Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on August 8, 2012
I'm setting up a new TV room and bought this little player for the new room and a new (undecided) TV. I set it up with my existing TV and love this little box. It could not have been easier - found my wifi network and joined effortlessly. All apps seem to be working OK. Picture and sound are both excellent. Have not tried the browser yet.

I've been planning to install an AppleTV and Roku box in our new room with the new home theater setup. This player has the apps I need from Roku (Netflix, Hulu+, PLEX, etc.) PLEX even accesses my iTunes folders and plays all my video files. The end result is, even though I am a big fan of AppleTV and Roku, I don't need Roku or AppleTV to match what I currently have. (If you don't know PLEX look it up - great media server, expecially for Mac users.)

I bought this unit "used" through Amazon for $93, including shipping. It arrived in excellent condition. Such a deal!

UPDATE - JULY 2013

We still love this blu ray player but ROKU 3 seems to handle PLEX better. we use PLEX a lot to play video files from my Mac computer. Netflix works great! This is a really fine blu ray player.. had it almost a year now. I cannot comment on 3d performance yet.
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2013
The Samsung BD-ES6000 is obviously defective. It has a particular hatred of playing ANY Blu-ray/DVDs. It likes to freeze up. Nothing I like better than staring at a still frame while I try every trick in the book to get the disk running again. And you can forget about viewing your Netflix instant streaming on it. You'd have better luck unlocking the secrets of the Higgs Boson "god" particle. Don't bother using the browser feature unless you're the type of person that likes watching grass grow while getting a pesky root canal. Normally, like most of you, if I bought a defective, oh, flashlight from Walmart for seven dollars, I'd return it for a refund or store credit. This Samsung 3D Blu-ray player? Ohhhh, I can just smell more trouble returning it. It's as if the damnable thing has awakened your pissed-off spider senses. Lesson learned. If you must buy, buy it's upgraded version.
on December 24, 2013
What a lemon! Had this one for 8 months before it completely died on me. I never liked this blu-ray player as it's functionality is very confusing, it's missing a display and has no clear buttons that indicate what's going on. My children never were able to figure how to determine if a disk was in the player or not and then often it simply didn't play the disks. Spent over $100.- on this refurbished unit and after 8 frustrating months of sometimes playing the disk, now it just broke and won't play any disks at all anymore. Disks go in, spin for a minute and then nada. Definitely a bad product and I'm just finding out that it only came with a 30 day warranty. I guess the manufacturer really understands how crappy the quality is of this product and figures that it only needs to hold up 30 days. I just bought a brand new Phillips Blu-ray that cost me $79.-, plays 3D and actually works..
on June 18, 2017
Excellent
on January 31, 2013
I have enjoyed both the disc and streaming movies I have played from this product. I upgraded because I wanted wireless connectivity and I was very satisfied with my previous Samsung Blu-Ray device.

My only post-purchase regret is that AMAZON (of all people) does not have their app or streaming content available for this device (ALL SAMSUNG DVD/BLU-RAY for that matter) and I could not readily determine that before hand since most websites/press notices I saw led me to believe that Samsung/Amazon played nicely together.

Easy menu, faster load times, small size - good to go.
on January 6, 2013
I had tried Apple TV and Android TV Box (with XBMC) and neither compare to this for running Plex. It's incredible! I sometimes even use it to play Blu-Ray's. My wife really enjoys the Netflix feature, and it's nice that the remote has a giant Netflix button right on it.The processor could be a little faster for a 2012 model, but it's ok. I really only notice the lag in Plex when I'm trying to play really large files (>15-18GB).
on July 19, 2014
Bought two of these for a vehicle project, they are now both broken.
on August 13, 2012
So far the player has worked exactly as advertized. I have a 3D TV and the 3D movies I have played have worked great. Didn't have any problems hooking it up. User controls were straight forward. The size is small so didn't need a lot of room to set it up. Has a lot of features. I have the TV wall mounted and was able to put the player on the back side, out of sight.
on April 13, 2013
I purchased this for the SmartHub feature. The player boots up quick and the picture quality is great. The SmartHub is pretty good - it's a bit adolesent and slow. The web browsing is impossible with the included remote. I tried it with a bluetooth keyboard and that works better but I wouldn't want to use it solely for web browsing. I'd compare the web browser to writing with a crayon instead of a pen - it'll work but slower and more frustrating.
on November 21, 2012
Even though there were poor reviews I had high hopesfor this little player. The menus, the set-up, all share all worked and I liked it. Outside of this player having the cinavia circuit my other media was always out of sync no matter how I adjusted the audio. If your buying this for it's compact size and Blu-ray capabilities then it's great. If you're going to play media, pass.