Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 9, 2014
I bought this carry on mainly for my Euro trip. I was looking for something light yet sturdy and strong enough to survive all the traveling I will be going through (by train and on foot) So my main concern was to find something compact that can easily be transported yet one that can carry as much as possible for a 2 weeks trip specially that I'm not planning to ship any luggage.

At first, when the bag arrived, I was a little bit disappointed as it looked really compact and slim (looks and weights less than your ordinary carry on) but during packing.. boy this thing is like a snake that can swallow more than its actual size! Below are the things I managed to carry with me.

1- 3X Jeans Pants.
2- 3X Shirts
3- 2X Tshirts
4- 5X Boxers.
5- Umbrella
6- 5X Pairs of socks.
7- 1X Thermal (pants and top)
8- 1X Pajama (Pants and top)
9- 1X Canon MPE-65 Lens.
10- 1X Flash Ring
11- 2X Skull Caps.
12- 2X Large Scarfs.
13- 1X Leather Gloves.
14- 1X Cigarette Box (200 Cigs.)
15- 1X Bathroom Bag (contained 5 small bottles, Trimming Machine with charger, 2 shaving blades, deodorant and toothbrush)
16- Portable Speakers.
17- Large PowerBank.
18- 5X Cables.
19 - 1X messenger bag.
20- 1X Passport bag.
21- Pills Box for 2 weeks.

When I was returning back, The 200 Cigs were gone and I had the chance to add souvenirs to my bag (Crocs, scarf, accessories and a mug)

Below are the main factors why I love this bag.

1- Very sturdy (it survived many bumpy roads).
2- Its made of very flexible material which makes the bag expand when add more stuff while still keeps it's elegant and compact shape.
3- It's made of material that is difficult to scratch (it was hit many times and still looks new)
4- It's a great quality zipper bag (this makes closing the bag much easier when it's over packed)
5- Very light.
6- Spinning system is very smooth (you won't need to drag it even when you're running. Unless you're walking on a bumpy road)
7- The handles are just very strong and long that I managed to put a big camera backpack over it and use it as a trolley.
8- Fits in all over head compartments I experienced (Airbus, Boing and even trains)

The only downside I can ever think of is that it lacks any compartments (just an empty box) but still I believe that this is the main reason why it can hold so much.
44 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 13, 2014
I ordered this suitcase because it was the lightest of the ones I was considering for a new carry-on. I knew I wanted a hard-side and a spinner (my first of both) and liked the look of this one. When it arrived and saw how slim it was I was concerned about what it would hold (yes, I read the dimensions but it's still hard to judge until you see it IRL). I two night trip coming up and was pleasantly surprised at how much it help without feeling like it was overstuffed. I had two outfits, pjs, high heeled loafers, toiletry bag, liquids bag, umbrella, laptop, power cord, phone charger, and a couple other small things and had no trouble closing the bag. It was heavy put not overly because the bag itself is so light. It fit easily in the overhead compartment (wheels first) and maneuvered fine upright. The only thing I'd change is to move the side handle to the left side - I don't know if it's habit or what but that's always the side I expect the handle to be on.

One note if you order this - it arrives and seems locked with no key and no way to open it. The zipper pulls snap into the lock and the combination is set at 0000. You have to slide the TSA keyhole button to pop the zippers out of the lock. It took me a while to figure it out and I felt like an idiot when I finally did but thought I'd note it in case anyone else runs into the same trouble.
88 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 22, 2014
A wonderful, sleek suitcase. I will admit to obsessive research before making a luggage purchase, looking at hundreds of choices in stores, online and reading stats and reviews. I found the Inova had the best styling next to the more cost prohibitive Rimowa and high end Tumi's, etc. I have this luggage in two sizes, 20 and 30 inch. My criteria for a suitcase was: 4 Spinner Wheels, Polycarbonate composition and built-in TSA Locks. It does not have any built-in pockets, which I would like, but can live without. The larger size bags have zippered covers separating each side, the 20" only has one side with zippered cover. This feature is good for packing and keeping contents from falling out when opening the bag and maybe better than that, it may help prevent the fearsome bed bugs from taking up residence. After a couple of big journeys with this luggage I noticed one of the rubber hinges had begun to tear, so I contacted Samsonite for info about replacement or repair. I took it to an authorized repair location and it was quickly fixed while I waited. Important to know is that the big white printed label inside the suitcase has a unique number on it that must be read to receive free warranty service. It looks like one of those labels you want to tear off pillows or blankets -- But Resist! You can fold it and tape it to minimize it's presence, but do not remove it, just in case you require a repair. This is good luggage in this price category.
22 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2016
It was only after I bought this that I found a site It says that if you want only one carry-on bag that meets most airline luggage size requirements for both US and international travel, you should get something that's 21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8. (I have no idea how they came up with that measurement -- I feel like 22" x 14" x 9" makes more sense.)
I wanted something that approximates Air France rules and still lets me use airlines in the US: 21.5 x 13.5 x 8 inches.

