Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
154 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 26, 2016
Low quality Samsonite products. I have used the bags sporadically (once every year) and they broke after 3 uses... The handle and the zip fell apart on the 22" carry on in less than 3 uses and the strap came off on the duffel bag. Feels cheaply made, is cheaply made. However, you get what you pay for - two stars blended due to value for money but don't expect this to last as long as your grandma's samsonite.
9 people found this helpful
on November 4, 2017
It has been six months and they have gone on several flights and held up well. However, the smaller of the two wheeled cases will not fit in the overhead bins on commuter planes. It fits nicely though in the regular Delta overhead bins. So far for the benefits of carry-on when they take it at the gate. So, I now use the zippered duffel for a carry-on. This is not the fault of Samsonite so i do not hold it against them. The wheeled ones have several outside zippered compartments that I wish were inside the case for obvious security reasons.
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I ordered this set for a trip to the Philippines last year. While Samsonite makes good quality products, I found that the check-luggage was too small. The casing for the luggage seemed heavier than it should have been. Also, the wheels only move forward and backward, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're managing all kinds of bags, it helps to have the option to move your bag whichever way you want, especially to prevent it from tipping over to the side when there's another duffle stacked on top.
2 people found this helpful
on November 5, 2015
Due to shipping issues this order had to be made 3 times before it ever arrived and when it did I sent it right back. We were looking for an inexpensive luggage set for my daughter for an upcoming trip, the zippers and seams weren't finished being sewed on this. You would think Samsonite would be a better product, but I've had Wal-mart offbrands that looked better quality than this.
6 people found this helpful
on July 21, 2017
These have held up so well! I travel very frequently for work and use the big and small suitcases all the time, as well as the smaller toiletries bag. I was very excited to get a Samsonite set for such a great price, but was still nervous about them not holding up because of how often I travel. However, being thrown around through airport security and on and off planes so many times, there isn't a single snag, scratch, no sign of wear on these suitcases - I'm obsessed!! These bags are incredibly great quality - I'm planning on buying another set to give to my sister as a gift.
2 people found this helpful
on December 3, 2016
I don't think I would recommend these to anyone. The two largest of the bags came apart after our first trip. The frame bent on the smallest and the plastic supports for the larger one broke. Considering what they are designed for, they don't seem capable of taking much of a beating.
6 people found this helpful
on July 5, 2015
These are great bags for the money and we have traveled abroad with them 6-8 times over 8-9 years and maybe 5-6 trips in the States by car or plane a year and never an issue. I highly recommend them, durable, show no dirt from airplanes and baggage handlers. I did a more detailed review of this luggage previously on the first set we purchased you can find it on my profile, they are identical so I’m not sure why they asked for the second review? My wife and I will without question purchase more sets for our kids when they are big enough we can’t pack their stuff in ours. The only thing I recommend is marking the bags with colored tape of fabric pom poms as there are a lot of black bags on an airport carousel. Only other thing I can say is if you travel for a living buy a professional grade luggage set, this luggage being reviewed is for people who go on 6 or 8 trips a year. As a professional traveler you owe yourself something top of the line if it’s gonna be your home away from home and something you use daily.
on August 30, 2013
After shopping around in department stores for luggage, I decided to go ahead and purchase this set for our honeymoon. When I received them they looked great! but after packing I could see the zippers coming apart. (Cheap zip) We caught4 flights in total. On the way back, I noticed the frame of the large suitcase it's already bent and the zipper coming apart on the carry on also! This is absolutely unacceptable. I hate to say this but I'm not sure if this is an original Samsonite Product. The material looks and feels a lot different from at the stores and the ones I've had in the past.
7 people found this helpful
on April 15, 2014
My purple luggage arrived earlier than anticipated and in wonderful condition. All 5 pieces; a super buy for a relatively ideal price. I had always been a fan of Samsonite and Ricardo. My large purple Ricardo got ruined by an airline that refused to pay or replace stating that the wheel being punched in is not their responsibility. After shopping Ricardo and Samsonite online and not being able to find the color purple I wanted, I went on Amazon and saw this purple set and it has been a wonderful addition. I like the fact that it is purple, first and foremost. It also has convenient zip pockets and a separate shoe zippered shoe bag on the inside. I like the cosmetic bag as well. I probably won't use the duffle bag but if I never need it, I have it.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.