Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Waterproof Pouch
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on May 16, 2012
Test this pouch carefully before storing anything valuable in it. I purchased two of these, and tried using one: after few hours of swimming and snorkeling the cash and cards kept inside were moist. Tried again the next day with the same results. If I leave some air in the pouch and carefully close both zippers, then gently press on it, I can hear the hissing sound. Submerging the pouch under water shows exactly where the problem is: bubbles appear from the very edges, where zippers meat the seams. Add to this that other water-proof products I've used are designed to fold multiple times, but this one has got one fold only.

The other pouch of the two seems to be sealing fine (no hissing or bubbling when I test it as described above). All in all, I've got one product that works as advertised, but at double the price.
on June 6, 2013
It is a great size. I purchased this bag because I do not want to carry a purse over seas and I had heard about pick pocketing and purse snatching so I wanted something water proof that I could carry around my neck. This is the perfect size. I can fit my passport , credit cards , license and cash and best of all I can conceal it inside my shirt (loose shirt). Paranoia - maybe but I want to make sure I make it back with all my stuff!
on December 22, 2011
Keeps my phone clean and dry in wet and sandy places. Can use my Bionic phone while still sealed in the bag. Has clear front and back window view. Works great. Wish I had had it during football season. Would have prevented an expensive phone replacement. Many uses other than electronics...medicine/ID/money/. So far , no broken seams or tears in the plastic. Cord hasn't come loose either, but I suppose this could happen. I am getting one of these for everyone in my family.
on May 4, 2014
I bought this and the Lewis & Clark waterproof pouch, and this one lasted less than a season, while the other one is still going strong after two seasons. This one has two rows of seals on the top, whereas the other one has three; but I'm not sure that's why the other one lasted longer.

While this one lasted, it was good. But with any of these waterproof pouches, there's no way I'd take it anywhere without testing it before I left, and also I check them frequently while I am out.
on July 9, 2015
It fits my Samsung S5 and the price can't be beat. This exact one was selling at Macy's for 19.99 on sale for 10.00!!!!!
I used it on the 4th of July at a concert because it was raining off and on. Put it around my next and kept moving! It has just enough room to put a credit card and some cash. Kept everything dry and safe.
on July 21, 2014
What a great purchase!

I purchased two of these for our beach trip so we could put our cell phones, credit cards and room keys in them. We went in the ocean with them and then never once got water in them. My husband was hoping they wouldn't work so he could get a new cell phone. So he is disappointed. ;-)
on July 16, 2012
This pouch worked perfectly, keeping I.D., cash and room key dry during a day at the beach. My husband swam with it around his neck. Great product!
on May 22, 2014
I bought a couple different kids of water proof pouches and this was the best. Perfect size for a cell phone and some cash when your headed to the beach or amusement park. Small price to pay to keep the iphone or Galaxy from getting ruined at Six Flags.
on November 30, 2013
Looks well made I plan on giving it the real test next month in Mexico if my passport comes out of my zippered pocket in this pouch after swimming still dry, I will come back and give it another star. Most things can be easily replaced if lost or stolen, but not all.
on June 19, 2016
Is waterproof, but seams are not high quality and will break or tear with very little use.

I've owned 2 of these. At first, as long as you make sure that both zip locks are sealed, it works fine. I tested this a few times, in the sink and twice in a pool, with a paper towel. Worked great. next I put my phone in, still a little paranoid, I turned off the phone, incase water got in and checking every 10 minutes... (if the phone got wet while it's shut off, then I take out the battery, put phone and battery in bag of rice for a few days. Phone should be fine, as long as dries out compleatly, and do not turn it on just to check... )

Anyway, it worked fine then. Each time I went swimming, I tested with a paper towel. After 3-4 times swimming, it leaked. I caught just in time, just a tiny bit water... phone turned out fine, and thinking I might not of sealed it right, I dried it out, put paper towel in, made carefull it was sealed, and went swimming again. 20 minutes later , water.

It wasn't the zip locks, it was the side seam.

I would not really use these again, however in a pinch, I would if I tested it but it wasn't used yet. I'd shut of my phone anyway, and probably put my phone in zip lock baggie, then inside this bag... and if I had it, I'd put this on in a large zip lock as well... yes, I am that paranoid... but I can honestly say, as clumsy as I am, taking my phone with me to water... I never lost a phone from being wet.

My advice, go for something more sturdy, lots and lots of good reviews, and use double projection... just in case