Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on April 21, 2012
This luggage lock is by Samsonite; the well renowned luggage manufacturer. It is TSA approved meaning that TSA agents can inspect your luggage without destroying your bag and/or the lock. It also has an added feature that let's you know that the lock was opened by a TSA agent. This is a good feature to have which will make you verify that your luggage is still intact. Overall it is a good lock and it is money well spent. The instructions are quite straight forward and the combination lock is easy to personalise. I hope you enjoy the product as much as I have.
11 comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2013
have used these before and I find them very good - so do the TSA, apparently, as very often in the course of my international travels, I find them missing after reaching home and seeing an "INSPECTED BY TSA" notice in my bag !!!
22 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2016
Garbage. 2 out of 4 failed. One was on my suitcase and I had to cut it off with a hacksaw. Two comments here - 1/ even if you carefully set the codes, there is no guarantee they will open later. 2/ if you have to cut them off, it is dead easy, as they are not made of hardened steel. Don't buy - you will be sorry.
on January 16, 2016
I bought two of these for a family trip. I set my combo for both of them and tested them a few times before locking my bags. Since I keep my bags locked even when at the hotel, after being out I went back to go open the lock and the combo I setup ended up changing some how on one of the locks. Thankfully it was only by one number (the last one) so I was able to remove the lock. I tried resetting the combo for that lock and it worked once but then after that one time I couldn't get it to open again and had to buy a replacement while on my trip. Still can't get it to open, but the other lock works just fine. Not sure what happened but for the price these go for and to have the Samsonite name on the lock and this happened I'm a bit disappointed.
on November 12, 2016
Purchased because of the pretty floral design that made it different. Upon receipt it surprised me that the hasp did not fit into the lock but is held in place by an exterior plastic piece. I'm not sure how secure this is. Apparently this is something new. Also, the lock numbers are difficult to read in certain light but do show up well if you rotate it out of direct light. I have not had occasion yet to reset the alert; it pops the bottom key portion out of position and you have to use a pointy object to push it back into the lock. I prefer a hasp in lock setup with color alerts and not having to use any tool to reset. Because I know there is another model lock out there that does this, I would not purchase this model again.
on September 25, 2017
I have bought a lot of these luggage locks and have not been pleased with their fit or function UNTIL I bought this lock. The numbers are easy to see (even in low light) and the fit and feel is durable and secure.
on February 4, 2013
If you travel by plane, then the TSA may need to open your checked bags as part of their security procedures. And, if you don't have a lock that is TSA-approved (i.e. they have a master key), then they will simply cut off your old lock. And your luggage will complete the rest of the trip unlocked.

Not a good idea, so these TSA-approved locks make great sense. These are 3 dial number padlocks, so someone with a few hours to burn could run through the combination, I suppose, but it would take them a long time. The colour is vivid (useful as it seems that black is the default colour for suitcaes these days), so easy to spot on the baggage carousel. Apart from that, they are combination padlocks.
on August 18, 2013
I like to travel and when I do I like to keep my bags locked. Before I leave home I put this lock on my bag and the TSA has the ability to open the lock and check my bags, if need be. They then put the lock back on. I also like to keep my bags locked while at hotels - this keeps my clothing and items secure from housekeeping and others while I am out sight seeing. I lock is a must when traveling.
on July 21, 2014
Expensive for what they do but I wanted something durable and these are. The TSA indicator is useful, to me, although for the life of me I cannot figure out why the TSA has to open my luggage when an x-ray scan cannot be showing anything controversial. How can what they are doing be safe if they can't trust the x-ray scan? Anyway, I can tell if someone has been in my luggage and I can reset the indicator easily. Hang onto the instructions, though, if you are interested in this. I now have a set of instructions in my phone as a PDF. Another thing to watch for is that if you do not spin the tumblers, the lock can open and fall off. Again, I think the TSA was to blame for this, but I cannot be sure so I mention it. The locking end of the hook does not enter the lock body itself and is only kept from opening by the collar you see in the upper left of the photo.
on June 10, 2014
With how difficult it is to actually put in a personal combination I was surprised when I couldn't open my lock. I tried numerous times to open the lock using the combination I had been using the entire trip, when the locks changed the combination. I sat there and tried everything. Finally, I googled how to pick the lock open. Which actually worked. So the fact that it changed by itself, and the fact that it was relatively easy to pick the lock, I would not recommend this lock. Once I picked it I threw it out.