This bag:
22 x 15 x 7.5 inches

Note on this measurement:
--I measured the exterior of the bag.
--22 inches include the wheels.I could be wrong but as I understand it, those count in airline size regulations. Without the wheels, it is 20 inches.
--15 inches is about 1 inch too wide for most airline guidelines. That said, I took this bag from US to Canada without any issues.
--7.5 inches is definitely allowed on most (all?) airlines. This could go up to 9 inches and still be allowed on most airlines.

IATA “Cabin Ok” Optimum Size (unofficial but very common):
22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm)

Delta, United, American:
22 x 14 x 9 inches

Air France:
21.5 x 13.5 x 9.8 inches

Carry On Guy Website Recommendation:
21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8 inches (55 x 40 x 20 cm)

Old IATA Standards (too big for most airlines now):
22 x 18 x 10 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm) including all handles, side pockets, wheels etc.
22 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 8, 2015
I have had this suitcase for over a year and only now feel I can accurately review it. I would classify myself as a heavy business traveler, flying domestically once a week. When you travel that much, your luggage is one of the most important items you own and you begin to have strong opinions about luggage in general (strangely). I've traveled on more than sixty trips with this suitcase since I've purchased it.

This is an amazing bag, but it's not for everyone. I had specific requirements that originally led me to this bag. I have a petite frame so I need a light bag that I can lift overhead easily. I also wanted spinner wheels and a handle with one bar, not two.

One of the biggest differences and what could be construed as a "con" is the strange middle separation of the suitcase. This takes some getting used to. You need a large table or rack to fold it out like a hotdog bun to open it. The two sides are separated and one is "open" while the other side can be zipped close. I use the zippered side for clothes. A feature that at first was a bit confusing, has turned out to be incredibly useful. The zippered size compartmentalizes your clothes and keeps them separate from potentially dirty items, like shoes. It's tough to get things in and out on the fly, but that's something that I've gotten used to.

This is a small bag and the zippered compartment keeps my packing in check. You cannot overpack this bag, which I rather like. I use this for overnight trips and for 10 day trips. I really think you can fit that much in, but again, you need to practice minimal packing and rolling clothes helps.

I've grown to really love this suitcase but it did take getting used to it's quirks. My only request would be to add another handle on the bottom of the suitcase. But it's really a minor request.

I've had absolutely no issues with it's quality, as it has been bruised and battered for more than a year now. Other than a couple of scratches, it looks and performs wonderfully.
on July 30, 2016
Pros: VERY light. I had no trouble hoisting it up even when it was full. Perfect carry-on size, and it still offered some protection of a hard case luggage.
Cons: Feels flimsy, which is probably the trade-off of it being so light.
Conclusion: Use wisely. It's carry-on size for a reason. I would not check it. As a carry-on, it's great. I have used it on international flights to domestic train travel, and it's done it's job.
on November 5, 2015
A must have for a minimalist. It looks amazingly sleek and it stands up well under lots of travel. The only thing is that the metallic color looks painted on (which it is) I was hoping for a harder metallic type material. But it is a hard plastic that's painted a metallic color. Still looks and feel good though. Would certainly recommend if you like packing light and saving space. Fits very well into the carry on bag checker at the airports.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 1, 2015
I really wanted to love this suitcase. It has the simplicity, lite weight, space and ease of movement that I wanted. One thing I did not like is the way the 2 halves are connected making closure difficult due to sloppy misalignment and overlap. Sorry I didn't take a picture before I taped up the carton. I am taking it to UPS for return today. Disappointed. FYI- I did go to Target to look at others and the hardshells are all pretty much the same closure.
on September 12, 2017
Beautiful peoduct! I used to work for a luggage store for 2 years and I was lucky enough to get my hands on this in August. It was sold out for as long as I coukd remember. The wait was worth it! I love it so much that I bought the other 2 colors as well ( black and rose gold)
The polycarbonate material is unique so scratches don't stand out at all. Very spacious and sturdy.

Would higly recommend this product!
on September 18, 2015
Really love this suitcase. It looks tiny but fits a lot and the two separate sides make it much easier to keep your clothes organized on long trips. Travels easily along bumpy roads and is as light as they come. Looks great when it arrives but will quickly lose that shine due to normal wear and tear (ie scuffs and scratches will show up quickly). Fortunately it's what's on the inside that counts. Also the lock is a cool feature but know that you have to reset the code each time you use it. I locked it thinking that the same code would work each time and had to find someone to break into it for me in Athens.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.