- Exclusive to Amazon
- Carry-On Spinner measures 20" x 13.8" x 9.5" (excluding handle and wheels) and weighs 7.26lbs
- Larger Spinner measures 24" x 16.5" x 11" (excluding handle and wheels) and weighs 9.68 lbs
- Large format pull-handle with ergonomic design and unique texture provides ultimate scratch resistance. ABS/Polycarbonate Blend
- Flexing split-fork handle design
- Large interior panel pocket
- TSA lock on larger checked piece only
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Samsonite’s not just in the business of making luggage, we’re in the business of building confidence. Confidence that when you step off the curb, your luggage wheel isn't going to pop off. Confidence that if you put your laptop in the bag in one piece, that’s the way it will come out. Samsonite has set an industry precedence by perfecting and innovating luggage, casual bags, backpacks, travel accessories, and now electronics carriers and laptop bags. Over one hundred years of reliability, durability, style and innovative functionality have made Samsonite’s iconic products, and brand, the global leader they are today. If you are going to head out the door, do it with peace of mind. Because life has a way of coming at you fast. Be ready for anywhere.
Samsonite Lightweight 2 piece Hardside sets are perfect for travelers on any journey!
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 16 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 18.9 pounds
- ASIN: B01GTKKY8M
- Item model number: 79379-1776
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 11, 2016
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
- Includes 2 hard side cases, & they arrive packaged one zipped inside the other.
- Lightweight. Some of the lightest luggage I've seen.
- Spinner wheels- rolls easy & seem sturdy. They allow you to spin the bag 360 degrees with ease.
- Hard case outer - easy to wipe clean.
- Great warranty! 10 year ;)
- Both bags are expandable
- Includes 2 sizes. The smaller one should be allowed carry on for most airlines. Larger spinner seems large to be considered a carry on- check with your airline.
Tip: to see if the sizes will be allowed for carry on for your particular flight/ airline, I recommend doing an online search for "airline carry on luggage chart" or check with your airline before traveling. Prepare ahead because if you have to check the "larger" of the 2 in this set, the airline may charge a fee. Once again, depends on airline, their policy, & your customer status.
For the price, I think the set is nice. Samsonite is a leader in the luggage industry, & these hard cased luggage seem to be made well. The zippers work smoothly, they are easy to wheel, the wheels are the thick skate type wheels that seem to be sturdy. The handle pulls up & in one quick motion, & seems to be sturdy, although I wish it would have been slightly longer because I'm tall.
Measurements: The measurements for the ones I received were slightly different than what was posted. The small bag was accurate. The large bag that I received measured 26" tall, x 16" x 10.5". (main difference is that it's 26", not 24".)
Why I rated it the way I did:
I rated it 4 out of 5 stars (& deducted 1 star from the rating) because there were 2 features I did not like.
1) sizing- the "larger" of the 2 bags is questionable if it will be allowed to be a carry on. If it's a checked bag, it's too small. I would have liked to see 1 true carry on with the maximum amount of space a carry on could be, & a large bag that is clearly a "checked" bag that holds a good amount of stuff should I choose to check a bag.
2) I really dislike the locks on this set. I had the toughest time working them, & when I finally did get them to work, my only thought was that TSA will break these after the first trip, or will not take the extra time needed to figure these things out to relock my bags. So I would have liked to see some other lock system on the bags.
I wouldn't let either of those deter from purchasing though. The sizes are clearly listed, so while they are not My "ideal" sizes, they are still nice quality luggage. In regards to the locks, I have my own travel locks to use & will use those in place of the ones on the luggage.
Would I recommend: Yes
Good Value: Yes
Would it make a good gift? Yes
Old review that I now retract: I have never had luggage before so I am not sure what else to compare it to but I love this luggage. It is strong and rolls easily. I can actually fit everything I need into both. I plan on using this brand from now on.
I ordered a gray set and black set this year. I'll most likely buy another set or maybe two next years as well, I'm that happy with them.
Nothing happened to it save for some scarring from the "baggage handlers", and I'm happy with this purchase.