Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on November 10, 2014
I love my bag, and I use it every day for work. I'm carrying a Dell Latitude e7440, which is a relatively lightweight laptop, plus a charger and some miscellaneous personal items (lightweight, nothing heavy). I have used it every day for work since I purchased it, and I have travelled with it a few times as well.

I have not had any issues with it, except within a few months of use, the threading/stitching began to break away from the laptop softpack. It has pretty much completely unraveled at this point. This started within 3 or 4 months of using it. I've continued to use it for the last ~9 months or so since I bought it, and I probably will continue to use it, but I am disappointed about the threading issues and expect more from Samsonite. I will probably try to stitch it back together when it comes off completely, but really, I shouldn't have to and I would expect it to last several years without me having to doctor it up :(
review imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 11, 2012
The Samsonite Xenon 2 Backpack is perfect for any person that prefers a pack that is rugged, refined, organized and has a great look to it! I looked at over a hundred (no exaggeration) packs. I needed one that gave me easy access to all of my folders, supplies and laptop. The Xenon 2 was definitely the right choice! Plenty of pockets, most of them padded for added security for other electronic devices, the folder slots in the main compartment are reinforced and sturdy, not flimsy fabric folder slots like on other packs. The padded laptop slot is easily adjustable and locks your laptop in like its fort knox Lol! I can fit all of my books, laptop and all of my supplies including drinks and snacks inside. The pack is just the right size, not too large, not too small. The back pads and shoulder straps have very thick and comfortable padding. The external side pockets have rugged elastic in them so they stretch to fit drink bottles. Im very pleased with my purchase.
33 comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2015
I have used this backpack for daily use since May 2014. I use it to take my files and laptop back and forth to work and use it for travel. It has been on over a dozen flights and the TSA approved it with just unzipping it and not removing the laptop in all cases except one, and that was coming back out of Waterloo Canada so was in a different country. There are only two items of wear and tear. The zipper on the main compartment sometimes opens in the middle so I have to unzip and rezip to close it. The tablet pocket starting to unravel a bit at the top seam, but that was my fault for having a 10" tablet with a case and I was having to pull the pocket to get the tablet and case in. After seeing this, I downsized my tablet and/or use the larger tablet without the big case and it has been great. I was worried about the shoulder straps as I pack this thing full and it is heavy but they are holding up so far. Again, DAILY use.
on August 30, 2017
I really like this bag. I have used it for 3 months. It has lots of dividers/pockets inside, plus several outside easy to access zippered pockets. It has 2 bottle holders on the sides, which can also be used to hold an umbrella. The laptop side holds my thin laptop, plus a lot of bulky cords, mouse, power supply, etc. The document side is big enough to hold a padded clipboard, plus a filled 2-inch binder. It usually stands up on the floor without falling over. It has a strap to pass your suitcase handle thru, plus two top straps, a heavy one for carrying and a lighter one to provide a grip when it is on a suitcase handle. The material seems pretty rugged, and should last a while. The small zippered pockets have a red interior, and the larger compartments have a light gray interior, making it easy to find your stuff. Overall, I can't think of anything I would want different.
on August 18, 2015
Functions very well with lots of compartments and pockets. Dedicated and adjustable compartment for a laptop is handy but sometimes they still make me remove the laptop completely. The designated tablet compartment is actually not a good place for an iPad; a better place would be in the back of the main compartment or with the laptop so that the tablet is supported and protected. One exterior pocket on each side expands to hold a water bottle or compact umbrella. A clip for keys in the interior pocket would have been nice. Also the strap that holds the bag on luggage handles is a bit tight, making it difficult to do or remove quickly. Overall, a nice bag. Would buy again.

Filling the exterior side pockets may take away from the interior volume since the outward expansion is limited. You can fit an umbrella easily but if you have a larger water bottle, it will push into the interior space some. Without anything in the side pockets, the bag will fit the narrowest underseat spaces. So far, the bag has held up for me.
on March 28, 2017
I really, really like the design of this bag, specially for business traveling, everything is great until, within months, the seams start to rip apart. Poor quality. It happen already to 2 bags. I am trying now the eBags Slim Junior Laptop Backpack to see if I have better luck. I miss already the TSA functionality.
review image
on November 9, 2017
I bought this backpack for my friend as a gift in February 2015. Primary purpose for him was to carry office laptop, a tablet and few notes. books. Occasionally this was also used for international travel as a carry-on in long flights across the globe. I know for sure that my friend uses it harshly and it has stood the test of times for the past 2+ years, close to 3 years. The black colour version can be easily cleaned and till date looks brand new, which is unique and good to flaunt in front of others.
The cool thing that I find is that it has a padded pouch at the front end that can hold a lot of items and works perfect for an IPAD.
I personally use a SWISSGEAR IBEX Blue version which is robust and can hold a lot of items for a carry-on, but also is a bit bulky and heavy compared to the Samsonite Xenon 2 Backpack.
I would recommend this to any average user with occasional travel that can withstand light to heavy use without much wear and tear.
on July 25, 2016
I bought this bag through Amazon 3 years back and the bag is still a very comfortable and great bag. I am a consultant and love travelling. I have been travelling with this bag for 3 years with atlease a travel every month and this is my bag where I can travel for business or a weekend trip. It can accomadate my laptop and luggage for atleast 3-4 days.

This has never let me down in carrying luggage. There was a time where I would squeeze in items and it still would work fine without any issues. The bag has torn a bit on the side and the laptop zipper starting having troubles where I was planning to buy a new bag. After researching a lot I couldnt find a bag as comfortable as this one .
on June 6, 2016
The Xenon 2 is a good clean look for a professional business use backpack. I studied backpacks in all prices for months and concluded this one would fit my needs best. The primary reason is it stands upright when I put it down. I didn't like my other one that fell over when i was giving a sales presentation. The adjustable laptop sleeve is amazing, because my laptop is fully supported and won't move around as I move. Finally for me I need a large middle pocket because I sell sports apparel which takes up a lot of space. The reason I am 4 out of 5 stars is there is no key fob to attach your keys to when you travel. My old backpack and to me that was important, but standing up in a sales presentation is more important to me.
on May 2, 2017
The backpack is fine very functional but after a year and a half it became unstiched in different places. I have had other backpacks and this have never happened to me (see photos). Kind of dissapointed with samsonite!!! :(
review imagereview image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.