Samsonite Xspace 21.5" Expandable Spinner
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 21.5" high
- 14.75" wide
- Polyester, Nylon Blend
- Fully featured interior includes built-in suiter system, day-pack/laundry bag, 3-1-1 bag for toiletries, and multiple pockets
- Padded top carry handle for comfort when lifting
- Case expands for added packing capacity
- Two Front Exterior Pockets For Last Minute Items
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Samsonite Xspace 21.5" Expandable Spinner features multi-directional wheels which allow 360-degree upright rolling in multiple directions with no weight on your arm. It also includes 3-1-1 bag, which aids in expediting security checks. The fully featured interior includes a built-in suiter system, day pack laundry bag, and multiple pockets for increased organization. Samsonite's Xspace also expands for added packing capacity. Locking upright handle for easy maneuverability Top, side and bottom carry handles Unit Dimensions - 21.5 x 14.75 x 8.0, Linear - 44.25 Manufacturer's 10-year warranty
Four, multi-directional spinner wheels for easy mobility.
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 15 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.8 pounds
- ASIN: B0030DJT7Y
- Item model number: 39958-Galaxy Black-One Size
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 22, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I'm now in Europe on a business trip, still have the zipper issue, even when the suitcase is empty, so it is not due to over-packing. I just sent an e-mail to Samsonite so we'll see. The option of returning it to Amazon ran out a few weeks ago.
Tumi now has a spinner design as well, but it's about $545. Victorinox has one as well, and it can be had for about $210.00. If Samsonite doesn't come through, then I'll probably try theirs. I also checked Briggs & Riley, Boyt, but couldn't find any 4 wheeled luggage. Hartman has 4 wheeled luggage, and the same size as the Samsonite is $412.00 on sale.
The suitcase arrived quickly (yay for Amazon and Amazon Prime) for a trip leaving in two days. I ordered both this spinner and the matching carry on case. The case is okay (nothing special). This spinner is my first spinner. I also ordered the amazon.com/gp/product/B004HOAE3S (Samsonite Silhouette 12 21" Spinner Luggage) in sapphire for my daughter at the same time from Amazon.
+ Size, fits easily in the overhead luggage bin on Alaska Airlines when it isn't expanded.
+ Comes with a laundrybag/day pack. It is a small bag with drawstrings that you can use as a lightweight day pack, or to go to the gym, or to put your dirty laundry in.
+ It spins/pushes easily.
+++ Fits great down the airplane aisle without bumping passengers in seats, I just pushed it ahead of me
The Other Side (cons and...)
- The pull out handle doesn't pull out or push in very easily when the suitcase is full. On the way there (Seattle to Orlando) the handle was difficult to move in and out, on the way back it didn't pull out. On the way back the suitcase was very full and the expansion area was also in use. I've not had this problem before with any of my other suitcases.
- With the suitcase fully loaded, and the expansion panel utilized, the suitcase tipped to the front fairly easily. I had to pay attention to how it was moving.
- The extended handle should make a great pull/push for this spinner luggage, but when it was extended, there was a lot of flex. So, it was more awkward and tippy than it should have been when going over uneven ground, getting on/off escalators, up curb cuts, and similar occurrences of traveling life.
In summary: I'll call Amazon and see if they will exchange it for the model I got my daughter or if it will go to charity (I threw the box out when it arrived). My daughter's suitcase - which wasn't quite as cool color wise, has a more stable handle and double wheels in each corner. She had none of the problems I had. Hers was also more expensive.
What I like:
Spinner, on smooth surfaces like the airport (where it normally live) is ultra-smooth and easy to carry
Pockets: two outside pocket are very handy particularly the small top one where i can put my ticket, Passport, pen, phone.
Suit compartment: the inside of the front opening has a suit compartment were you can also hook your hanger, even though I only use it once to carry a suit I always pack my shirt there and is great
So far it fits on all overhead compartments
What I don’t like:
When fully loaded (I mean fully) it have the tendency to tip forward due to unbalance, but only with heavy leads.