Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 22, 2013
If like me, you never have an umbrella when you need one, this is an awesome light weight item that is TINY, about the size of a longer wallet. So I just move this with my wallet into whatever bag I'm currently using. It really only just about covers you though so it's probably not for gusty rain but it definitely at least takes away that "uh-o I left the house while it was sunny and now I'm walking to the bus stop and it's about to pour". For what it is, it's also pretty sturdy. Note that this is a MANUAL open and close, so if you'd prefer the one button feature, you may need to go slightly heavier. Otherwise watch your fingers when you close it so you don't pinch the skin- ouch.
36 people found this helpful
on August 21, 2013
My wife and I travel a lot, and she is brutal on umbrellas. I've bought travel umbrellas before, but they are either too big and heavy, they aren't well designed, or they don't last long. This Samsonite model is well made, is well designed to fold down easily, and lasts long. Other umbrellas can be as light weight, but they often aren't designed well to fold down and you're left with a partially folded umbrella in your travel bag. This one can be folded away easily. Overall, one of the best travel umbrellas at the price.
56 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
It is small. Don't buy it if you want to stay dry. Even my elbows were wet after I walked under it.
It is gentle. Don'y buy it if you will be under a wind, or if you plan to throw it in a pile of things.
It is not so easy to fold. Don't buy it if you want to fold it in 1 second
But gosh, is it small when folded!
Its the smallest umbrella I ever seen!
You will literally forget about it in your purse!
The build is good, and although it's quite gentle, the quality of materials is sweet.
So buy it — if you need to have un umbrella and you have no place for it.
Buy it to carry in your purse, in your backpack, in your jacket pocket.
11 people found this helpful
on January 2, 2015
Product arrived as described. Overall length (when folded up and stored) is 9 inches, width 3 inches. Comes with a storage bag that is same material as umbrella. Umbrella material is similar to most umbrellas but seems less plastic and more like a windbreaker. This material seems like it might last longer under the stress of constant flexing (opening/closing) unlike most cheap umbrellas that seem to fracture or crack around the hinged-seems-connections due to plastic failure. Hinges and mechanisms seem to be slightly better construction than typical umbrellas. Main stem is light weight aluminum (black) and is easily bent however, overall height (when open) is 20inches which doesn't put a lot of force on this aluminum stem. Width (fully open) is 30inches and there are no unsightly graphics, logo's or print on the product. Hoping that the "Samonite" name means it's construction is more durable and long-lasting than most.....
3 people found this helpful
on September 24, 2015
On my opinion, It is made on high quality materials, really well made umbrella, it doesnt open and close automatically, it works like the classic style umbrellas. take present that this umbrella is really tiny, that is great when you need to put your closed umbrella in your handbag or even in your pant pocket (it fit), but note that it size could be bad when you are going to used it, if you are going to used it as a sun shade it will be great, but when you are going use it to cover from the rain, depends, it could do a great job if we are talking about a drizzle, but when a rain shower is approaching, you only could used this tiny umbrella to cover you head and shoulders from the water until you arrive to indoors. Even though, this was what i was looking for, and i have had this umbrella for more than a year and I have no complaint. I hope my opinion can help you (I add a picture).
review image
13 people found this helpful
on August 2, 2015
Pretty great umbrella, compact enough that you don't have to think too hard about whether you feel like lugging it around.

The only downside is that its size, when opened, is still pretty small. I bought the umbrella for a rainy trip to Florida recently. Because my wife usually didn't feel like carrying her own umbrella, when it would rain, we only had one umbrella between the two of us and it's just too small to provide coverage for two people. I'd offer to let her have the umbrella, but she usually wouldn't take me up on the offer. So we were just walking around, husband and wife, one of us covering ourselves and leaving the other out in the rain.

So, with this tiny umbrella, be prepared to look like a jerk if you only have one umbrella and are keeping yourself dry while your friend (or spouse, or whoever) is left out in the rain. But whatever. It's kinda their own fault for not buying themselves an umbrella that is small enough that they'd happily carry it with them just in case.
on August 18, 2016
We live in San Francisco, where the rain is not frequent and not heavy. This isn't the sturdiest umbrella, but it is fine for our city. Folds up small enough to fit in my jacket pocket and the case keeps water from dripping. No complaints so far.
3 people found this helpful
on October 4, 2015
I bought this for its small size and flat shape. The intent was for it to be a backup that I can carry perpetually in my backpack (as I commute by walking), or slip into my back pocket on days when rain is uncertain. It fills that purpose, but it is quite flimsy. I suggest treating it as disposable. I have a nice "windproof" umbrella for days when I know I'll need one.

Incidentally, it's really not very easy to get it folded back into its perfectly flat shape. Like those old maps or a fitted sheet, it'll never be folded just so again after you use it.
One person found this helpful
on July 13, 2014
It's small and seems to function well. It is a nice size when expanded and folds back into it's storage size easily. I use it in my photo bag where space is at a premium. I had a few small umbrellas already, but none this small. Do not buy any umbrellas with rubberized handles on them. For some reason, every umbrella I have (from at least 4 different manufacturers) with the rubberized grips gets very "sticky" after a year or two. Once it gets sticky it never goes away and that stickiness gets transferred to your hand when you grab it. I do not use lotion on my hands and it isn't from sun tan lotion. I think some of the oils from the material start to come to the surface after awhile and gives it that sticky feeling.
on November 10, 2014
I am a small petite woman and I have a medium-sized tote. I love this umbrella because it fits perfectly in my purse without with bulky at all and its easy to pull out at any sign of raindrops. It has an easy snap design and its simple to retract as well. It is a fairly short handle, and it fits one person under very comfortably, maybe two but definitely will not cover three people underneath. I've only had this for about a month and have had no problems so far.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.