Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,036 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,130 reviews
on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2015
Rolling luggage handles broke down the first day. I ended up pulling and pushing them around in the middle of an international airport. I think the mechanism is too weak for the size of these luggages. Others are sturdy and useful but overall I am very disappointed.
review image review image review image
on April 1, 2017
Just received this item seems like very well built ,but that's what you would expect from Samson items can't wait to try them on our cruise
Has a pocket for name tag came with lock and key has expandable top with zipper ,they nest which is a great feature for storage great pockets
In front for laptop or tablet ,note book ,paper work etc. Has zippered cover where handle is stowed,can be carried vertically or horizontal with too
Different handles and has protective pads on back and side for setting on ground ,strapping for tying down other bags that come in the set.
on July 21, 2016
Needed some inexpensive luggage for cruising. You get what you pay for. Color is great. The sizes are nice. However, the actual luggage itself is not holding up very well, even after just 1 use! The larger pieces of luggage which are handled more ruggedly than those we carried on the boat, are not holding up very well. The largest piece already has some significant wear around the zipper and a tear in the back of the suitcase after just 1 use! The next size down the zipper broke on the front pocket. We did NOT overfill or over stuff the luggage for the trip. We also carried a garment bag and packed lightly for the 7 day cruise.
on December 5, 2015
I received the luggage just in time for my trip home for the holidays. So I had no time to return this set or I would have. When I removed the bags from the packaging screws immediately begin to fall out. Unaware of where the screws came from I packed and prepared for my trip.When it was time to leave I pulled the handles up and it was clear where the screws had come from. The handles are the worst that I have ever seen. They are extremely cheap and made my travel difficult as I found myself having to carry the bags as opposed to pulling them. I tried inserting the screw back once I made it to my destination but that was a waste of time because they would actually screw into the holes. This was a terrible experience and my first time using the luggage and wouldn't recommend wasting your money.
on March 26, 2016
Low quality Samsonite products. I have used the bags sporadically (once every year) and they broke after 3 uses... The handle and the zip fell apart on the 22" carry on in less than 3 uses and the strap came off on the duffel bag. Feels cheaply made, is cheaply made. However, you get what you pay for - two stars blended due to value for money but don't expect this to last as long as your grandma's samsonite.
on December 17, 2015
I love Samsonite, the quality seems fine, but the wheels aren't 360 spinners...my fault, I should have been more vigilant in my research. My big issue is that I didn't see anywhere which I find disturbing. When we got the luggage home, after a looonnngg UPS delay, we found these tags, that said that California considers the material used to be dangerous, so much so that Samsonite is forced to warn their consumers.
Wish this info was mentioned before the purchase. Not sure if the hard case set is better but I will definitely be researching.

Again the quality seems fine, just not looking forward to a road trip with the set.
review image
on August 13, 2015
Samsonite 5 Piece Nested Luggage Set, Black I bought this luggage for a business trip mainly due to how many luggage pieces I got for the price. I LOVE this luggage set. I looked for quite some time to price match luggage from Amazon and other stores. This luggage set price can not be beaten and the best part is that the quality is NOT sacrificed by the lower cost. I had 4 layovers during my trip and the luggage withstood all of the transfers perfectly. The only thing I would recommend is to buy a lock for the bags because the locks that come with the luggage are not great but that has been my experience with all luggage. Other than the lock issue, I highly recommend this luggage and plan on buying another set for my boyfriend. Hurry and catch this great deal because I can honestly state that the price and durability are amazing. Other luggage I priced were twice as much as this luggage.
on February 17, 2015
My wife and I bought these for an international trip. When we collected our bags from baggage claim, we found that a zipper had been ripped off of the smaller wheeled bag. This could have been due to poor luggage quality or a rough airline employee. On our second trip, the wheels and bottom stand of the larger wheeled bag broke so that the bag no longer rolls properly and won't stand upright unless it's leaning against something. This also happened while the bag was checked. Aside from these issues, the duffels have a strap in the back that allows the user to stack them onto the wheeled bags (a feature I was particularly glad to have). However, the bags will not stay in place and always swing around so they're hanging under the wheeled bag. All in all, this set does its job of getting things from point A to point B, but (at least in my case) it does not seem to be sturdy enough for routine travel.
on July 3, 2013
So much for the Gorilla tough Samsonite of years gone by. On our second trip the zippers on the large suit case ripped lose at the stitching - The contents scattered on the baggage belt for all to see. We took the item to a repair shop because we need it fixed in a hurry. The cost $40.00 for the repair. We don't over stuff our bags - and were very proud to finally own a set of Samsonite luggage. This product caused us embarrassment and money - in the middle of a trip.

Did we contact the vendor - no we did not - they can't change what was done - I might go back to the vendor. I won't go back to Samsonite.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.