Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 21, 2012
This luggage lock is by Samsonite; the well renowned luggage manufacturer. It is TSA approved meaning that TSA agents can inspect your luggage without destroying your bag and/or the lock. It also has an added feature that let's you know that the lock was opened by a TSA agent. This is a good feature to have which will make you verify that your luggage is still intact. Overall it is a good lock and it is money well spent. The instructions are quite straight forward and the combination lock is easy to personalise. I hope you enjoy the product as much as I have.
11 comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 21, 2017
Couldn't open lock, although tested it before traveling.
It had to be cut off in East Africa; fortunately we were able to find assistance at the lodge where we were staying.
on August 28, 2017
Great product at a great price!
on August 3, 2017
Had to have it cut off at hotel, would not open.
on August 18, 2013
I like to travel and when I do I like to keep my bags locked. Before I leave home I put this lock on my bag and the TSA has the ability to open the lock and check my bags, if need be. They then put the lock back on. I also like to keep my bags locked while at hotels - this keeps my clothing and items secure from housekeeping and others while I am out sight seeing. I lock is a must when traveling.
on November 12, 2016
Purchased because of the pretty floral design that made it different. Upon receipt it surprised me that the hasp did not fit into the lock but is held in place by an exterior plastic piece. I'm not sure how secure this is. Apparently this is something new. Also, the lock numbers are difficult to read in certain light but do show up well if you rotate it out of direct light. I have not had occasion yet to reset the alert; it pops the bottom key portion out of position and you have to use a pointy object to push it back into the lock. I prefer a hasp in lock setup with color alerts and not having to use any tool to reset. Because I know there is another model lock out there that does this, I would not purchase this model again.
on May 7, 2014
I bought several of these locks in black and red for my wife and I. Along with our "Samsonite Luggage Travel Sentry 3 Dial Combination Straps", they have kept our luggage secure and recognizable. On two trips where I hauled a backpack in town, I transferred these locks from my luggage to my backpack for additional security while hiking, riding the tubes, city buses, and traversing all of the overcrowded tourist spots.
on November 5, 2015
As with at least one other reviewer, I find that the combination just resets itself. Fortunately this happened to me at home not on the road. I had two of these set to the same combination, neither would open. I fooled with them for a long time and finally got one to open by INCREMENTING the top number and the other but DECREMENTING the bottom number. No it was NOT because I had changed them. This was AFTER I had used them successfully on the road for 6 weeks. *NOT* reliable. Threw them both out when I finally got them open.
on March 2, 2014
If I could have given this lock 0 stars, I would have. I purchased these locks 2 days ago. When I got home, I read all instructions, changing the combination so both locks would be the same. I locked and tested both locks repeatedly, then put them on my Pelican gun case (5 Stars). Today I went back to place an additional pistol in the case for my move/flight and only one opened. I messed with combinations and finally opened it, as it was 1 number off (strange because I tested it repeatedly...I'm OCD). OK, no problem, I changed the combination back again, repeatedly tested it, placed it back on the case along with the working lock after I tested it again. Then I tried to open them and neither one would open!! What I did was apply very little pressure to the metal "U" latching area and got both locks off. I then stuck a bobby pin in the TSA key area, immediately hearing a pop, turned the plastic barrel on top by the "U" and opened it with 2-5 seconds. What I'm trying to say is you may as well use a twist tie on your luggage instead of these locks. They are cheaper and can at least be used to keep your bread bag and garbage closed too!
I'm sorry that I do not have an alternative to suggest besides the twist ties. Good luck.
on July 4, 2014
This lock totally ruined my trip. I bought 2 locks at airport for a big cost. I trusted Samsonite brand name. They looked heavy duty and secure. The store guy helped me to set the combinations. They worked well in the first two days. One day I could not open one lock with the right combination after I just opened it 10 minutes ago. I thought I accidently changed the combination. I was upset on myself and since then, extremely careful to handle the second lock. BUT...., the same thing happened to the second lock on next day. It suddenly did not work with the combination. Moreover, this was the worst, when I brought two lugguge to local locksmith, he figured out and opened them up using a pin to the hole at the bottom. I believe this is the backdoor for TSA. Combinations still did not work but any pin works. Those Samsonite locks lock the owners out and but wide open for the thieves.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.