Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 2, 2016
This item was inaccurate and inconsistent. We had two identical suitcases, which this scale indicated were over the 50 lb maximum. We repacked, reducing the items in the suitcases until they were each exactly 50 lbs according to this scale (yes, I held the scale the same each time). When we arrived at the airport, one suitcase weighed in at 40 lbs, the other at 37 lbs.

As we had planned to return with souvenirs, the scale was packed in a carry-on already, so it made the trip with us. An accidental drop from a chair maybe 2 feet to a carpeted floor destroyed it. We had expected much more from a respected name like Samsonite.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 14, 2014
TL;DR: I bought this luggage scale because I trust Samsonite. This doesn't work at all. If my luggage weights over 20lbs, it get stuck to 20lbs.

First, I was disappointed by the fact that it needed calibration. How am I supposed to calibrate that while on holiday? I have no other scale or anything that could help me with that. As a last resort, I decided that, if the calibration really changes the weight, I would use a bucket of water (so much for ecology: 5 liters of water wasted for calibrating a scale).

Then, I was reassured: the calibration doesn't matter whatsoever, it simply doesn't work. I packed my luggage and I estimated the weight around 40lbs. When I used the luggage scale, it showed 20lbs. I tried to remove stuff in my luggage to see if it was a problem of proportion (maybe it was showing only half of the real weight). It kept showing 20 lbs.

In the end, don't buy this crap. It's a waste of money.
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
on December 2, 2016
meh .. its alright I suppose it just doesn't role back :/ you have to do it manually so not cool but it's alright I'll survive
on October 17, 2016
This is my second luggage scale. Samsonite is a travel brand that you can trust. I've never regretted a Samsonite purchase. It is well worth the small expense to avoid overweight luggage. Keep in mind, the scales at the airport weigh heavy. Don't take your bag all they way to 50, stop at 47 pounds.
on May 3, 2015
hard to sue for me, much better digital one....
on March 27, 2014
I compare mine with my friends, my one is not accurate, always 5kg less that it suppose to be, Sad !!!!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 24, 2016
We've owned one for years and bought another one on Amazon as a gift. Recipient also loves it. Easy to use and comes in very handy!
on February 20, 2014
I bought this scale because of the brand name Samsonite, the scale showed my luggage 42 pounds, but the airport scale showed 61 pounds,made me so embarrassed. I didn't keep the packaging,because I trusted the brand name and never think to return.
2 helpful votes
on February 24, 2017
No need for battery and always "ready". Easy to use carry this to all my overseas travel
on November 21, 2016
Did not work well. Different weight every time same piece of luggage weighed.