle started to flex. The overall feel of this product is flimsy. The stock picture shows this cart upright with the bungee cords attached to the handle, I recreated the same position and the cart folded in on itself. I am giving this product 2 stars, 1 star for weight & 1 star for being very compact. If you are a frequent traveler I can't see this product lasting more than 2 international flights. Very disappointing.
review imagereview image
on March 16, 2017
I use this to haul my toddler's car seat through the airport. It works great and is quick and easy to set up and take down when on the plane. I love how small it folds and i can tuck it almost anywhere. Our car seat is rather large, but this has no problems with it due to the elastic bands and their ability to adapt.
on June 29, 2017
I used this to transport my daughter's carseat through the airport and on to the plane. I was able to push my jogger and pull this cart behind by myself. This cart was a lifesaver!!!! It does fit down the plane aisle and folds back up to fit under the seat. The attached cords were also very helpful.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.