Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 401 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 420 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 11, 2015
 In my video review, I show every section and feature of this spinner bag, and I think it should help you see what you're buying. I use it a few times a week and purchased it many months ago and it still holds up nicely. I've even brought it traveling and thrown it around and it still looks practically brand new. Useful for travel, as a laptop carrier or just to store your electronics, papers ,etc at a good price. If this video review was helpful, please click on 'yes' below and happy shopping!
1717 comments| 533 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2015
Writing his review and adding pictures because I felt it would have been a definite decider to buy this product when I decided to buy. My main concern was if it fit under the seat, which it definitely does BUT ONLY in the window and center seats of Southwest (will not fit on the Aisle seats) and have pictures to prove it. Now it depends on the plane of course. This works for me and has all the necessary organizers. I use it for a projector as well as my laptop and tablet. A definite mobile office.
review image review image review image
on September 25, 2012
The zippers are much heavier than others I've looked at. Allows for an occasional cramming of items in the bag without a failure. The handle seems sturdier than others coupled with being a little longer. The wheels are fine, I didn't want a "spinner" briefcase, but I was willing to let that go because of its other assets. It seems some people have many more problems with wheels on luggage than I, so I must not test their durability enough to proclaim these "sturdy". They seem fine. The quality of the outside material is a heavy nylon type, not something that would rip easily. The laptop protector incorporated in the case is easily adjustable and accomodates my Dell E6510(17") easily. One thing I wanted was a unit that would fit under a 737 seat so I can bring another carryon for the overhead if neccesary. Done.
22 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2013
This produce would earn 6 stars, if not for two problems. First the good.

Pro: Very nice and functional carrier you can push on all four wheels for those who are busy or disabled. excellent for computer and supplies, and books.

Con: The handles are weak and if not for the warranty I would try to reinforce it myself. Next, the Wheels are excellent until they get some mileage. If you planned to use it 10 times a year it would not be a problem. If you use it several days a week it wear down quickly.

The primary problem is that they are trying to do too much with one bag, when they ought to make two or three.
They make it so if not over packed it can be used for carry on. That is great for some people, however if you are at a University or other similar place, and use it only as a mobile office--files, computer and books, along with accessories such as pencils, pens, etc. The wheels would wear down within two semesters for sure. Noticeably! My first one broke and it was under warranty by Samsonite, I received a fair refund as I had cut the straps that hold clothing.
The second one broke within a year, This time the handles. It was actually a week or so after a year so I had no warranty. Thus I bought a third one. The reason being there is nothing in the price range, or even $50 higher that I could find which could replace it.

That being said, I think Samsonite should make one for airplane travel and one strictly for students, professors, lawyers, and etc. I would be happy to pay $50 or perhaps more for sturdy handles and wheels. I wish Samsonite would expand so that we had that choice. As it stands, the bag tries to be all, and in doing so is master of none.
UPDATE:
This is about my 5th. They still have problems presumably with the handles being loose and the wheels wearing out within a year if you use it frequently, however I tried a competitors and this one is far superior in its price range. Flaws and all this is the best spinner office for the money. I wish someone had compared it before I bought the other brand but at least I could return the other brand for a refund. It was apparent that it was inferior immediately. Other brand starts with a P.
on April 28, 2013
I really wanted to like this bag. It's great quality at a good price.
But it's a bit too small where it counts.

Other Reviewers here have pointed out the problem, but everything is, of course, dependent upon what you need. Namely, once you insert a laptop into the provided slot, you can fit very little else into the compartment behind it.

There are tons of pockets. And great little zippered slots. Room for all kinds of things -- except in the main cargo area behind the laptop. You can squeeze a shirt and underwear in there, if you really need to carry these in a small carry-on. But if you have a book, or pair of binoculars, or anything thicker than about 3 inches, or that cannot be squashed -- it will be a battle.

Think of this as a minimalist approach to a great business bag. If you use a tablet or small laptop, but don't need to carry a portable printer or much else in the way of bulky items -- great! This is the bag for you. Flat thin books and magazines. A newspaper. Great! A 3-ring binder with lots of research papers? Probably won't fit if anything's in the notebook slot. And I think it's because the handle fills up a lot of the remaining cargo area (as on almost any collapsing-handle design).

The wheels do roll very well on this bag. If you've never used a bag where the wheels roll 360-degrees, you're in for a treat! I find such bags hugely comfortable to use, especially if they can also be tilted for pulling behind you -- which this one can (not all can -- beware the kind where the wheels are encapsulated in protective shroud, a fairly new offering from Samsonite).

