Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis bourne Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 967 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on November 29, 2008
I've had this set for almost 3 years and have traveled on average once a month with the two rolling bags and smallest bag. The black does get dirty but is not hard to clean. We're not too hard on our Luggage, and mostly travel by car, but our set shows very little wear to date. The quality is good though I know that you can spend more money and get awesome quality. I would buy this set again.
11 comment| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2007
I guess I relied too much on the Samsonite name. I do now find the quality of this set to worth the price. The fit and finish are poor and the zippers do not work smoothly. I would NOT purchase this item again.
11 comment| 332 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2011
I ordered this on November 12th, used it for the first time today, and the handle broke on my way to the airport!!! I'm a college student so I thought this will be a good investment for my constant travels, but I guess I was wrong. Extremely disappointed in Samsonite for this. If you value your money, please don't buy it. If I could rate it a 0, I would.
0Comment| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2012
We bought this luggage for a two week vacation to Florida that involved ALOT of packing and driving and moving about (4 cities total). Being a well recognized name in luggage, I was still surprised when it arrived and I was able to feel the strength and durability of the cases. The large one expands the additional 2" which turned out to be VERY handy. Even though we didn't bring the whole set with (leaving the larger bathroom case due to luggage costs of the evil airlines!) we still had MORE than enough room to pack for two weeks for two people and still have enough extra space to pack in additional junk we bought for people along the trip. I did see some of the other reviews about the zipper and handle being cheap or breaking. We weren't exactly easy on our luggage and did not have this issue, however I did notice that the handle seemed a bit flimsy when fully extended, but everything held up great!

Pro's:
Travel tote can double as a large bathroom bag and fits enough for two or more people easily.
The larger 26" rolling case is expandable by another 2", handy when you buy too many knick-knacks!
Strong bottom handles makes lifting into the car trunk a snap.
The adjustable locking handles on the 22 & 26" rolling cases have two height settings, good for people of different heights to easily pull along.
Add-on straps on the tops of the rolling bags allow you to put more luggage on wheels for easier walking with all your luggage.

Cons:
The add-on straps on the 22 and 26" roller suitcases are positioned a bit too far back, causing them to easily shift weight and flop over while walking if your not careful. (This could be how some other people managed to break theirs on their first use?)
The shoulder strap on the duffel was quite flimsy and not padded, causing it to be uncomfortable on your shoulder when fully packed.

So one year later and now the handles on BOTH of the suitcases have broken! One broke in the extended position (while at the airport no less!) and the other one wont extend at all anymore, effectively reducing their transportability to almost nil... Let me tell you that having to drag your suitcase by the strap while walking in a half bent position when returning from an exhausting trip is NOT FUN! It's even worse when the smaller suitcase decides to crap out while your dealing with the large one. The suitcases worked excellent while they did work. I even took the liner out of the inside to see if I could fix it and the entire handle assembly had cracked on the larger one. The smaller suitcase handle assembly is jammed in a half extended position with the little pop-up buttons that lock it into place no longer retracting when you push the handle button thing in to raise/lower the handle.

Essentially, these two issues have rendered both suitcases completely useless and we will now have to replace them. Very sad since they were so great when they had worked in the beginning. Because of this, I have changed my rating from 4 stars to 2. If you don't mind replacing your luggage every 1-2 years, it's a great deal... but if your looking for something to last awhile, look somewhere else.
11 comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2015
Rolling luggage handles broke down the first day. I ended up pulling and pushing them around in the middle of an international airport. I think the mechanism is too weak for the size of these luggages. Others are sturdy and useful but overall I am very disappointed.
review image review image review image
on October 20, 2011
I read all the reviews just like everyone else and just couldn't decide. I had a 20% off clothing coupon code (and this set was included) so I pulled the trigger. The set came and was about as expected and described just as everyone else said. My first reaction; the biggest bag was a little small. It was smaller than the one I got rid of by a few inches. So this is may not be a real big, long trip luggage set but it worked just fine for our 7 day cruise for 1 of us. It is quality and has a lot of pockets and roomy, just not as big as I would have liked. The second biggest piece is actually a carry on size. And it is a very nice carry-on. Then there is the big duffle and smaller duffle and the toiletry, all nice. Don't get too happy about containing 5 pieces, as 3 of them are just bags but they are still nice to have.

My major complaint is the CHEAP handle. It feels like foil and is very flimsy. This set would have received 5 stars if it wasn't for the cheap handle. I would not even use it for fear of breaking. I just can't understand that when they made this and put the samsonite name on it, someone thought this handle was the same quality as the rest of the luggage.

I just wish this set had a 28" or bigger, then 26" and 22" and so on. If that was the case, this set would be perfect for 2 people. Overall, very nice, lots of luggage for the price (just under $100), and shipped 2 day prime free. Looking at other luggage on other sites, just 1 piece was $60-70 plus tax and shipping

To sum it up, if you can get this for a good price and can deal with the handle issue, then jump on this set.
on September 9, 2013
The suitcases are basically 1 big, one carry on, 2 duffels, and a tiny thing to store make up or toiletteries. The quality seemed too cheap for Samsonite, so I returned it.
on August 20, 2012
The handle on the large suitcase broke on the very first use. The suitcase was packed to total weight of just under 50lb. The extensions twisted from normal use. I had to practically pound the handle in, to close it, and so I would not be charged for oversize luggage. On pickup I was forced to basically lug around the suitcase by the small side handle.

I can't stress this enough, do not buy into the samsonite name like I did. Avoid this set, and grab something cheaper. My last suitcase lasted me through five trips, it was a cheap no name brand I picked up at a local store.

Also the Carry on size suitcase is a little over the standard size... depending on the airline, you could find yourself forced to check it.

The other smaller bags are nice, but frankly useless.
on March 5, 2010
We thought we could trust the Samsonite brand but it failed us. We went on a trip one week after we recieved the luggage. When we got to the baggage claim we discovered the bottom handle on the suite case had broken. When we called the number on the paperwork that came witht he luggage we were given a Samsonite dealer's phone number that is 40 min. away from where we live to have it reviewed to find out if it will be covered under warrenty. It will be interesting to see what they have to say.
on December 17, 2015
I love Samsonite, the quality seems fine, but the wheels aren't 360 spinners...my fault, I should have been more vigilant in my research. My big issue is that I didn't see anywhere which I find disturbing. When we got the luggage home, after a looonnngg UPS delay, we found these tags, that said that California considers the material used to be dangerous, so much so that Samsonite is forced to warn their consumers.
Wish this info was mentioned before the purchase. Not sure if the hard case set is better but I will definitely be researching.

Again the quality seems fine, just not looking forward to a road trip with the set.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.