Samsung WB35F 16.2MP Smart WiFi & NFC Digital Camera with 12x Optical Zoom and 2.7" LCD (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Share your best photos instantly with Family and Friends with Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- SMART features - Social Media Upload, E-mail, Photo beam, Direct Link, Mobile Link, PC Auto-backup, Remote Viewfinder, All Share
- 16.2MP CCD Sensor - superb clarity and detail
- 12x Optical Zoom - Slim design but still can reveal up-close features
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
|Display Fixture Type||No|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230000|
|Display Size||2.7 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||16.2 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||3,200|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Flash Memory Type||MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC|
|Flash Modes Description||Auto, Fill-in, Flash off, Red-eye reduction, Slow synchronization|
|ISO Range||80 - 3200|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.4 x 1.1 x 3.98 inches|
|Item Weight||0.43 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2.7 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||1 ounce|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||12 month part and labor|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.1 - F6.3|
|Maximum Focal Length||288 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||0.0005 seconds|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,608|
|Memory Slots Available||1|
|Memory Storage Capacity||30 MB|
|Minimum Focal Length||24 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||8 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16.2 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Shipping Weight||0.84 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||BP70A|
|Video Capture Resolution||720p|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
Samsung"s state of the art NFC and Wi-Fi technology makes sharing images with friends and family easier and more enjoyable. The brand new "Tag & Go" feature takes sharing to an entirely new level as it connects the WB35F camera with smartphones by just touching the two devices together. With no manual set up required, an array of features are activated which make it simple to transfer, share and back up images. This includes Photo Beam, which immediately transfers the image being viewed on the camera to a smartphone. With Auto Share, images are instantaneously backed up as they are being shot, while Mobile Link allows users to select which images to transfer, so that shots can be organized easily. Remote View Finder offers greater flexibility when setting up shots, as the camera can be controlled via a smartphone to act as a viewfinder, as well as providing access to a host of manual settings.
From the Manufacturer
Take high-quality photos and videos and share them effortlessly with the Samsung WB35F SMART Camera. This compact camera features a 2.7-inch LCD screen with a 16.2-megapixel CCD sensor and 12x zoom to capture close-up detail. Creative features let you add backgrounds and filters, combine multiple images, create a 180-degree panorama, and even freeze time around a moving subject. And thanks to built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology, it's easy to send photos and videos to friends or upload them directly to Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and other sites.
Line up shots with exceptional clarity--even in direct sunlight--with the 2.7-inch LCD display. View larger.
12x zoom allows you to capture every detail. (Shown in white) View larger.
Built-in Wi-Fi makes sharing photos and videos online easy. (Shown in white) View larger.
Simply tap the camera to your smartphone to instantly share an image. (Shown in white) View larger.
Use Remote Viewfinder to frame a group photo or zoom in and out using your smartphone. (Shown in white)
16.2-Megapixel CCD Sensor for Vivid Images
The Samsung WB35F SMART Camera contains a 16.2-megapixel CCD sensor that is engineered to help you capture high-quality, low-noise images with ample pixels and excellent lighting. The CCD's sensitivity makes it possible to capture vivid, natural-looking photos, regardless of the shooting conditions.
Frame Shots on a Sharp 2.7-Inch Display
On the back of the camera is a 2.7-inch LCD display that provides an easy, glare-free way to compose and review your photos. The bright, wide screen reproduces images exactly as they appear, even in direct sunlight.
12x Zoom for Exceptional Detail
With the WB35F, you can capture the moment just the way you remember it, whether your subject is up close or far away. Even when you can't get close to your subject, the 12x zoom allows you to capture every detail.
Wi-Fi Connectivity for Easy Sharing
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi capability, the WB35F makes it easy to post pictures and videos--along with tags and comments--directly to Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr. You can also email your favorites to friends and family members or use the Group Share function, which allows you to send images to up to four people simultaneously.
Save as You Shoot with AutoShare
With Samsung's AutoShare feature, you can send photos instantly to an NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet--as you shoot them--over a Wi-Fi connection. This makes it easy to back up your photos or share them from wherever you are.
