Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
22 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 26, 2016
Low quality Samsonite products. I have used the bags sporadically (once every year) and they broke after 3 uses... The handle and the zip fell apart on the 22" carry on in less than 3 uses and the strap came off on the duffel bag. Feels cheaply made, is cheaply made. However, you get what you pay for - two stars blended due to value for money but don't expect this to last as long as your grandma's samsonite.
on November 4, 2017
It has been six months and they have gone on several flights and held up well. However, the smaller of the two wheeled cases will not fit in the overhead bins on commuter planes. It fits nicely though in the regular Delta overhead bins. So far for the benefits of carry-on when they take it at the gate. So, I now use the zippered duffel for a carry-on. This is not the fault of Samsonite so i do not hold it against them. The wheeled ones have several outside zippered compartments that I wish were inside the case for obvious security reasons.
on November 5, 2015
Due to shipping issues this order had to be made 3 times before it ever arrived and when it did I sent it right back. We were looking for an inexpensive luggage set for my daughter for an upcoming trip, the zippers and seams weren't finished being sewed on this. You would think Samsonite would be a better product, but I've had Wal-mart offbrands that looked better quality than this.
on July 7, 2015
You get what you pay for. We one of the zippers broke on the first use. Not a great set for those going on a flight. The wheels don't swivel. Kind of clunky. Should be good for those going in a car.
on May 27, 2017
This is PURE GARBAGE. I ordered it a month prior to my vacation. After I had packed all of my clothes in the suitcase, I attempted to raise the luggage handle and NOTHING HAPPENED. It was broken. . . Please do not order this product
on October 23, 2013
I chose this rating because my experience with it was ok but not awesome.

Let me start with what I liked which was the amount of stuff I could actually carry in these bags. It was very nice to travel with family and have uniformed bags that way it's easier to pick up at baggage claim (well unless someone else has the same exact bags).

I didn't like the fact that piece 4 did not have wheels. It would have been nice to have wheels so I could have attached piece 3 to it for a shorter trip. Instead I had to carry both bags and my hand bag which was very inconvenient and stressful while going through airport forms and so on.

The quality of the bags are also just ok. I received one bag with a spoiled zip and during my travels I found that the zippers were too fragile and the bag itself had a few thread thrills which got cut in something at a counter that caused the threading to rip.
on April 21, 2013
If you are looking for lower-priced luggage at a fair price and are not expecting it to last forever (or even more than a few trips through baggage handler's hands), this set will suffice. My wife used this set on a trip to Vancouver to Shanghai to Sydney and back. The bottom stand was already twisted and cracked by the time she reached Shanghai and was broken off by the time she reached Sydney. Otherwise, except for some scuff marks on the outside, it seems to have survived.
on June 7, 2014
I've been a longtime Samsonite fan and have been using them for years. Recently I decided to get a new set, just because I was tired of the black one I had and the red one made it obvious to spot. After my first trip, I noticed the zipper broke! Luckily, I was able to repair it on the trip. On my recent trip (3rd time using it), the frame was bent and I had to bend it back into shape. I know it's not a big deal, but it just made the product seem cheap. My previous Samsonite (a very similar set in black) has gone through a decade of abuse and has had no problems! This will be the last time I will purchase a Samsonite!
on July 11, 2014
Picked this set up for a great low price (sub $100) on a one day sale and I'm very pleased with them so far.

I wouldn't call this a "top of the line" set from Samsonite. I consider this set a slight step or two above your typical "entry level" no-name luggage you might pickup for $50-$75 at JCP or Sears. If I had to do it over again I would definitely purchase this set again if a similar deal was offered. Set does include a 10yr warranty should a problem arise which, I feel, is pretty nice for a set in this price range.

Like others, I was a bit disappointed with the size of the large bag but, again, for the price paid it's still a good deal. I would compare the large bag in this set with the middle sized case that might be included in a little nicer/pricier set.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.