Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
22 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 20, 2013
This luggage seemed to have very durable fabric. Also, I love the sizes and how many pieces you get for the price. The two larger ones are roomy and I love the two front pockets for "extra" stuff. I'm sure we'll use the duffle bag and carry-on for future trips. The smallest bag is a good "personal things" bag. I just really wish it hadn't broke the first time we used it! The one problem we had: On my sons trip to France, and the first time using the luggage, the handle on the larges piece broke. This was on the first leg of the trip! The handle wouldn't go down anymore! It wasn't too heavy either; only about 30 pounds so it wasn't like we were carrying bricks in it or something. When he got home, my husband took a look at it and the plastic mechanism inside the handle had snapped in two. We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do with it: try to fix it or send it back. Both are a hassle so we'll see. Other than that, I really liked the luggage.
on August 1, 2014
We purchased two sets - one in red and one in blue for a trip to replace a much older Samsonite set that had been badly damaged after a flight back from Europe. We were really happy with the first set and figured it was a good brand. The handle on one of the medium suitcase jammed even before we left the house, the second handle jammed at the airport just after we got out of security. It was extremely inconvenient to drag our bag across the airport without the handles. I might be more understanding if we were yanking hard or slamming them around, but they didn't even stand up to light handling. We called Samsonite to have it replaced under warranty and were told that we would have to either drop it off (the nearest store is 5 hrs away) or pay to have it shipped. Which was a huge hassle.
The duffle bags have all seen a lot of use and been great and are sturdy. They have held up to multiple business trips and Cub Scout and Girl Scout camps undamaged. Overall, I like the bags but the plastic handle mechanism is cheap and flimsy enough so that I wish I would have purchased a different set.
on April 13, 2014
My husband gave me this for a gift - and I was so pleased. I used to think some of the smaller pieces were not needed - and they may not be for air travel, but for a road trip - this can not be beat. They are sturdy and full of compartments - the wheels roll easily along side you instead of behind, AND THEY ARE RED! good value for the price.
on April 13, 2013
Just got this this week and had our first trip this weekend. So far so good! I was skeptical because of the price, but the quality is good. The one bag is very square and at first I wasn't sure, but it is really good for shoes etc. I would definitely recommend this set. Only reason 4 stars because the zippers have gotten stuck a little bit but none broken. Also haven't airport tested yet. Will do that in June!
on February 8, 2015
You get what you pay for. Cheap disposal luggage. Looks great, good size, but the handles that extend out have square tubes and made cheaply, so very easily bent with airline use and gets stuck so is no longer useable. The zipper pulls break off with airline use as well. I would rather pay a little more if I could use this for more than 4 trips at a time.
on December 8, 2015
Wonderful! If you really want to take a good look at this piece Google the name of this product. A video from Samsonite should come up. After watching the video and then receiving my product, I know the video to be a good representation of this set.
on June 20, 2015
well constructed...stands up to most travel issues except for aggressive custom agents. The handle has a hidden zip panel to protect it when not in use. Perfect size for international travel. Highly recommend these bags.
on October 15, 2014
Just exactly what I wanted. I had used black for so long and just got tired of standing in line at the airport waiting for another black one to fall and even sometimes letting it roll through again. Seems everyone uses black. Now we can see ours coming a mile off. So pleased with the color.
on March 28, 2017
You get what you pay for. On its first trip the airline crushed the large suitcase. They exchanged bags with a nicer one so it turned out ok.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.