Samsung Link to Share Photos with Other Devices
Samsung Link lets you wirelessly stream photos and videos to your computer or other nearby Samsung Link-enabled device or upload them to a web storage service such as Dropbox.
Photo Beam Lets You Share Photos with One Touch
Share your favorite shot instantly with a friend with Photo Beam technology. Simply tap your camera on any NFC-compatible smartphone to automatically share the image you're currently viewing.
Transfer Files Automatically with PC Auto Backup
Saving photos and videos to your computer is easy with the Samsung WB35F. Just select the PC Auto Backup function, and the camera will wirelessly transfer all the files on the camera to your PC or Mac.
Shoot HD-Quality Movies
Whether you're enjoying time with family or a night out with friends, you can use the WB35F SMART camera to capture 720p HD-quality MPEG video.
Send Files Using MobileLink, Even Without Wi-Fi
Samsung's MobileLink lets you select and send photos or albums directly to a smartphone or tablet without having to send the photos in a text message or email. Because the wireless connection uses NFC technology, it even works when you're away from a Wi-Fi hotspot. MobileLink also lets you manage photos on your smartphone and save the changes automatically to your camera.
Remote Viewfinder to Control Camera from a Distance
When you connect the camera to select smartphones, you can use the Remote Viewfinder to turn your phone into a viewfinder. Preview photos, adjust camera settings, zoom in and out, frame the scene, and tag the shot location all from your phone. This feature makes it easy to set up and take a group shot with you in it.
Live Panorama Captures Landscapes and More
With Samsung's Live Panorama, you can capture a procession of gondolas gliding past a Venetian palace or other breathtaking scenes with a 180-degree panoramic image. The Live Panorama feature allows you to preview the image on the LCD screen before you take it by holding the shutter button and sweeping across the scene.
Create Artistic Images with Motion Photo and Split Shot
Motion Photo lets you freeze time around a moving subject to create surrealistic images. For example, you can capture a friend dancing while everyone in the background remains still. Simply rub the area on the display where you want to highlight movement and the rest of the image will freeze in place.
Using the Split Shot feature, you can blend up to three photos to create fun, imaginative combinations. Merge your self-portrait with a horse to create a centaur or attach a friend's head to a different body--the possibilities are endless.
Express Your Creative Side with SMART Filter
Samsung's SMART Filter lens effects deliver a variety of fun and artistic looks for your shots. The cartoon filter makes any photo look like an animated scene, while ink and oil painting filters make your images look like works of art.
SMART Auto for Sharp Shots Every Time
The SMART Auto feature automatically analyzes the current shooting environment and chooses the right photo or video mode to give you the best possible results.
The Samsung WB35F SMART Camera measures 2.41 by 3.97 by .81 inches (H x W x D) and weighs .32 pounds.
What's in the Box
Samsung WB35F SMART Camera, lithium-ion EA-BP70A/EP battery, USB cable, power adapter, wrist strap, and quick start guide.
WB35F SMART Camera
At a Glance:
- 16.2-megapixel CCD sensor for high-quality images
- Clear 2.7-inch LCD display to review shots
- 12x zoom captures detailed images
- Wi-Fi capability lets you post to social networks
- Remote Viewfinder lets you control camera settings from smartphone
- 720p HD video recording
16.2-megapixel CCD sensor is engineered for capturing high-quality, low-noise images. View larger.
Samsung AutoShare can automatically send photos to any smartphone or tablet powered by NFC technology. (Shown in white) View larger.
All your photos and videos are wirelessly transferred and safely stored on your computer. (Shown in white) View larger.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
1. The zoom: Fantastic! Typically when you zoom in as far as the camera will allow, the pictures come out grainy or blurry - with this camera, you can zoom in all the way and the picture will still come out crystal clear.
2. Photo options/modes: There are a lot of option/modes for the type of picture you want to take. For example, there is a smart auto mode, a night mode, a firework mode (I was skeptical about this one, however, I used it for the 4th of July and I got some of the best firework pictures I have ever taken.), a landscape/scenery mode, a macro mode for up close photography, an action freeze mode for matter in fast motion, a silhouette mode, a sunset mode, a light trace mode for long exposure photos at night, and a beauty face mode that corrects facial blemishes when a portrait photo is taken. Along with all of the photo modes, videos can also be taken.
