|Screen Size||22 inches|
Samsung B2230HD 21.5-Inch WideScreen LCD Monitor
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Screen Size 21.5" Widescreen: Yes Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Recommended Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Viewing Angle: 170°(H) / 160°(V) Display Colors: 16.7 Million Brightness: 300 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: DC 70000:1 Response Time: 5ms
- Input Video Compatibility: Analog RGB, Digital Connectors: D-Sub, HDMI, Component, Composite, DTV Antenna
- Complies with: ENERGY STAR Power Consumption: Typical: 50 W Stand By(DPMS): < 0.3 W
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
In the visual department, the 1080p quality is phenomenal. I haven't tested anything below Full HD because I don't have anything at those resolutions unless I dumb down the resolution. At the default settings, the picture quality is crisp and detailed. It also has a response time of 5ms which allows for quick movements in video games. Picture-in-Picture also makes a return on this Samsung model, and it works as expected.
Onto the Audio Department, I at first experienced volume issues but I soon realized that the issue was not with the B2230HD, but with the volume settings on the computer that was hooked up. So make sure that you have all the volume settings at max on your equipment if your testing your set-ups audio. The TV also has different audio settings that tailor to what your are watching. For example, if you are watching a presidential speech and the background is a little loud, go into the easy access tools menu and change the audio settings to speech and the persons voice will be amplified from the background. For the size of the TV, the audio is awesome.
As an avid gamer, I am very pleased with this TV. 9.8/10
1)Picture in picture lets you have tv in a little box on your monitor - you can e-mail through advertisements without switching back or missing a beat
2)Fast refresh rate, 5ms response, 1920x1080, crisp and clean picture, and good color/brightness control options
3)"Eco Solution" screen settings measured at the outlet, mostly white on the screen:
-9.5 watts in 'picture off/audio only' mode
-26 watts off, bright
-21 watts low setting, pretty bright
-19 watts medium setting, dimmer
-17 watts high setting, even dimmer
4)Sleep timer (combines particularly well with picture-off mode on audio-only channels, but see cons #5)
5)Settings are saved in whichever picture mode you adjusted them, so you can have a few presets for each input.
6)Good price for the quality(particularly good if on sale)
1)Only one adjustment on the stand; tip the screen back or forward - no height, rotation, or side-tilt.
2)Backlight bleed is sometimes apparent at the top and bottom.Read more ›
Low and behold, the Vizio excelled in the picture quality department. Samsung is one of the most popular, if not the most popular LCD TV manufacture (notice I didn't say LED TV), but to my surprise Vizio outperformed in the detail department.
Facial detail is lacking. Graphics and text is outstanding, but take a look at the detail on peoples faces or anything closeup and it gives the 'clay faces' look. Almost like the video was 'rolled off' only under certain circumstances. Really hard to describe this, but it was very noticeable.
I also have a 32" Samsung (not a TN panel like this) and the above holds true there also. That was my second LCD set (I have and have DLP RPTV's as my main sets) and just thought it was something that was typical of LCD TV's until I made this side by side.
1. 1080p panel, ideal for PC displays, but see below
2. Able to store channel memories for both OTA & CATV channels without deleting a previous channel list Why can't all manufactures do this??
3. Easy mode switch from 'Air' to 'Cable',
4. Unlike their non Business line of smaller sets, this has separate composite and component inputs. You don't give up one for the other,
5. Also unlike their 5000 regular TV series, this has no stupid, cost cutting 'adapter' cable dongle for the component/composite input, which is a huge source of problems (see the reviews of those sets here on Amazon),
6. Extensive menu entries for video & audio including ISF calibration for video & equalizer for audio,
7. Front mounted controls,
8.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Only con is it only has a VGA
connection. Other than that I love this thing. Now I can work on my computer and with a quick flip of the remote be catching up on world news.
This is a super PC Wide Screen Monitor by Samsung. We have been using it for over a year and it looks great. Read morePublished on July 2, 2014 by John B. Phillips
This monitor was going into a small spare bedroom. We wanted a monitor that has a TV tuner and offers picture-in-picture TV. Read morePublished on July 29, 2013 by JerseyJohn
Great tv for the price. Has video, music and picture playback vis usb port. Picture quality is very good. Would recommend to family and friends.Published on May 11, 2013 by Anthony
Awesome monitor that doubles as an excellent tv. Excellent picture just with 'rabbit-ears' too. Nice large screen makes computer work alot less stressful on the eyes. Read morePublished on September 6, 2012 by Broncos2011
The quality of the images is very good. There's a good selection of inputs, although a second RF input would be nice for cable or antenna selection. Read morePublished on June 29, 2012 by Paul
This TV/Monitor has lived up to my standards. I'm not an avid tv geek, but on its performance, I love this product. Read morePublished on April 29, 2012 by Bloab
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.