BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Dirty Heads Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Samsonite Xenon 2 Mobile Office PFT Black
Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on March 11, 2017
Excelent ! I'm 6'3" tall and there is room for like 2 pants, 2 shirts, 1 sandal or shoe, 1 belt, 1 hygiene kit. Also for 1 laptop + a charger and 1 headset, 1 power adapter, 1 mobile power-usb phone charger. Perfect for up to 2 days trip.
on September 28, 2017
Spent 3 months this summer searching for the right bag. Far too much trial and error, returned six bags that were all larger than published. When will these luggage sellers put the overall exterior dimensions in their ads? Maybe when the manufacturers actually publish the overall dimensions accurately. Don't hold your breath. This Xenon2 style is just slightly bigger than advertised. If you need a smaller sized rolling briefcase, this is the one to go with. Should even make it under an AA seat on a 737 or A320 size aircraft. Smallest size listed for underseat by any airline was AA's limit of 18"w x14"h x8"d. Definitely easy to maneuver around in those busy airports. Higher quality than you might expect for the price....that is when bought on sale. Heaven forbid, don't get suckered into paying the retail price on these things. They would break the bank they are so bloated out of any sense of reality.
on May 17, 2013
I booked a flight recently for $97, then discovered (at check-in) that the airline charged $50 to check a bag. At the gate, were your carry-on to exceed approved dimensions, the same airline charged $100 to put the bag in the hold.

Bottom line: you have to have a bag that you can carry on and that will absolutely fit under the seat.

This Samsonite Xenon is really a miniature piece of luggage. And though it has innards to hold 8-1/2x11 paper and folders, and a very secure pocket to protect an iPad or small laptop, it's really difficult to get to those areas in a hurry or by partially unzipping the luggage.

It has three compartments: the large lower compartment for clothing, the middle compartment for "the office" that holds the computer/iPad and papers and and outer compartment that holds things like keys, glasses, wallet and smaller stuff. This last compartment is really the only spot you can get to in a hurry. The two main compartments require you to lay the bag down and unzip all the way around until you can fold the compartment open. It's caused by the amazing rigidity of the case's walls. They really hold their shape. Durable as all get out. Like I said, it's really a small piece of luggage.

I'm using it as a briefcase, and honestly, I kind of miss being able to zip open the top of a more flexible bag and jam stuff in there.

That said, it really performed admirably on my three-day trip. I was able to stuff enough essential clothing and toiletries into the lower "clothing" section and jam enough other stuff (chargers and adapters, and other misc stuff) into the middle section that the one bag was all I needed.

I guffawed at the $50 bag fee at check-in, and strode triumphantly past the $100 bag fee at the gate.

Then came the acid test: would it actually fit under the seat without a crowbar -- which are frowned upon by the TSA? As you can see by the attached photo, it slid beautifully under the window seat in front of me like it was an official aircraft accessory.

The bag rolls silently on excellent wheels and the handle extends and retracts smoothly. The handle is also long enough that the bag doesn't clip my heels or flutter out of control when dragging it behind me.

One negative: there's no provision for a shoulder strap, should you want to carry it. To lift the bag, you use its comfortable padded handgrip.

Overall, a very nice bag. Just don't expect to crack it a bit and add or remove anything quickly.
review image
33 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2017
I've used this every day for work for the past 1.5 years. Wheels still work great, telescoping handle has gotten a little rough on the extension - sometimes requiring me to give a little shake and tug to get it to extend fully. But otherwise i can't complain, it has held up to the daily grind of multi-site day to day business. There's definitely wear on the outer surfaces, but nothing unreasonable for what it's been through
on October 11, 2014
My older and larger computer travel bag was getting too heavy to carry around with a shoulder strap, and no longer fit under seats in planes. When I bought this Samsonite mobile office bag, I knew that I was going to be traveling on some regional jets with smaller overhead bins, where most carry-ons are too big and have to be checked. I'm pleased to say that after being on several smaller regional jets on a recent trip (50 - 80 passengers), that this carry on worked as advertised. It fit in the overhead bins with no problems, even packed fully with a laptop, change of clothes, and other items for an overnight stay if my checked bag didn't make it.

I found the handle to be long enough to easily roll this bag through airports without whacking my heels or needing to stoop (I'm 6 feet tall). The computer was well protected, and I like the general overall design of this piece of luggage. I was also able to safely transport my good digital camera with the telephoto lens detached in the larger section of this carry on, and there was room in the other compartment for battery chargers for my mobile devices, etc. It was a bit of a struggle to remove the laptop computer when going through an airline security check, with the bag being fully packed and no room to spare. I had to fully unzip the computer section (in the middle), and undo 3 Velcro fasteners to slip my MacBook Air out of the inside sleeve.

I am very pleased with this purchase, and plan to keep it for a long time. My shoulder also appreciates it too, since this carry-on rolls smoothly and is easy to walk with in airports. Most importantly, I don't need to be concerned about whether it will fit under the seat or in an overhead compartment in commercial aircraft, as was the situation with my older wheel-less computer travel bag.
on February 26, 2014
This is a great rolling bag that holds all my business essentials and fits under most every airplane seat that I have encountered. I tore the front zipper stitching but probably my fault when I overloaded it. I would buy one of these again.
on December 21, 2012
I'm very pleased with the product . the bag is lightweight . The handle operates smoothly. This product can take my Dell laptop 14 inch and provides adequate storage for paperwork, books, pens..etc.
on April 3, 2017
Very tight compartments which do not lend themselves to packing much. You do need to fully unzip the zippers to get to the compartments, which is not great if you don't want all of your stuff open to the public. Also, although the zippers look sturdy, the zipper broke in the first week and I could not close the main compartment. I returned this item and do not recommend.
on March 16, 2017
This is a qulity constructed product. I am able to fir text books as well as papers, supplies, and my laptop. The telescoping handle fit me well and stows easily.
on December 30, 2014
My husband loves his new laptop case. Samsonite always makes such a great product. Wheels are sturdy and smooth-rolling. The extendable handle works smoothly as required. The only drawback is that it doesn't allow for very much more than just his laptop. Hard to explain, but you need to unzip both sides all the way, otherwise you can barely pull the laptop out. If you're looking for a case that can also carry books, files, and the rest of your office :) this is not the case for you. But it has ample space for the average businessperson.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.