Samsung 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (S27C230B)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 27" (16:9) Screen Size
- 170°/160° Viewing Angle (Horizontal/Vertical)
- 16.7M Color Support
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Seems to be just an average monitor with a lot of real estate. No bells or whistles. Blacks are nonexistent and light bleeds through around all edges. There is no swivel or tilt to stand, no big deal for me. The settings are easy to adjust. This is a $200.00 monitor . You get what you pay for. Still not bad for the price!
13 months later, in Jan. 2015, here is what failed.
1. The OSD (i.e., the Menu button) failed. I cannot figure out whether it is locked (and therefore won't unlock) or it simply no longer works.
2. In 'Extend and/or Projector Only mode,' the picture/resolution is extremely distorted. As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter if the monitor is connected using a digital (DVI) or an analog cable. And, both problems persist when the monitor is plugged into a different computer system. Basically, something funky is going on.
3. After leaving the system unplugged -- and this is when the OSD was working, it always defaults to the German language. A small but compounding annoyance.
4. Now that OSD has failed, the monitor would randomly switch between analog and digital connection. Hmm...
So, did I get a lemon? Or have I bought an inferior product?
5. On top of all, conflicting service/warranty information.
My warranty card says "One Year Parts and Labor."
The Samsung website says "36 months from date of purchase / 39 months from month of manufacture whichever is earlier (for 17" or greater CDT monitors and all LCD-TFT monitors). OR, 12 months from date of purchase / 15 months from the month of manufacture whichever is earlier (for all plasma monitor models)."
Well... what is Samsung going to honor, if anything? That, well, we'll have to wait until I hear back from Samsung.
But really, this is a review of the product, not of the services.
** UPDATED 12 January, 2015 **
Samsung got back to me in 24 hours about the warranty service. Luckily warranty is still good.Read more ›
Otherwise, it seems like a nice monitor for the price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really great quality monitor at a very reasonable price. I use two together which makes for a very economical way increase your monitor real estate. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Adrian Hobson
I don't think that the description was correct on this product and I had to send it back to get what I wantedPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Good Enough - control buttons on monitor could stand lots of improvement -Published 6 months ago by Rosie T
I think this monitor has good quality of imaging with reasonable price. IPublished 7 months ago by Chung Ick-mo
I love the brightness, size and clarity of the screen, however, I am having a problem with the color, everything is blue tinted. Any hints on what is wrong?Published 8 months ago by MJohnson
Just got it up and running, then checked my blood pressure. The Quick Setup Guide says to check to see if all the stuff is there. It was, except for the User Manual. Read morePublished 9 months ago by elsando
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.