Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,013 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,108 reviews
on November 29, 2008
I've had this set for almost 3 years and have traveled on average once a month with the two rolling bags and smallest bag. The black does get dirty but is not hard to clean. We're not too hard on our Luggage, and mostly travel by car, but our set shows very little wear to date. The quality is good though I know that you can spend more money and get awesome quality. I would buy this set again.
11 comment| 288 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2007
I guess I relied too much on the Samsonite name. I do now find the quality of this set to worth the price. The fit and finish are poor and the zippers do not work smoothly. I would NOT purchase this item again.
11 comment| 337 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2016
I waited 4 years to write this review so I could provide an accurate life expectancy of the product. I travel 1 week a month, both domestically and internationally. Both the 22" and 26" rollers survived 4 years of regular abuse.

22"
In my experience, the 22" gets beat up a lot when checked, which is expected. The supporting frame gets bent easily, as well as the housing for the telescoping handle bars. I had to bend both back in shape regularly and always had issues using the telescoping handle after this, but was able to keep it ticking for 4 years.

26"
The top pouch zipper on the 26" broke after 3 years. Had some telescoping handle issues as well that I was able to fix with a screw driver and some innovation. After 4 years, the plastic trigger in the telescoping handle finally gave so I had to get new luggage.

All in all, I was completely happy with the amount of space and longevity this luggage had. Any product that can survive 4 years of luggage rodeos during travel is good by me. Aside from the telescoping handle issues, this luggage held up very well for 4 years of abuse. I still use the hand bags for road trips and storage. Not a bad investment since I purchased the set for $111 and they lasted 4 years. Can't hope for better than that from regular use and abuse.
on October 6, 2015
Rolling luggage handles broke down the first day. I ended up pulling and pushing them around in the middle of an international airport. I think the mechanism is too weak for the size of these luggages. Others are sturdy and useful but overall I am very disappointed.
review image review image review image
on January 9, 2012
We bought this luggage for a two week vacation to Florida that involved ALOT of packing and driving and moving about (4 cities total). Being a well recognized name in luggage, I was still surprised when it arrived and I was able to feel the strength and durability of the cases. The large one expands the additional 2" which turned out to be VERY handy. Even though we didn't bring the whole set with (leaving the larger bathroom case due to luggage costs of the evil airlines!) we still had MORE than enough room to pack for two weeks for two people and still have enough extra space to pack in additional junk we bought for people along the trip. I did see some of the other reviews about the zipper and handle being cheap or breaking. We weren't exactly easy on our luggage and did not have this issue, however I did notice that the handle seemed a bit flimsy when fully extended, but everything held up great!

Pro's:
Travel tote can double as a large bathroom bag and fits enough for two or more people easily.
The larger 26" rolling case is expandable by another 2", handy when you buy too many knick-knacks!
Strong bottom handles makes lifting into the car trunk a snap.
The adjustable locking handles on the 22 & 26" rolling cases have two height settings, good for people of different heights to easily pull along.
Add-on straps on the tops of the rolling bags allow you to put more luggage on wheels for easier walking with all your luggage.

Cons:
The add-on straps on the 22 and 26" roller suitcases are positioned a bit too far back, causing them to easily shift weight and flop over while walking if your not careful. (This could be how some other people managed to break theirs on their first use?)
The shoulder strap on the duffel was quite flimsy and not padded, causing it to be uncomfortable on your shoulder when fully packed.

So one year later and now the handles on BOTH of the suitcases have broken! One broke in the extended position (while at the airport no less!) and the other one wont extend at all anymore, effectively reducing their transportability to almost nil... Let me tell you that having to drag your suitcase by the strap while walking in a half bent position when returning from an exhausting trip is NOT FUN! It's even worse when the smaller suitcase decides to crap out while your dealing with the large one. The suitcases worked excellent while they did work. I even took the liner out of the inside to see if I could fix it and the entire handle assembly had cracked on the larger one. The smaller suitcase handle assembly is jammed in a half extended position with the little pop-up buttons that lock it into place no longer retracting when you push the handle button thing in to raise/lower the handle.

