Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Luggage Fiero HS Spinner 28
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on September 23, 2014
I bought 2 of these for some up-coming travel. Overall I like the construction of these bags. The only reason for 4 stars is that the wheels seem a little cheesy and do not appear to be easily replaceable/upgradable. If after my up-coming travel I haven't had any wheel problems I will change my rating. A WORD OF ADVICE: on one of these cases when I attempted to change the combination from default "000" to my own code, the combo did not set correctly. It took me a bit of trial and error to figure out the incorrect code. So I would recommend when you set your code that you do it ONE digit at a time. Check lock operation after each number is set. That way if something doesn't line up right, you only have to play with one dial to find the error.
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2014
Although this luggage was light and rolled well, it started to fail on the first flight. The fastener/luggage locks were made of plastic and broke in the initial use. The locking mechanism doubles as the zipper pulls and so it was hard to zip and unzip the piece once the tabs broke. Would not recommend this piece.
on March 28, 2014
I just got this so haven't used it. Will update after a few uses. The pros: this is a very good looking case. The color is a beautiful soft gray, and the surface is pebbled so it should not show minor scratching. It is quite cavernous and holds my diving fins easily. The expandable zipper is a nice feature. The wheels are very smooth.The cons: like any other hard case, it's hard to get into if you just need to stick your hand in to pluck something out, it has to be fully opened. Picking up the empty case pulls on the zipper, have to see how that holds up. There were no instructions on how to change the lock combo...I followed instructions I found on Google and immediately locked myself out, have to call Samsonite to get help and they are only open M-F. This is minor, though. For the price, this is a great case.

For those of you concerned about the linear dimensions, here you go : including wheels, 30 x 19 x 12.5, 61.5 linear inches.
11 comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2013
(This will be the exact same review as what I gave the Samsonite Fiero 24" since I purchased both)

I was wondering why no one ever bothered reviewing this product just about ANYWHERE. I usually Google reviews for products before any purchase but I couldn't find any for any of the Samsonite Fieros. I bought it anyway and I don't regret it.

It's quite durable. I went on an International flight recently (waited 'til my arrival before reviewing), 1 domestic stop and 2 international ones, and this hard-case luggage help up quite nicely in the end. It's not entirely scratch-resistant as it claims to be but the gashes it took upon transfers form port to port doesn't make the hard-case look bad at all. In fact, you can hardly tell its there. Which is good.

I may update the review if anything else happens to it in future use. But for now, I give it 5 stars!
55 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2015
I bought this a few months before vacation, we just returned after using it the first time and the entire shape of the bag is warped ;(. The bottom seems to be puckered out as well. It wasn't overloaded and doesn't appear to have been dropped or damaged on the shell itself just doesn't line up correctly.

I can't return it as my time frame has expired I wonder if samsonite will address it - very dissatisfied with the inability to retain its shape ;(
review image review image review image review image
Was about to purchase this, but got a bit worried after reading some comments about this luggage exceeding the size limit on checked bags. So I did some research and made some phonecalls. And here's what I found out.....

6 our of 6 airlines I've been in contact with said the same thing. A baggage is measured by length + width + height, including wheels and handle. Sad to say, this luggage do exceed the size limitations. But if you are prepared and willing to pay for an oversized luggage, then go for it.

Here's a link to United Airlines' baggage information: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/Pages/BaggageExcess.aspx
11 comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
The dimensions listed on the product page are: 28 x 20 x 13 inches. However, this does not include the length of the wheels which add another 2.5 inches. This means that the total linear size of the bag is 63.5 inches instead of the listed 61, which means that it will exceed the 62 inch limit that most airlines use for determining oversize bags if the baggage handlers are paying attention and decide to measure it. This means that using this bag could cost you $100+ in oversize bag fees every time you check it on a flight.
1515 comments| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2014
This Samsonite piece is very well made and hides the inevitable scars from baggage handling very well. I've used it on one transatlantic flight so far, and it looks pretty good. It handles very smoothly and is extremely light in comparison to previous Samsonite pieces I've owned... and it really holds a ton. My husband and I were able to pack everything, including wedding gifts, in this single bag with no problem. Keep in mind if it is really fully packed, you may go over your 50 lb baggage allowance, so you'll want to weigh it before leaving for the airport.
on April 17, 2014
I liked the case, but I was expecting something that was a little more rigid, I took one trip with this case and found several scratches on the case. One needs something awfully rugged when you look outside the window and watch how luggage gets tossed around by airlines personnel. A sceptic might think that baggage employees are consciously trying to see if the luggage will hold up to this brutal
treatment of of their stowed luggage.
I followed the procedure to the letter in setting the TSA -approved 3 digit combination locks. To my surprise, I could not open the case. I had to resort to Youtube to learn how to pick the locks on the evening before departure. I discovered that the numerical combination was one number higher than what I entered for each of the three characters I finally got a combination that works and I don't suspect that I will change it. Samsonite did not offs any solution to this problem!.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
I just used my new suitcase which is indeed very lightweight, for the first time on an international trip. My suitcase was fully packed, but it was not necessary to expand it. On my return flight, I was shocked to see that one side of the hard case had gotten stuck in the opposite side making it almost impossible to separate these without using a lot of force. When I collected my distorted looking suitcase in baggage claims someone next to me commented that a hard case suitcase is not supposed to be able to do that and I could only agree!! FYI, this particular suitcase also has a tendency to wobble since the two sides are only connected with the zipper and no reinforcement to keep it steady. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with it as I have owned Samsonite luggage in the past. I would not recommend it based on my experience. I have contacted Samsonite directly and am waiting for their response as I am reluctant to use it again in the future.