I'd say it's ideal for a daily commuter, but not as a travel companion on a long trip. Anybody who claims this won't fit in an overhead bin must be trying to stash it upright, sitting on the wheels. Which is a bit of a "different" way to stash them that I've never attempted. It will easily lay down and fit there in any orientation.
33 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2015
If you travel for business and are looking for an overnight bag that will hold a few business files, a tablet and a lap top, this is not the bag for you. There is a better Samsonite product. For not much more, buy a Samsonite PFT Spinner Mobile Office 50858-1041. It's bigger, spins and rolls better and you won't have work files sharing the same area with your clothes. Seriously, the gussets for files are in the same compartment intended for clothes! If it says Xenon 2 on it - you are buying an inferior product. Macy's sells the better bag - but they want $380. I already own and have been using the better one for over a year and can fit my 17" Dell Laptop in it. All you have to do is pull the Velcro pieces off to the side and put the laptop in.The Velcro straps aren't necessary as the laptop fits snug enough.

I thought I was getting another 50858-1041 but was tripped up by not noticing this is actually a different product. I am sending it back and have already ordered the 50858-1041 Model from Amazon.
on July 6, 2015
I love this as an overnight (or two) bag. If you remove the "file expander" (who carries around physical file folders anymore?) leaving one pocket in the big back space, it fits a couple days worth of clothes and small toiletries. Maybe an extra pair of shoes. The laptop section is roomy enough for all the chargers you need, and the sleeve expands/contracts with velcro straps to fit whatever size laptop you have snugly. Front section good for tablet/ebook, napkins, pens, cards, etc.

Good spinning motion, but a bit of an issue with the telescoping handle. This is the second one of this exact bag that I have purchased, and there are two issues that occurred with the first:

- tiny screws that attache the handle to the telescoping part constantly "work" their way out. This time around I immediately removed the screws upon opening the box, and reinserted them using LokTite.
- telescoping handle occasionally will not "lock" at the slightly lower than fully extended position. Was a problem that couldn't be remedied on the first bag, but this one seems to still be fine after a few months' use. It's a bit too tall for me to propel comfortably at the fully extended height.

The bag is a bit heavy (even empty) for the size, but seems to be standard for spinner wheel bags of a similar size. All in all I love this bag...hence having purchased a second one!
on July 14, 2015
I struggled to choose between the Samsonite "womens" spinner and the "mens" spinner. It was impossible to compare/contrast these items on Amazon, similar bags with the same measurements, because the "womens" pics showed the "purse" section, and the "mens" did not show the comparable pocket. "Men's" showed the computer pocket, "women's" didn't. "Men's" showed a deep file pocket with a shirt/clothing area, "women's" did not. "Men's" showed a cool slip feature on the back to load this briefcase onto an overnight bag, the "women's" did not. So I ordered both. So here's the dish. Both have the slip-on for luggage. Both have similar "purse" pockets. "Men's" has a bizarre velcro computer holder that allows custom fit, "women's" has a simple strap that works quite well. "Men's file compartment falls open completely, with luggage type straps. It looks and feels like an overnight bag. "Women's" has a zipper that holds the bag upright and doesn't let the back fall to the ground as "men's" does. "Men's" is red/black interior, "women's" is beige/black. In this case, the "women's model was clearly more suited to a mobile office, and not an overnight bag with a computer/file pocket as the "men's" was. Both have slightly wobbly extension handle that looks unstable. I'm a bit worried this won't hold up. We would have kept the "women's" as the clear winner, even if the "men's" didn't have some weird mold in the "purse" compartment.
on June 13, 2014
Used this for two trips so far and I would recommend if you are packing light. Build quality is great and it looks like it will last me a long time. I've used this so far for an international and a domestic flight and I did not have a problem with overhead storage.
However, this is not a big bag.
There are two compartments. I would put my laptop and gadgets in one and some clothes or books in the other.
With my laptop and gadgets in one compartment, I was only able to add a few shirts, a pair of jeans and shorts in the other compartment. I think you would be able to pack more but the bag takes on a weird shape and looks like it is going to pop.
Overall, it is a great bag as long as you are looking for a smaller sized bag. I also bought another bag that has more storage but can fit in the overhead storage. I use the Xenon 2 if I am packing light and the other bag if I need more storage on my carryon bag. Also, this would make a great everyday work bag if you need an extra large briefcase.

Pros
Sturdy build,
Professional look (not too flashy)
Front pockets are useful
The four wheels makes it very easy to use and maneuver
Fits in overhead compartment
Two large compartments

Cons
For travel, size may be a little small for some
on April 2, 2017
I used the product for a couple of weeks. There were a couple of items that were good about it, and a couple that were not so good

PROS
Lots of room
Nice tall handle
Wheels are sturdy
Strap on back helps back to hold on to the telescoping handle of another suitcase

CONS
When open bag tends to tip over forward
When attempting to zip up main compartment, expander straps constantly get in the way
A bit on the heavy side
Supposedly fits under an airline seat but I think it would be a tight fit

Overall it is an okay back. I sent back because it just wasn't for me though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.