BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 14, 2017
I purchased the Samsonite Luggage Cart in part because of how light it is. The product description lists the shipping weight as 2.8 pounds so I expected the actual item weight to be somewhat less than that. It was not - the cart itself weights 2.8 pounds. Although I think it will perform well. the platform (base) doesn't lock securely into open position so it tries to fold shut when you tighten the bungee cords to attach the load.

I then ordered the BlueJan Luggage Cart (BlueJan Luggage Cart) hoping it would be lighter or the platform would lock more securely. It wasn't, and it didn't. The weight is exactly the same (2.8 pounds), and the base tries to fold up when you secure the load.

For my purposes, I think the Samsonite cart edges out the BlueJan model, but someone else might feel otherwise. The differences:

Samsonite (on right in photos):
Significantly shorter when collapsed (Photo 1)
Base is a little wider and seems sturdier
Telescoping handles are slightly shorter (maybe a centimeter shorter)
Two cross braces instead of one offers another place to tie on luggage
A little more stubborn about collapsing the handle (have to fuss with it more)

BlueJan (on left in photos):
Seems a little sleeker overall

The deciding factor for me was that the Samsonite model fits somewhat better in my carry on duffle, where it will have to go when I board the plane. I like them both, though, and it was hard to choose between them.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2016
This has been a very useful item for me. I use it for suitcases, duffel bags, and large briefcases. I have used it now for several months of traveling. In the photo I show how I use it to carry up to 3 large leather luggage items at a time, in this case a Saddleback Leather Suitcase, Waterbag, and Briefcase. I carry 100+ lbs at a time on this, which is probably more than is recommended, but it hasn't broken yet. If it does break, I'm sure I will buy another one to replace it. Once I get to the airport, either I fold it up, put it in a plastic sealed bag, then into my suitcase and check it; or sometimes I put a carry-on bag on it and wheel it onto the plane. Folded it is easily small enough to go into the overhead bin next to my briefcase, or under the seat in front of me. Overall great product, reasonably priced.
review image review image
on November 22, 2015
This luggage cart was perfect for transporting 2 carseats through the airport. We used additional bungie cords to attach and stabilize the carseats and it worked great.
review image
0Comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2016
Loved it 100%! Stacked two car seats on it & was still able to put one of my daughters in it as a stroller & pull it through the airport & plane! Super easy to fold up & pop out too!
review image review image review image
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
The luggage cart is a Godsend for me. I travel back and forth to Europe and I have to lug several carryon bags everytime, including a CPAP machine and laptop. The cart has solved the problem of how to get from gate to gate with a minimum of effort.
on November 9, 2016
This little guy has been through thick and thin with me and tougher it out like a champ! I travel everywhere for work and gone at least 60 nights per year. I bring this guy with me and pack all my samples on top to haul around to my clients. It's easy, super light, and conveniently folds to fit in my carry on. The only thing is that the strap is just a tad short so I had to buy a bungy cord to accommodate.
on January 26, 2016
We gate check our child's car seat when we fly - and dragging the car seat around the airport is more exercise than we are looking for at this point in our lives. We ordered this luggage cart and have been very satisfied with it. It is surprisingly lightway and very collapsible. When its collapsed, it fits easily in our backpack. The bungee cord that comes with it does a nice job of securing our britax car seat. This device has made our air travel much less physically exhausting.
on August 25, 2017
I used this to take 2 car seats through an airport. Saved my arms!
Pros: it folds up super small and is lightweight. Very easy to stow on the plane. Unfolds quickly, just one button. Tall enough to support 2 seats. If your load does not go past the actual carrier, it will fit down the aisle of an airplane.
Cons: the attached bungee wasn't long enough to stretch over both seats. It is a little tippy when turning corners or going over bumps. It needs to be tilted a lot to balance well. This may be more about our very large load.

We had to book it to make a flight and this rolls very well.
on April 24, 2017
Really nice little cart. Wish it had some sort of locking pin to keep it from collapsing. Overall very pleased. Seems well thought out and well built for the price.
__________

Post-Trip Use - May 13, 2017
This cart works well. Not perfect for all bags but it is really handy. Internationally it was a little difficult to set-up each time. If you have airports that are smooth and good sidewalks and plenty of time, this is a great little cart. If you are in a hurry it is not exactly something you want to be using in a rush.

I still give this a 4 of 5. It has room for some obvious improvements. For the price it is a good deal. Held up well throughout the trip. Just not very useable in a place like Florence, Italy.
on July 21, 2016
I purchased this cart to help with my luggage while I travel. We first tried as a cart for my kids car seat the first issue was the base is rather small a car seat fits but it take monuvering don't recommend using the bungy that comes with it is dangerous and shoots off. We next tried loading our luggage if you have large suite cases or a lot of luggage the cart will tip over. The cart can't handle weight very well.
I do recommend cart if your using it for carry on like a flight attendant. It handles small loads ok. The really nice part about it is it can fold of really small and fits In you bag when not in use.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.