|Price:||$154.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Filament polyester fabric, backed with aepe (air expanded polyethylene)
- Zipper closure
- Not applicable
- 20.5" high
- 15" wide
- Four multi-directional wheels allow 360 degree upright rolling so there is no weight on your arm
There is a newer style of this item:
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Take some of the effort out of your next trip with luggage that won't weigh you down and can survive the rigors of life on the road, introducing lightweight that lasts
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 15 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004UKD7W4
- Item model number: 43861
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 8, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1. Lightweight - It seems like airlines just keep reducing their carry-on weight limits. Hence the need for the lightest carry-on luggage possible so I can pack more stuff without exceeding the weight limit. This piece is around 7 lbs when it’s empty, so it’s not the absolute lightest luggage on the market (the International Traveler IT-O-2 is about 3 lbs lighter), but it was the lightest one that met all my other criteria.
2. Easily maneuvered - I was initially skeptical of the spinner wheels, because they looked like they would break off easily, jutting out like that. I had only ever used luggage with recessed in-line wheels before, which I thought would always be more durable. But after a year of using this luggage, the wheels are still perfectly intact and I don’t think I could go back to using non-spinner luggage. Since it spins 360 degrees, it is just so easy to get the luggage to go where you want it to go, which is crucial when you have to swiftly squeeze into a crowded rush-hour train on the way to the airport and the only floor space left for your luggage is at a really awkward angle. It’s also much easier to get this through the center aisles of airplanes since you can roll it sideways.
3. Durable - I generally trust Samsonite to make good quality luggage that doesn’t fall apart. It may not have a Tumi warranty, but this one has held up for over a year of use and looks like it could go for at least 10 more. Zippers have never caught and have always moved smoothly.Read more ›
When purchasing the item, this defect was not apparent as the suitcase was empty. So I chose this suitcase instead of another comparably priced 21" Samsonite (which my partner has and loves) that I initially planned on purchasing.
I have tried packing the suitcase w/ all of the heavy items at the bottom to no avail. It still tips over. Regardless, requiring such action on my part indicates that the suitcase design was either not tested properly (as the Samsonite warranty promises) or was not manufactured according to the tested specifications. I believe that this defect poses some danger as it may fall and injure a person (especially if the metal handle is extended).
Initially I was excited to have such a lightweight suitcase, but my excitement has transformed into utter frustration. Other reviews from Amazon indicate that I am not alone. I am requesting that Samsonite either replace the bag with one that does not fall or provide a refund.
This is my first review on Amazon. Thank you Samsonite!
UPDATE: Shortly after writing this review, I contacted Samsonite and requested that they replace the bag because of the manufacturing defect. The customer service rep responded in less than 24 hours, confirmed the defect, and offered to replace the bag with the redesigned Lift when it becomes available (She couldn't say when this would happen).Read more ›
This luggage is very light and very easy to handle. It steers with ease and generally makes travelling easier. I don't think the problems it had before are relevant anymore.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The bag is very roomy and the blue is a fantastic color but I have 2 major issues with this bag:
1. Read more
For the price, you get what you (unfortunately) expect. I've only had this for about 8 months and I'm already noticing a lot of wear and tear - rips, threads coming undone. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Hugh Barrett
Great suitcase! Very well made and would order again if needed. Bought it on sale. Very high quality product and I LOVE the color!Published 7 months ago by starr
Luggage is expensive and typically you will get what you pay for. There is no luggage out there that can handle everything 100%. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Ang
I wished they would have mentioned that the unit height is not 21" but in reality, with the wheels, it's 24 inches... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Marc Ouellet
I love this spinner. The quality is great and it's held up to this frequent flyers demands. All the wheels move fluidly as you'd expects and the expansion zipper on this this is a... Read morePublished 11 months ago by AARON P.
Much wider than expected , however reason for low rating is the zipper broke after 4 trips. Not overpackedPublished 12 months ago by cynthia stedman