Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,053 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,147 reviews
on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2015
Rolling luggage handles broke down the first day. I ended up pulling and pushing them around in the middle of an international airport. I think the mechanism is too weak for the size of these luggages. Others are sturdy and useful but overall I am very disappointed.
review image review image review image
on December 5, 2015
I received the luggage just in time for my trip home for the holidays. So I had no time to return this set or I would have. When I removed the bags from the packaging screws immediately begin to fall out. Unaware of where the screws came from I packed and prepared for my trip.When it was time to leave I pulled the handles up and it was clear where the screws had come from. The handles are the worst that I have ever seen. They are extremely cheap and made my travel difficult as I found myself having to carry the bags as opposed to pulling them. I tried inserting the screw back once I made it to my destination but that was a waste of time because they would actually screw into the holes. This was a terrible experience and my first time using the luggage and wouldn't recommend wasting your money.
on March 26, 2016
Low quality Samsonite products. I have used the bags sporadically (once every year) and they broke after 3 uses... The handle and the zip fell apart on the 22" carry on in less than 3 uses and the strap came off on the duffel bag. Feels cheaply made, is cheaply made. However, you get what you pay for - two stars blended due to value for money but don't expect this to last as long as your grandma's samsonite.
on December 17, 2015
I love Samsonite, the quality seems fine, but the wheels aren't 360 spinners...my fault, I should have been more vigilant in my research. My big issue is that I didn't see anywhere which I find disturbing. When we got the luggage home, after a looonnngg UPS delay, we found these tags, that said that California considers the material used to be dangerous, so much so that Samsonite is forced to warn their consumers.
Wish this info was mentioned before the purchase. Not sure if the hard case set is better but I will definitely be researching.

Again the quality seems fine, just not looking forward to a road trip with the set.
review image
on August 13, 2015
Samsonite 5 Piece Nested Luggage Set, Black I bought this luggage for a business trip mainly due to how many luggage pieces I got for the price. I LOVE this luggage set. I looked for quite some time to price match luggage from Amazon and other stores. This luggage set price can not be beaten and the best part is that the quality is NOT sacrificed by the lower cost. I had 4 layovers during my trip and the luggage withstood all of the transfers perfectly. The only thing I would recommend is to buy a lock for the bags because the locks that come with the luggage are not great but that has been my experience with all luggage. Other than the lock issue, I highly recommend this luggage and plan on buying another set for my boyfriend. Hurry and catch this great deal because I can honestly state that the price and durability are amazing. Other luggage I priced were twice as much as this luggage.
on February 14, 2017
Loveeeee my set! Traveling with it today

BUT on my largest suit case during traveling the the extended handle bar bent. I fought to save it but it was not happening. The metal material is flimsy. I ended up having to snap it off because it would not go down, so I can board the plane.

Don't fill your luggage up completely if you want to attach it another piece of the luggage, the bags will tilt over.
This is with both the large and small suit case.
Great material so far minor flaws.

I'll add pictures later I'm about to take off.
All experienced today during chasing my flights....
Kind of made it troubling.
on August 30, 2013
After shopping around in department stores for luggage, I decided to go ahead and purchase this set for our honeymoon. When I received them they looked great! but after packing I could see the zippers coming apart. (Cheap zip) We caught4 flights in total. On the way back, I noticed the frame of the large suitcase it's already bent and the zipper coming apart on the carry on also! This is absolutely unacceptable. I hate to say this but I'm not sure if this is an original Samsonite Product. The material looks and feels a lot different from at the stores and the ones I've had in the past.
on October 24, 2012
I received these in the scheduled amount of time and properly packaged. I love the set. Its pretty sturdy. The large duffel bag does not have feet on the bottom so the bottom is subject to the dirt off of the ground. I did not like that and gave it a 1/2 point off for that. The other 1/2 of a point off is because of the zippers. The Zippers seem to be off track on the small wheelie top pocket and 1 other piece; ( I cannot tell which one right now because it is in the closet now.) I used the luggage on a 7 day cruise. It handled well. No complaints so far. I will see how the off track zippers do me. I may have to send those pieces back for repair. They come with a 10 year warranty against manufacturing defects. The zippers being off track already is clearly a defect. I am cruising again next week so I cannot return them now. So the bottom line is they are good and sturdy. I would recommend it for the price of $110 or so. Hopefully the off track zippers is stroke of bad luck.
on June 7, 2014
I've been a longtime Samsonite fan and have been using them for years. Recently I decided to get a new set, just because I was tired of the black one I had and the red one made it obvious to spot. After my first trip, I noticed the zipper broke! Luckily, I was able to repair it on the trip. On my recent trip (3rd time using it), the frame was bent and I had to bend it back into shape. I know it's not a big deal, but it just made the product seem cheap. My previous Samsonite (a very similar set in black) has gone through a decade of abuse and has had no problems! This will be the last time I will purchase a Samsonite!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.