Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on March 13, 2014
I ordered this suitcase because it was the lightest of the ones I was considering for a new carry-on. I knew I wanted a hard-side and a spinner (my first of both) and liked the look of this one. When it arrived and saw how slim it was I was concerned about what it would hold (yes, I read the dimensions but it's still hard to judge until you see it IRL). I two night trip coming up and was pleasantly surprised at how much it help without feeling like it was overstuffed. I had two outfits, pjs, high heeled loafers, toiletry bag, liquids bag, umbrella, laptop, power cord, phone charger, and a couple other small things and had no trouble closing the bag. It was heavy put not overly because the bag itself is so light. It fit easily in the overhead compartment (wheels first) and maneuvered fine upright. The only thing I'd change is to move the side handle to the left side - I don't know if it's habit or what but that's always the side I expect the handle to be on.

One note if you order this - it arrives and seems locked with no key and no way to open it. The zipper pulls snap into the lock and the combination is set at 0000. You have to slide the TSA keyhole button to pop the zippers out of the lock. It took me a while to figure it out and I felt like an idiot when I finally did but thought I'd note it in case anyone else runs into the same trouble.
88 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2014
I bought this carry on mainly for my Euro trip. I was looking for something light yet sturdy and strong enough to survive all the traveling I will be going through (by train and on foot) So my main concern was to find something compact that can easily be transported yet one that can carry as much as possible for a 2 weeks trip specially that I'm not planning to ship any luggage.

At first, when the bag arrived, I was a little bit disappointed as it looked really compact and slim (looks and weights less than your ordinary carry on) but during packing.. boy this thing is like a snake that can swallow more than its actual size! Below are the things I managed to carry with me.

1- 3X Jeans Pants.
2- 3X Shirts
3- 2X Tshirts
4- 5X Boxers.
5- Umbrella
6- 5X Pairs of socks.
7- 1X Thermal (pants and top)
8- 1X Pajama (Pants and top)
9- 1X Canon MPE-65 Lens.
10- 1X Flash Ring
11- 2X Skull Caps.
12- 2X Large Scarfs.
13- 1X Leather Gloves.
14- 1X Cigarette Box (200 Cigs.)
15- 1X Bathroom Bag (contained 5 small bottles, Trimming Machine with charger, 2 shaving blades, deodorant and toothbrush)
16- Portable Speakers.
17- Large PowerBank.
18- 5X Cables.
19 - 1X messenger bag.
20- 1X Passport bag.
21- Pills Box for 2 weeks.

When I was returning back, The 200 Cigs were gone and I had the chance to add souvenirs to my bag (Crocs, scarf, accessories and a mug)

Below are the main factors why I love this bag.

1- Very sturdy (it survived many bumpy roads).
2- Its made of very flexible material which makes the bag expand when add more stuff while still keeps it's elegant and compact shape.
3- It's made of material that is difficult to scratch (it was hit many times and still looks new)
4- It's a great quality zipper bag (this makes closing the bag much easier when it's over packed)
5- Very light.
6- Spinning system is very smooth (you won't need to drag it even when you're running. Unless you're walking on a bumpy road)
7- The handles are just very strong and long that I managed to put a big camera backpack over it and use it as a trolley.
8- Fits in all over head compartments I experienced (Airbus, Boing and even trains)

The only downside I can ever think of is that it lacks any compartments (just an empty box) but still I believe that this is the main reason why it can hold so much.
44 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2016
It was only after I bought this that I found a site It says that if you want only one carry-on bag that meets most airline luggage size requirements for both US and international travel, you should get something that's 21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8. (I have no idea how they came up with that measurement -- I feel like 22" x 14" x 9" makes more sense.)
I wanted something that approximates Air France rules and still lets me use airlines in the US: 21.5 x 13.5 x 8 inches.

This bag:
22 x 15 x 7.5 inches

Note on this measurement:
--I measured the exterior of the bag.
--22 inches include the wheels.I could be wrong but as I understand it, those count in airline size regulations. Without the wheels, it is 20 inches.
--15 inches is about 1 inch too wide for most airline guidelines. That said, I took this bag from US to Canada without any issues.
--7.5 inches is definitely allowed on most (all?) airlines. This could go up to 9 inches and still be allowed on most airlines.

IATA “Cabin Ok” Optimum Size (unofficial but very common):
22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm)

Delta, United, American:
22 x 14 x 9 inches

Air France:
21.5 x 13.5 x 9.8 inches

Carry On Guy Website Recommendation:
21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8 inches (55 x 40 x 20 cm)

Old IATA Standards (too big for most airlines now):
22 x 18 x 10 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm) including all handles, side pockets, wheels etc.
22 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 5, 2015
A must have for a minimalist. It looks amazingly sleek and it stands up well under lots of travel. The only thing is that the metallic color looks painted on (which it is) I was hoping for a harder metallic type material. But it is a hard plastic that's painted a metallic color. Still looks and feel good though. Would certainly recommend if you like packing light and saving space. Fits very well into the carry on bag checker at the airports.
on January 2, 2016
Great luggage, just ordered another one for $10 less in Indiglo Blue. Light weight. Though the mono handle is less sturdy compared to Cosmolite. The zipper is premium splash proof type and the TSA lock looks decent. Used it several time and hold up well.
on December 4, 2017
Great suitcase but if this is blue, I'm color blind! I ordered it and returned it twice! I'm on my third one. The suitcase looks grey to me. I even shined a flashlight on it. Couldn't see any blue. Great wheels. Lightweight. Love it but it's not blue
on March 6, 2016
Samsonite Innova has really am pretty satisfied.
But look at the reviews of other people that had the color difference.
I saw under the direct products picture looks a lot different.
However, the degree of color is not so ugly.
I wanted to give 5 stars, but gives only 4 stars because of the color difference between the picture.
review imagereview imagereview image
on November 23, 2014
Great suitcase. Three small challenges:

1. there is no expansion option yet that is the same with most hardcases.
2. The wheels don't like even low pile carpet. As a result it takes a bit more effort than I expected to move it around. This includes the carpet commonly found at airports.
3. The handle is a single extension pole vs. a double (I assume to save room in the bag. As a result the handle feels like it wants to bend (hasn't yet) and is useless for holding a second bag on top if you only want to use two wheels.
on January 6, 2016
Lightweight design good very good price is a little expensive ahswipneyo
on January 19, 2016
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.