Samsonite Magnitude Lx 2 Piece Nested Hardside Set (20"/28"), Black, Only at Amazon
|Price:||$299.90 + $27.65 shipping|
|You Save:||$160.09 (35%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Exclusive to Amazon, 100% ABS
- 360 degree multi-directional spinner wheels
- Intense corrugation for shell strength, brushed texture for scratch and scuff resistance, compression expansin gussets on all spinner sizes
- Cases expand for maximum capacity, clean modern panel design, locking and adjustable pull handles
- Ergonomic pull-handle system, Full divider and compression straps
- TSA lock on larger checked piece only
- Carry-On Spinner measures 20" x 14.5" x 9.25" (excluding handle and wheels) and weighs 6.75lbs
- Larger Spinner measures 27.75" x 19" x 12.5" (excluding handle and wheels) and weighs 11.3 lbs
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Introducing a line built to take the harshest travel elements, Samsonite Magnitude LX combines textured finish to reduce scratching with the lightest 100% ABS construction, ensuring your luggage looks as great on the 100th trip as it does on the 1st. This lightweight line offers heavyweight protection riding on effortless spinner wheels. Don't pull your case; let the Magnitude LX roll comfortably beside you on your journey. Design includes expansion for added capacity when needed. TSA locks ensure your belongings arrive safely to your destination. Extremely lightweight and visually impactful, this collection takes luggage design to the next level.
From the manufacturer
Samsonite Magnitude LX
The Samsonite Magnitude redefines the physics of luggage maneuverability to create the most effortless rolling bags on the market. This set offers unparalleled control, fluid movement and a range of motion which truly compliments the physiology of the modern traveler.
Spinner Wheels - Four wheels...zero effort, four multidirectional spinner wheels allow 360 degree upright rolling in multiple directions so there is no weight on your arm.
Contoured handle tailors to the traveler's unique height and movement allowing multiple points of contact and interaction.
Customized, recessed TSA combination lock provides security when checking belongings (On 24" & 28" Spinners).
Samsonite’s not just in the business of making luggage, we’re in the business of building confidence. Confidence that when you step off the curb, your luggage wheel isn't going to pop off. Confidence that if you put your laptop in the bag in one piece, that’s the way it will come out. Samsonite has set an industry precedence by perfecting and innovating luggage, casual bags, backpacks, travel accessories, and now electronics carriers and laptop bags. Over one hundred years of reliability, durability, style and innovative functionality have made Samsonite’s iconic products, and brand, the global leader they are today. If you are going to head out the door, do it with peace of mind. Because, life has a way of coming at you fast. Be ready for anywhere.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- I don't know how many of those other reviewers have shopped for 'Hardsided luggage' before ordering this. MOST (I will delve deeper into this shortly) 'Hardsided luggage' is not truly HARDsided at all! It is just not 'soft', like your typical cloth luggage that you find. Please do not read "Hardsided" in any luggage description, and think that you will be getting a suitcase that is thick, stiff, and does not flex! As I said earlier, this applies to MOST 'Hardsided luggage' labeled as such. There are certainly some brands/models out there that are truly HARDsided and do not flex. If this is what you are looking for, you need to look elsewhere.
Now, if you have been looking for luggage and visit any store that carries Samsonite luggage, I think you will be surprised to find that THEY ALL FEEL LIKE THIS ONE. That's right, go into Kohl's, Macy's, or whatever department store is in your area, and feel any of the Samsonite 'Hardsided luggage' they have. They all feel like this one. They all flex. They all will 'give' when you push on them. The larger the bag, the more flex there will be. They all are pretty much the same except for the design and color. They are all made out of ABS plastic with different textures. Push on them, pull on them, poke and prod them. They will all feel just like these.
The true test of any luggage of course is actually using it. Seeing how it stands up to the abuse of the airlines is the only way to tell if luggage is any good or not. I purchased these to replace 15 year old luggage that is long past its prime. I hope that these hold up well. They are truly Samsonite. They carry the same Samsonite warranty as any other Samsonite like kind/quality bag. One set will get its first test this coming week as my wife will be traveling from CA to IA and back. I will update this review after she returns.
I have rated 4 stars for now. Like I said, these appear to be of the same quality, material, and craftsmanship of any other 'Hardsided' Samsonite luggage that I have looked at in the stores. My biggest gripe? The fact that I paid more for this set for a "Black Friday special" than the price is today. That is bogus and Amazon will not make any adjustment in the pricing. That's just poor business for an "exclusive". Anyway, as stated, I will update asap after the trip and let you all know how well it held up. Thanks for reading!
UPDATE 1/2/18: Ok, so the large piece of luggage has survived a round trip flight (with one layover switching planes) to IA from CA and back. A few scuff marks on the bag, but overall, it held up really well! As has to be expected with flying, these bags see a lot of abuse from the airlines. Have you ever watched them load/unload these things?! They toss them around, smashing them against each other. It's amazing more bags aren't damaged. Anyway, this did very well for this trip. No dents, no dings, no tears. All wheels working properly. We are not jet-setters by any means, and don't fly often, so I think that these will work well for us. Now, if you travel a lot, you may want something more 'durable'. I was mistaken above when I said that all are made of ABS. Some Samsonite hard sided bags are made of Polycarbonate or a blend of Polycarbonate and ABS. ABS is the lightest, but least durable. Polycarbonate is the most durable, but also the heaviest. The blend is supposed to be the best of both worlds, saving some weight, but giving up some durability. These are made of ABS.
I have seen another review mentioning that the small bag does not have the lock on it. This is because this bag is meant to be a carry-on bag. In other words, it should be in your posession/sight at all times, negating the need for a lock. Please remember that these locks are NOT to secure a bag. They are simply there to give you peace of mind that anyone cannot just open and go through your bag as it travels. Another review mentioned that the lock did not come with a key. There is no key that comes with this lock. The key hole is meant for TSA to unlock it. The only thing you do is set the 3 digit code to unlock, not use a key.
I hope that this has assisted some of you with your decision. Thanks for reading!
After I ordered, I began seeing low ratings on Amazon for this product, and as it turns out, I agree with many of those red flags. The first thing I did: I opened the package, and without even taking the contents out, I felt the material of the case: very flexible! Not what I had thought I was ordering. I was looking for a true hard case and this is more like something you'd find in a child's toy. You'd be better off using a Rubbermaid container as a suitcase than this product. Save your money and look elsewhere.
1. They were immediately scuffed after my first flight. Which doesn't bother me (I like my luggage to look a little used... badge of honor) but I seem to remember my other Samsonite luggage not being roughed up so quickly. Many variables, but I did notice it.
2. They are definitely not the Samsonite material I'm used to. Usually Samsonite is a bit more heavy duty feeling, and as soon as I opened these I was a little skeptical. The material has some "give" to it, but not to the point I think it'll be destroyed by my frequent flying. Like I said, I flew 3 round trips with them through some rough and busy airports and they made it out okay. I really like that they have 360 degree wheels on them and have the TSA lock. They seemed to roll smoothly even when I dragged them over some concrete in a parking structure, up some stairs, etc.
3. I think they're fine for the money I paid for them - however I personally, at the $450 price, would go buy some Samsonite luggage from Macy's or something instead. But for the $130 or so I paid for these, I anticipate getting a few good flights out of them and then I'll probably move on to some "buy it for life" version of the same brand of luggage.