Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
22 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 11, 2016
The luggage just seems cheap. I just opened it and there were strings hanging and it was beginning to shred/tear already. The zippers get stuck but do go. All and all- its okay. Cheap luggage. Not sure if I would say this is quality Samsonite luggage but hopefully it survives the abuse from the airport! The larger suitcase is light weight and I was able to pack quite a bit!
on October 1, 2013
Purchased this Samsonite 5 pc luggage set about a year ago, and the big 26" case handle puller was broken already. I only use the 26" case for international travel and it only went through 3 trips. The puller was pulled out and it wouldn't go in. I later found out that a small plastic piece inside the handle was broken. The material used in the puller mechanism doesn't have the proper strength and the build is really cheap. I expect to see puller of that 22" case broken very soon, as they are built exactly same. Very poor quality!
on April 28, 2013
After 3 uses of the 22', the handle broke. It not even good quality; it is poor. Even though there is warranty, but you still have to pay for the shipping. Would recommend spending the money on something better.
on April 21, 2013
If you are looking for lower-priced luggage at a fair price and are not expecting it to last forever (or even more than a few trips through baggage handler's hands), this set will suffice. My wife used this set on a trip to Vancouver to Shanghai to Sydney and back. The bottom stand was already twisted and cracked by the time she reached Shanghai and was broken off by the time she reached Sydney. Otherwise, except for some scuff marks on the outside, it seems to have survived.
on October 23, 2013
I chose this rating because my experience with it was ok but not awesome.

Let me start with what I liked which was the amount of stuff I could actually carry in these bags. It was very nice to travel with family and have uniformed bags that way it's easier to pick up at baggage claim (well unless someone else has the same exact bags).

I didn't like the fact that piece 4 did not have wheels. It would have been nice to have wheels so I could have attached piece 3 to it for a shorter trip. Instead I had to carry both bags and my hand bag which was very inconvenient and stressful while going through airport forms and so on.

The quality of the bags are also just ok. I received one bag with a spoiled zip and during my travels I found that the zippers were too fragile and the bag itself had a few thread thrills which got cut in something at a counter that caused the threading to rip.
on November 5, 2015
Due to shipping issues this order had to be made 3 times before it ever arrived and when it did I sent it right back. We were looking for an inexpensive luggage set for my daughter for an upcoming trip, the zippers and seams weren't finished being sewed on this. You would think Samsonite would be a better product, but I've had Wal-mart offbrands that looked better quality than this.
on July 11, 2014
Picked this set up for a great low price (sub $100) on a one day sale and I'm very pleased with them so far.

I wouldn't call this a "top of the line" set from Samsonite. I consider this set a slight step or two above your typical "entry level" no-name luggage you might pickup for $50-$75 at JCP or Sears. If I had to do it over again I would definitely purchase this set again if a similar deal was offered. Set does include a 10yr warranty should a problem arise which, I feel, is pretty nice for a set in this price range.

Like others, I was a bit disappointed with the size of the large bag but, again, for the price paid it's still a good deal. I would compare the large bag in this set with the middle sized case that might be included in a little nicer/pricier set.
on September 12, 2013
I am not happy with this purchase. The second luggage handle was stuck. My trip to Alaska become so not convenient.
Called Samsonite, they asked me to bring it back to the store ( which I have to drive about 1.5 hours roundtrip ).
They fix it, it takes about two weeks and send back to me. I haven't try to use it.
I would give 4 start if they just refund me the money. Not to happy with the luggage quality for this model.
on September 12, 2015
I guess you cannot complain too much about this luggage because the price was right. However, you can tell that it is a lower quality product and you can tell it will not last a long time. I would also suggest that there are too many pieces and say you probably do not need a med and small gym type bag. The luggage did however serve its purpose and while it is smaller than I expected it did hold a weeks worth of clothes. After one use though the handle is difficult to pull in and out so I do not have high hopes that it will last a long time. I was able to secure the smaller to the largest bag and roll it around the airport with only minor difficulty.

All in all for the price this is hard to beat, but do not expect this to last forever.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.