Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 14, 2017
I purchased the Samsonite Luggage Cart in part because of how light it is. The product description lists the shipping weight as 2.8 pounds so I expected the actual item weight to be somewhat less than that. It was not - the cart itself weights 2.8 pounds. Although I think it will perform well. the platform (base) doesn't lock securely into open position so it tries to fold shut when you tighten the bungee cords to attach the load.

I then ordered the BlueJan Luggage Cart (BlueJan Luggage Cart) hoping it would be lighter or the platform would lock more securely. It wasn't, and it didn't. The weight is exactly the same (2.8 pounds), and the base tries to fold up when you secure the load.

For my purposes, I think the Samsonite cart edges out the BlueJan model, but someone else might feel otherwise. The differences:

Samsonite (on right in photos):
Significantly shorter when collapsed (Photo 1)
Base is a little wider and seems sturdier
Telescoping handles are slightly shorter (maybe a centimeter shorter)
Two cross braces instead of one offers another place to tie on luggage
A little more stubborn about collapsing the handle (have to fuss with it more)

BlueJan (on left in photos):
Seems a little sleeker overall

The deciding factor for me was that the Samsonite model fits somewhat better in my carry on duffle, where it will have to go when I board the plane. I like them both, though, and it was hard to choose between them.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 6, 2016
This has been a very useful item for me. I use it for suitcases, duffel bags, and large briefcases. I have used it now for several months of traveling. In the photo I show how I use it to carry up to 3 large leather luggage items at a time, in this case a Saddleback Leather Suitcase, Waterbag, and Briefcase. I carry 100+ lbs at a time on this, which is probably more than is recommended, but it hasn't broken yet. If it does break, I'm sure I will buy another one to replace it. Once I get to the airport, either I fold it up, put it in a plastic sealed bag, then into my suitcase and check it; or sometimes I put a carry-on bag on it and wheel it onto the plane. Folded it is easily small enough to go into the overhead bin next to my briefcase, or under the seat in front of me. Overall great product, reasonably priced.
review imagereview image
0Comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2015
This luggage cart was perfect for transporting 2 carseats through the airport. We used additional bungie cords to attach and stabilize the carseats and it worked great.
review image
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 3, 2016
Loved it 100%! Stacked two car seats on it & was still able to put one of my daughters in it as a stroller & pull it through the airport & plane! Super easy to fold up & pop out too!
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 2, 2016
I purchased this cart with intent to roll my carry on bag from car to airport gates. The first lef of our first trip we I used the cart we were very pleased. My duffle fit well, was sturdy and easy to pull and stored easily. Unfortunately, by the time we started our return flight the telescoping handle would not open past the 1st notch. The buttons are stuck leaving us with at 30 inch tall pull behind cart (not helpful for a 5'6 person). Date of purchase to first use exceeded the return policy so I feel stuck. This doesn't seem like the norm, but wanted to make sure the notice was out there for others like me that use reviews in purchasing decisions.
on June 2, 2016
Got my cart. Never seen a cart so smalll before. Am impressed that it really does weight 3 lbs. Really like the design, and how you cannot open it fully unless you hear the audible "click" of making the handle 90 degrees from the base.

Reverting it to its compact form takes more effort. Actually had to fold it first before I was able to press the button (otherwise the handle won't budge at all). Getting the pipes to slide into each other actually takes effort after pushing the button.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 10, 2016
We use this to transport my daughter car seat (Britax Pavilion convertible car seat) throughout the airport when traveling. It's sturdy and folds up quickly and easily. I just store on the floor in front of her car seat during flights. We don't put her in the car seat while it's on the cart (we wear her in a Tula carrier) but it does seem to be sturdy enough to hold toddlers and the car seat.
on March 14, 2015
Bought this to drag our convertible car seat (which we bring in the plane with us) through airports! It's great, and carries out super heavy Diono Radian RXT car seat with no problems! One button on top of the handle makes it fold down completely and we can just slide it under the seat in front of us (still leaving plenty of room for our carry on there). Super light so it's not a bother when not being used, and easy to store at home when we don't need it!
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 27, 2017
This product will be getting returned because the bottom part folds in on itself. There is no locking mechanism, also it's rated for 70 lbs; however when I put luggage that was 45 lbs. the cart handle started to flex. The overall feel of this product is flimsy. The stock picture shows this cart upright with the bungee cords attached to the handle, I recreated the same position and the cart folded in on itself. I am giving this product 2 stars, 1 star for weight & 1 star for being very compact. If you are a frequent traveler I can't see this product lasting more than 2 international flights. Very disappointing.
review imagereview image
on August 16, 2015
I'm at a bit of a loss for this review. I gave the cart a 3-star rating but that doesn't really reflect on the quality of the product. It seems to be very well built and like it would hold up well to a lot of use.

The problem for me, and what I didn't really "get" from reading reviews before I ordered it is that this cart is large(ish) and heavy(ish). There are larger and heavier carts out there but I expected something a lot smaller and lighter for a cart presented as a "Compact Folding Cart". It is not what I would call compact and it's certainly not something I want to carry onboard an aircraft.

I've since found a cart that's only 15" long, 6.5" wide, and 3" thick when folded; it will slip into a backpack. That's my idea of compact.

That said, this Samsonite cart has a nice flat platform and looks beefy enough to handle multiple pieces of luggage (or whatever). It really reminds me of a folding hand truck rather than a really compact luggage cart.

This is not intended to be a negative review, I think the cart is well made and is a nice piece of equipment...it's just bulky and heavy. Totally worth it if you're dealing with lots of weight and/or lots of luggage but not so welcome if you travel light and are just looking for a very compact and light cart to hold a large carryon when you've got an extra long trek across a large airport. I carry an eBags TLS Mother Lode Weekender Convertible because I generally don't want a wheeled carryon but on long layovers or long airport gate changes it would be nice not to carry it on occasion but then when I want/need to carry it, I want the cart to slip into the TLS Mother Lode bag. That's something the Samsonite cart won't do (at least not without displacing too much space).
33 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse