Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 280 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 299 reviews
on August 27, 2013
I had the exact umbrella for ten years. I finally wore it out using and abusing it all winter for those ten years and letting it kick around the car floor all summer. So I got another one and love it. I love the wind guard feature. It appears to be the exact same umbrella I bought all that time ago. Definitely not a cheap one, but my wife has gone through several umbrellas in the same time and not used hers nearly as much as I have used this little baby.
on September 13, 2013
This umbrella is the bomb. It is the only actual windproof umbrella I have ever owned. It works in serious winds here in Chicago. It's a little long when folded up but, hey, it's worth it.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2013
I wanted an umbrella to use when walking my dog. I used the umbrella during a heavy rain and wind and was pleased with the performance. I liked the handle. It was easy to hold and the umbrella was easy to manage.
on November 6, 2014
I'm not sure how it happened, but after a couple of uses, one of the ribs was broken
review image
on February 9, 2014
Initially I really thought this was strong and would last well, but unfortunately I had an experience yesterday when I opened it during a brief rainstorm. I clicked the button and it popped open as expected, a gust of wind caught it and the canopy handled it well (too well) - as I was only holding the handle and the shaft was weak, the shaft just buckled. Now I have an umbrella that won't click closed because that mechanism is so twisted out of shape. Disappointed - it lasted about 30 days and probably about 5 uses. Don't expect it to be able to handle a strong wind unless you're holding on with both hands (which is pretty difficult to do at the moment you are opening it).
on September 14, 2015
I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains a lot and is windy during storms. I have had a "windproof" umbrella for years that eventually wore out and wanted a new one, but one that was more compact than my old one. This is very nice. It isn't as compact as I expected, but will still be easier to carry than the old one. It folds up to about 16 1/2 inches and will fit in my personal shopping bag when I take the bus downtown. When it pops open it is a full sized umbrella. Though I haven't used it yet, it appears to be sturdy and easy to open and close. It will be interesting to see if it is truly "windproof" like my old one.
on June 23, 2015
Solid umbrella but not male boredom proof. I got this for my girlfriend and she's been using it a lot lately due to all the Texas rains. One day though, I got bored while she was trying on cloths at the store and I was messing with it... you know, pushing the button and watching it eject, then sliding it back down (like a child). well I did it one too many times and it stopped sliding back down. Then I went further by trying to force it down. Next thing I know, I've damanged the plastic ring that keeps it from sliding off the rod and now the umbrella ejects completely like a missile when I push the button. Any good wind will remove the top from the rod now. For what it's worth, I take complete responsibility and the umbrella was very functional and solid before my time with it.
on July 2, 2014
I purchased this product solely based on the fact that I was tired of my Wal-mart umbrellas breaking every year. I did my Amazon research and decided for the price, reviews and brand that I would purchase this.

I first used the umbrella on a cruise. I looked into the weather before debarkation that we were going to have a light/medium downpour all 4 days in the Caribbean. The size was also perfect for my luggage as it lays flat and not round.

I do live in the mid-west and our weather changes by the minute. I wanted something to keep in my car for those minute changing situations. This umbrella is everything I've ever wanted. My last umbrella didn't have the windguard and was constantly flipping inside-out during heavy winds.

The color is exactly as you see. It comes with a sleeve for nice storage. it has two Velcro straps that hold even when it was soaked. The easy open feature is nice and works perfectly.

I would recommend this product weather you live in little/heavy rain areas. It also provided nice sunshade; which is an added bonus!
on May 16, 2016
Samsonite really seems to have gone down hill. It used to be known for it's quality and durability (unless I missed something). Initially I was pleased with this umbrella, it held its form in wind and has a good sized canopy. It did not hold up in 24km/hour wind (as we are having today). The umbrella inverted several times and is now broken. Perhaps my standards are too high. Not sure. I am definitely going to look for a replacement and it will not be buying samsonite in the future (we've also had bad luck with our luggage).
on October 28, 2013
I travel a lot and am very tired to have to replace cheap travel umbrellas way to often. I decided to do some research and come up with a quality travel umbrella. This is it! They were a little more expensive than I wanted, but when I got them, I couldn't believe the excellent quality. They are a little larger than my past travel umbrellas and will not fit into my travel purse or coat pocket, but it is worth having for the quality. I highly recommend these umbrellas.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.