Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,057 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,151 reviews
on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
22 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2016
Low quality Samsonite products. I have used the bags sporadically (once every year) and they broke after 3 uses... The handle and the zip fell apart on the 22" carry on in less than 3 uses and the strap came off on the duffel bag. Feels cheaply made, is cheaply made. However, you get what you pay for - two stars blended due to value for money but don't expect this to last as long as your grandma's samsonite.
on December 17, 2015
I love Samsonite, the quality seems fine, but the wheels aren't 360 spinners...my fault, I should have been more vigilant in my research. My big issue is that I didn't see anywhere which I find disturbing. When we got the luggage home, after a looonnngg UPS delay, we found these tags, that said that California considers the material used to be dangerous, so much so that Samsonite is forced to warn their consumers.
Wish this info was mentioned before the purchase. Not sure if the hard case set is better but I will definitely be researching.

Again the quality seems fine, just not looking forward to a road trip with the set.
review image
on June 3, 2013
After looking for a nice luggage set for quite some time I saw this one. I was a little nervous about ordering it based upon some of the reviews about broken zippers and wheels, but decided to take the plunge. Glad I did. Set is very attractive and contains a nice assortment of types and sizes of bags. Took it on a recent family location and experienced no problems. We did not fly, so bags were not subject to rough airline handling, but, in looking them over, they seem sturdy enough to me and I see no reason that they should experience any problems unless abused by over stuffing or bouncing them over curbs and things. Very happy with this purchase.
on June 9, 2015
These suitcases are well worth the price! They save a lot of space since they fold into each other.
They are pretty sturdy since i like to pack as much stuff as i can fit because of my indecisiveness for what to take with me.
I have had these suitcases for almost 3 years and they are holding up well.
The cons of the suitcase is that there are a lot of lighter ones available now and the suitcase itself weighs quite a bit.
The suitcase also does not swivel like the newer suitcases do making harder to get around the airport as fast. If you are looking for cheap but durable suitcases these are for you.
on July 21, 2017
These have held up so well! I travel very frequently for work and use the big and small suitcases all the time, as well as the smaller toiletries bag. I was very excited to get a Samsonite set for such a great price, but was still nervous about them not holding up because of how often I travel. However, being thrown around through airport security and on and off planes so many times, there isn't a single snag, scratch, no sign of wear on these suitcases - I'm obsessed!! These bags are incredibly great quality - I'm planning on buying another set to give to my sister as a gift.
on August 11, 2016
The luggage just seems cheap. I just opened it and there were strings hanging and it was beginning to shred/tear already. The zippers get stuck but do go. All and all- its okay. Cheap luggage. Not sure if I would say this is quality Samsonite luggage but hopefully it survives the abuse from the airport! The larger suitcase is light weight and I was able to pack quite a bit!
on October 25, 2012
For my college graduation many many years ago, I received a set of Samsonite luggage. It lasted me more than 20 years. But times have definitely changed. Despite the negative reviews here, I purchased this set and received it today.
PRO: the only good thing about this is the price.
CON: 1) I ordered the 'sapphire' blue set, but the color is not at all what is pictured. The set I received, while stating that it is sapphire, is definitely a dark dark navy blue.
2) Now the important items: the construction is CHEAP, the zippers are CHEAP. I cannot comment on the fabric since it is right out of the box, but I seriously doubt that this set would last a year, let alone 20.
3) the smell is horrible. Comes complete with the nice California Prop 65 warning of formaldehyde (carcinogen) present.
I would not recommend this set to anyone. I am returning this today. I would rather use the money toward one sturdy piece of luggage than this set of five that appear anything but sturdy.
on October 1, 2013
Purchased this Samsonite 5 pc luggage set about a year ago, and the big 26" case handle puller was broken already. I only use the 26" case for international travel and it only went through 3 trips. The puller was pulled out and it wouldn't go in. I later found out that a small plastic piece inside the handle was broken. The material used in the puller mechanism doesn't have the proper strength and the build is really cheap. I expect to see puller of that 22" case broken very soon, as they are built exactly same. Very poor quality!
on March 4, 2014
I read hundreds of reviews on luggage, samsonite is one of the top brands in the U.S. for luggage, several people had some trouble with this set of luggage, but others loved it, so I gave it a try, made it to california after several delays and layovers and other crap that made us take 6 different planes there and back, and my luggage had very few smudges on it and nothing was broken. I would definitely tell you if you looking for a great product for a hell of a price, get this!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.