Essentially, these two issues have rendered both suitcases completely useless and we will now have to replace them. Very sad since they were so great when they had worked in the beginning. Because of this, I have changed my rating from 4 stars to 2. If you don't mind replacing your luggage every 1-2 years, it's a great deal... but if your looking for something to last awhile, look somewhere else.
11 comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2011
I read all the reviews just like everyone else and just couldn't decide. I had a 20% off clothing coupon code (and this set was included) so I pulled the trigger. The set came and was about as expected and described just as everyone else said. My first reaction; the biggest bag was a little small. It was smaller than the one I got rid of by a few inches. So this is may not be a real big, long trip luggage set but it worked just fine for our 7 day cruise for 1 of us. It is quality and has a lot of pockets and roomy, just not as big as I would have liked. The second biggest piece is actually a carry on size. And it is a very nice carry-on. Then there is the big duffle and smaller duffle and the toiletry, all nice. Don't get too happy about containing 5 pieces, as 3 of them are just bags but they are still nice to have.

My major complaint is the CHEAP handle. It feels like foil and is very flimsy. This set would have received 5 stars if it wasn't for the cheap handle. I would not even use it for fear of breaking. I just can't understand that when they made this and put the samsonite name on it, someone thought this handle was the same quality as the rest of the luggage.

I just wish this set had a 28" or bigger, then 26" and 22" and so on. If that was the case, this set would be perfect for 2 people. Overall, very nice, lots of luggage for the price (just under $100), and shipped 2 day prime free. Looking at other luggage on other sites, just 1 piece was $60-70 plus tax and shipping

To sum it up, if you can get this for a good price and can deal with the handle issue, then jump on this set.
on September 15, 2014
I really do like this set of luggage with one caveat--the largest suitcase is just a wee bit too small. I just took a trip to Israel and resolved that I was not going to pay $100 extra to take two pieces of luggage. I had to purchase another red suitcase that was larger and could hold all that I needed for a 12 day trip. The largest suitcase in this set would not have done that and I absolutely needed to travel light. But the good news is that the other pieces are amply sized, especially the rolling carry-on luggage which I did use this trip. These suitcases are very sturdy, smart-looking and stand up very well to the rough handling they get in an airport. Te carry-on is large enough to take enough things with you on an overnight trip, as I did during my stay in Israel. All the outside pockets are well-sized also and carry a good amount of things in them. I also like the interlocking strap system that the largest piece and the carry-on have which makes it so much easier to pull both pieces at the same time. Truly, the only reason I didn't give this set five stars is because of the size of the largest bag.
on June 18, 2014
I bought this 28 months ago. It has a 120 month [10 year] warranty supposedly. Last week when going to the airport with the larger bag, the handle would not fold down and stow. Nor would it pull up. It was locked in place. So I traveled with it that way.

When I got home again I took it to an authorized Samsonite repair center as there is one near me. They told me it was NOT UNDER WARRANTY because it had a tiny 'ding' in the handle mechanism that could only be found by looking inside with the lining unzipped. They called it damage by the airline, said that such damage is not covered, and said that even though the handle had worked fine before I headed off on the trip and only failed as I was putting my bag into my car. I LOOKED AND THEY ARE RIGHT, IF IT WAS DAMAGE CAUSED BY TRANSPORTATION THEN THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER IT.

SO BEWARE THIS BAD WARRANTY. THIS WARRANTY SAYS, IN EFFECT "NOT COVERED IF USED AS INTENDED".
on February 17, 2015
My wife and I bought these for an international trip. When we collected our bags from baggage claim, we found that a zipper had been ripped off of the smaller wheeled bag. This could have been due to poor luggage quality or a rough airline employee. On our second trip, the wheels and bottom stand of the larger wheeled bag broke so that the bag no longer rolls properly and won't stand upright unless it's leaning against something. This also happened while the bag was checked. Aside from these issues, the duffels have a strap in the back that allows the user to stack them onto the wheeled bags (a feature I was particularly glad to have). However, the bags will not stay in place and always swing around so they're hanging under the wheeled bag. All in all, this set does its job of getting things from point A to point B, but (at least in my case) it does not seem to be sturdy enough for routine travel.
on October 24, 2012
I received these in the scheduled amount of time and properly packaged. I love the set. Its pretty sturdy. The large duffel bag does not have feet on the bottom so the bottom is subject to the dirt off of the ground. I did not like that and gave it a 1/2 point off for that. The other 1/2 of a point off is because of the zippers. The Zippers seem to be off track on the small wheelie top pocket and 1 other piece; ( I cannot tell which one right now because it is in the closet now.) I used the luggage on a 7 day cruise. It handled well. No complaints so far. I will see how the off track zippers do me. I may have to send those pieces back for repair. They come with a 10 year warranty against manufacturing defects. The zippers being off track already is clearly a defect. I am cruising again next week so I cannot return them now. So the bottom line is they are good and sturdy. I would recommend it for the price of $110 or so. Hopefully the off track zippers is stroke of bad luck.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.