Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on January 23, 2013
So this is the deal:
This thing should be called a "5 pin to 11 pin adapter." You have to use this in conjunction with a conventional micro USB to HDMI connector. Apparently, Samsung S3 and the Samsung Note II use an 11 pin configuration. The Samsung SII and most other devices with micro-usb to HDMI capability use a 5 pin configuration.

So in summary:
1. This device will only work with the Samsung SIII or the Samsung Note II.
2. You will need a micro-usb to HDMI adaptor to connect it to and HDMI cable THEN connect it to the TV/monitor/whatever.
3. There is no where that you can hook up a charger to this thing so make sure that that the additional cable you buy has a slot for the charger because if you use HDMI out WHILE charging your battery will still die let alone HDMI out without charging which will definitely kill it quick.

Lastly if you want to buy both the 5pin to 11 pin adapter with the HDMI out and charging capability look up this product:
"Samsung Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV Adapter Cable with 5 Pin to 11 Pin Micro-USB adapter for Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 and MHL-enabled Smartphones and Tablets "
on May 21, 2013
I order this thing for my Galaxy 3 to watch movies and we used it for the first time last night. We only got through about and hr and a half of the movie before my husband fell asleep. However during that time we had no complaint on it. My phone really did not get hot it actually did charge it a little the picture and sound quality was excelent. I did order this with the Samsung MHL to HDMI Adapter - Data Cable - Micro USB - Retail Packaging for AT&T SGH-i77 & T-Mobile SGH-T989 the same day however I still have not received this yet. Right now I am using it with MHL pipeline adapter from radio shack. I am waiting to get the other adapeter in since it was only $9.99 and the pipeline is $39.99. But if the pipeline is better quality then the other one I might just keep it instead of taking it back. But if the Samsung is just as good quality I am going to take that back and save 30 bucks. This shipping for this item was fast. I ordered it on May 14 around 3 or 4 cst and received it in the mail Sat May 18th.
If I have any problems I will up date but so far so good.
on August 13, 2014
Like it and works but it still needs a micro HDMI adapter so might as well buy the Micro Usb to full HDMI adapter so you don't have to carry to and i did try getting the cable that goes micro hdmi to full but if you lose it your lost and you still have to carry a cable instead of a small adapter.
on November 16, 2012
I got the cable "Cable Matters Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter in White" which needs to be connected to electricity in order to work. The converter looks great not bulky and works perfectly fine with the cable mentioned.

It does the trick. Could there be better options. Well Yes. One that does not need to be hooked up to electricity. Yet the point of this item is a converter and does the trick.

5/5 If the cable you have does not work... Well you should not be rating this product as 1/5 because the problem is not here

You got a samsung note 2? have questions? msg me Ill answer your doubts if i can
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2014
I think the adapter I got was a knock off not an original Samsung product. It works pretty well, sometimes my display screen will go black or have white static on the screen. When it does this I can either unplug/replug the adapter from the phone or change sources on the monitor and the picture will be right back. Sometimes it will work for hours while other times it will work for just a couple of minutes before it messes up.
on January 22, 2013
I bought this along with a couple cords to make the connection between my Galaxy Note 2 and my Sony TV. At first, my long and precarious chain of connections worked great. However, after plugging/unplugging this adapter from my phone a few times, the connect has gotten too loose, and falls out, making it pretty much unusable unless I hold the phone and adapter together with a little force. When it did work, it was a great picture on my TV though!
on February 11, 2013
I was like "what the heck" & so mad when I found out that my old adapter wouldnt work with my TV anymore when I went from an Infuse 4G to a Galaxy S3!! I was so excited when I found this lil adapter piece & didnt have to buy a whole new plug! It works great with my GALAXY S3! It simply changes the 5 pin adapter to an 11 pin. Fit right into my old adapter plug, nice & snug! Great price too, compared to the whole adapter. An adapter for an adapter, whodda thunk!?! 0_o LOL
on May 3, 2013
The negative reviews on this product make me laugh. The product says that it is a 5 pin micro usb to 11 pin micro usb. Why would any body take that to mean usb to hdmi? Un-freakin-believable. The adapter works fine as long as you have a mhl adapter, I have one from when I bought a Samsung Infuse 4g. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because it is not a Samsung product, it looks completely different from the one pictured.
on November 30, 2013
As it turns out, this adaptor will not work with my phone. It doesn't fit the micro usb cable that I normally use.
on January 15, 2013
Works great with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I was devastated when I my old 30$ HTC mhl connector wouldn't work with my note 2 (upgraded from an Evo 3d). But with this little adapter it works like a charm.

However, instead of outputting 1080p, it only outputs 1080i. I don't know if its because of the HTC mhl or if it's with the note 2 or whatever. My phone still looks great on the big screen!