3. The charger: I had read some reviews saying they didn't receive a charger. I find this odd. I received a charger that can plug into the wall or into my computer. The cord is about 1.5 feet long which is great because it's easy to store and there isn't anything to trip over when you plug it into the wall.
4. Uploading options: There are many options to upload the pictures to other devices. Along with the WIFI function where I can upload the pictures directly to my mobile phone (LOVE IT!), my camera came with an SD card and a SD Card Reader. The microSD card can be inserted into either. The SD card can then be inserted directly into my laptop or computer allowing quick transfer of photos. The SD Card Reader can be inserted into any USB port for equally fast uploading speed.
5. Battery life: I don't know exactly how long my battery lasts, however, I brought this camera with me for a long weekend in Washington DC and I didn't have to use the charger once. I took pictures at memorials, restaurants, the zoo, etc. and the battery didn't even come close to dying.
I would highly recommend this camera to a family member or friend! Not to mention, you can't find it for this price anywhere else!
NOTE: If you intend to take more than one or two pictures with this camera, you'll need to buy a separate memory card. It only works with Micro SD, Micro SDHC, or Micro SDXC memory cards. (I had to find this information at Samsung's website, since it's not mentioned in Amazon's product description.)
- PROS -
* Purple! The description photos look almost navy blue, but the camera is actually a dark purple. Blueish-purple, to be sure, but still purple.
* It's very lightweight and compact. I love how thin it is!
* Advanced Features. This digital camera has many of the same features as a fancy, high-end DSLR, such as adjustable ISO, aperture, and focus. Or you can use the auto-feature, which will analyze the scene and choose the best settings for you. There's some fancy features, too, like a portrait-setting that automatically removes blemishes, and a panoramic-setting that lets you splice several photos together.
* Uploading Features. It will let you automatically upload your pictures and videos to Facebook, YouTube, Dropbox, or Picasa. It will let you email photos to yourself and friends. It will even let you send photos to your smartphone or tablet. However, it does NOT permit wireless uploading to your computer, in spite of what the description says.
- CONS -
* False Advertising! Both Amazon's product description and the press release at Samsung's website claim this camera has "PC Auto Backup" -- a feature that allows you to use Wi-Fi to automatically upload your photos to your computer. This was actually the main reason I bought this camera. When I couldn't find this feature listed in the manual, I contacted Samsung's customer service and they told me, in no uncertain terms, that the WB35F digital camera does NOT have PC Auto Backup! I am extremely disappointed.
* In order to store the pictures you take, you'll need a separate micro memory card. This isn't mentioned in the description, but it'll cost you about $20 extra, more or less, depending on what size and speed you get. I got the SanDisk 32GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDHC, which I'm happy with. You'll want a protective case, too. I got the Case Logic QPB-301 Point and Shoot Camera Case (Purple), which works nicely.
* When it's turned on, the camera makes a high-pitched whirring sound that's very annoying. It's quiet enough that most people probably won't even notice, but I'm sensitive to high-pitched sounds, so it bugs me.
* While in the menu system, if you hesitate before choosing an option, a "help" window will pop up to tell you what that particular option does. This was nice on the first day, when I didn't know what any of the features were. But now it's just annoying.
In general, I'm pleased with this camera. I still haven't learned all its tricks, but it takes great pictures and packs a lot of neat features into a very small, affordable package. However, I cannot forgive the false advertising! I really wanted wireless uploading and was sorely disappointed to learn that it doesn't exist. I must praise Amazon's customer service, though! When I emailed them to express my dissatisfaction, they replied within thirty minutes--and on a Sunday, no less! They promised to amend the product listing (which still hasn't happened, unfortunately) and offered me a 20% refund if I wanted to keep the camera, and a complete refund if I wanted to return it. You can't get better than that.
Amazon gets 5 stars for their prompt and efficient customer service, but the Samsung WB35F camera only gets 3 stars. Cautiously recommended, but only if you don't need wireless uploading or automatic PC backup.
Don't buy this if you want it to work with Dropbox.
Most Recent Customer Reviews