Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
22 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 23, 2013
I chose this rating because my experience with it was ok but not awesome.

Let me start with what I liked which was the amount of stuff I could actually carry in these bags. It was very nice to travel with family and have uniformed bags that way it's easier to pick up at baggage claim (well unless someone else has the same exact bags).

I didn't like the fact that piece 4 did not have wheels. It would have been nice to have wheels so I could have attached piece 3 to it for a shorter trip. Instead I had to carry both bags and my hand bag which was very inconvenient and stressful while going through airport forms and so on.

The quality of the bags are also just ok. I received one bag with a spoiled zip and during my travels I found that the zippers were too fragile and the bag itself had a few thread thrills which got cut in something at a counter that caused the threading to rip.
on July 11, 2014
Picked this set up for a great low price (sub $100) on a one day sale and I'm very pleased with them so far.

I wouldn't call this a "top of the line" set from Samsonite. I consider this set a slight step or two above your typical "entry level" no-name luggage you might pickup for $50-$75 at JCP or Sears. If I had to do it over again I would definitely purchase this set again if a similar deal was offered. Set does include a 10yr warranty should a problem arise which, I feel, is pretty nice for a set in this price range.

Like others, I was a bit disappointed with the size of the large bag but, again, for the price paid it's still a good deal. I would compare the large bag in this set with the middle sized case that might be included in a little nicer/pricier set.
on January 6, 2018
Cheap, did not withstand my trip from CA to HI that well but it was what I paid for. Rips off at the pressure points easily. Just don't expect high performance from cheaply made material.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 12, 2013
I am not happy with this purchase. The second luggage handle was stuck. My trip to Alaska become so not convenient.
Called Samsonite, they asked me to bring it back to the store ( which I have to drive about 1.5 hours roundtrip ).
They fix it, it takes about two weeks and send back to me. I haven't try to use it.
I would give 4 start if they just refund me the money. Not to happy with the luggage quality for this model.
on September 12, 2015
I guess you cannot complain too much about this luggage because the price was right. However, you can tell that it is a lower quality product and you can tell it will not last a long time. I would also suggest that there are too many pieces and say you probably do not need a med and small gym type bag. The luggage did however serve its purpose and while it is smaller than I expected it did hold a weeks worth of clothes. After one use though the handle is difficult to pull in and out so I do not have high hopes that it will last a long time. I was able to secure the smaller to the largest bag and roll it around the airport with only minor difficulty.

All in all for the price this is hard to beat, but do not expect this to last forever.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 14, 2016
The bags were of the quality i expected them to be for the price i paid. I generally use them for international trips and so far it has been through over 8 transfers and has stayed strong through them.

The quality is not the best, but its sturdy enough to carry 50 Lbs and loop in another 15 Lb. bag on top.
on November 15, 2015
Handles broke on both of my roller suitcases. The plastic piece that is depressed to lower the handle broke on both of them. I could not lower the handles anymore so I had to take the handles apart so I can lower them (but I could no longer use the handles).

I used them maybe 3-5 times each. I don't think that's good durability.
on April 15, 2014
My purple luggage arrived earlier than anticipated and in wonderful condition. All 5 pieces; a super buy for a relatively ideal price. I had always been a fan of Samsonite and Ricardo. My large purple Ricardo got ruined by an airline that refused to pay or replace stating that the wheel being punched in is not their responsibility. After shopping Ricardo and Samsonite online and not being able to find the color purple I wanted, I went on Amazon and saw this purple set and it has been a wonderful addition. I like the fact that it is purple, first and foremost. It also has convenient zip pockets and a separate shoe zippered shoe bag on the inside. I like the cosmetic bag as well. I probably won't use the duffle bag but if I never need it, I have it.
on January 1, 2013
I needed a new set of luggage as the support legs fell off my old set. Many other sites were selling this same set at double the price than on Amazon. From past experience with Amazon, I did not hesitate. I am very pleased with the Samsonite set and would highly recomend this luggage as it seems to be high quality and a very low price. Hey, it's from Amazon so you cannot go wrong!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.