Samsung Gear S3 Classic Smartwatch (Bluetooth), SM-R770NZSAXAR – US Version with Warranty
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- A distinctive steel bezel that you can rotate to access apps and notifications. Battery Type and Size-380mAh Li-ion. Typical Usage-up to 3 days. Charging Method-Wireless Charging Dock
- Text, call and get notifications directly from your watch through your Bluetooth connected smartwatch.
- Make payments with Samsung Pay almost anywhere you swipe or tap a credit card.
- With military-grade performance, the Gear S3 resists water, dust, extreme temperatures and the occasional drop.
- Compatible with Android and iOS smartphones (compatible with select Bluetooth capable smartphones using Android OS 4.4 and later with at least 1.5GB RAM as well as iPhone 5 and later with iOS 9.0 and above. Refer user manual for troubleshooting instructions. Not all features available with iOS paired smartphones. Gear S3 supported smartphones may vary by carrier and device. For a list of compatible smartphones and features, please visit Samsung.com . For best results, connect with compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphones.)
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $70.80.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Text, call, and get notifications directly from your Bluetooth connected watch (1).
- Make payments with Samsung Pay almost anywhere you can swipe or tap a credit card (2).
- The built-in GPS keeps track of your activity and makes it easy to share your location.
- With military-grade performance, the Gear S3 resists water, dust, extreme temperatures, and the occasional drop (3).
Samsung Gear S3 classic
Stay in touch, without reaching for your phone (1), with the smartwatch that’s engineered for adventure. With the Gear S3, you can pay right from your wrist, track your location, and withstand any weather (2).
- Rotate the distinctive steel bezel to easily access apps and notifications.
- Go nonstop for days on a single charge (4) and recharge on the wireless charger.
- With the built-in S Health app, track your steps, monitor your heart rate, and more (5).
- Access the apps you use every day on your Gear S3 (6).
- Make it your own by customizing your watch face and swapping out the standard 22mm band (7).
- Samsung Gear S3 is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones (8).
Never Miss A Moment
The Gear S3 is Bluetooth connected (1), so you can receive texts, emails, and alerts without reaching for your phone. With a built-in speaker and microphone, you can also make and answer calls hands-free.
Access Apps In An Instant
Rotate the distinctive steel bezel to easily access apps and notifications so you can instantly check texts, updates, and more.
Long Battery Life
Access to Apps
Tailored For You
Make the Gear S3 your own. Customize your watch face, choosing from thousands of striking colors and designs. Plus easily swap out the standard 22mm band (7).
Android and iOS Compatible
Connect your Samsung Gear S3 with both Android and iOS smartphones (8). Pair your smartwatch via Bluetooth using the Samsung Gear companion app to see where the freedom of Samsung Gear S3 can take you.
(1) Samsung Gear S3 (Bluetooth) is a companion device for compatible Android and iOS smartphones, sold separately. Full connectivity functionality requires Bluetooth pairing to a wireless network-connected phone. Some features are not available on iOS smartphones. Visit Samsung's official website for details.
(2) For best results, Samsung Pay on Gear S3 requires network connection through LTE, Wi-Fi or via Bluetooth pairing with compatible smartphone. After Initial setup, Samsung Pay on Gear S3 can make at least five transactions without reconnecting to a network. Samsung Pay on the Gear S3 is only compatible with select cards, carriers and Android smartphones. Visit Samsung's official website for details. Samsung Pay is not available on iOS smartphones.
(3) This device passed military specification (MIL-STD-810G) testing against a subset of 10 specific conditions, including drops from 4.9 feet, extreme temperatures, dust, shock/vibration, and low pressure/high altitude. Water- and dust-resistance based on IP68 rating (water-resistant in up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes). Rinse residue/dry after wet. See user manual for more details.
(4) Average expected performance based on typical use. Results may vary.
(5) This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease. Some S Health features are not available on iOS smartphones. Visit Samsung's official website for details.
(6) Some apps not available on iOS smartphones.
(7) Band sold separately. Some watch faces are not available on iOS smartphones.
(8) Compatible with select Bluetooth capable smartphones using Android OS 4.4 and later with at least 1.5GB RAM as well as iPhone 5 and later with iOS 9.0 and above. Not all features available with iOS paired smartphones. Gear S3 supported smartphones may vary by carrier and device. For a list of compatible smartphones and features, visit Samsung's official website. For best results, connect with compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Gear S3 Classic Silver timeless smartwatch, combining style with the latest innovation in digital technology.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Just as with the Gear S2, setup was a breeze. The Samsung Gear app in my Galaxy Note 5 picked up the S3 immediately and went through setting it up effortlessly. It was nice to see that I can toggle between my S2 and S3 settings by simply selecting the watch model from the dropdown in the top left corner of the app.
2) Even though the watch is fairly big at 46mm -- larger than my 42mm Movado Series 800 -- it didn't look large on my wrist. Maybe I was just prepared for the size, but the features on the watch like the rotating bezel, buttons, and screen are well balanced. Maybe the dark color helps but it didn't look or feel big on my slender wrist. By the way, that rotating bezel is awesome. I bet Apple wishes they had thought different!
3) The watch faces that came with it were pretty nice compared to the funky ones that the S2 had. I felt less of a compulsion to buy replacement ones, although if you pay a few bucks, there are a few good ones out there that are more functional than the stock watch faces.
4) The speaker on the watch rocks! I left it at the default loudness setting of 4 and I can hear calls perfectly. The maximum call volume is 6. I had my lady call me from the phone. She is very soft-spoken and I could hear her perfectly. You don't need to bring the watch close to your mouth to be heard clearly. For all other sounds, which are Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System, I left them set to 7. Maximum volume for those is 15. Again, the speaker is pretty loud for such a small device.
5) Answering or rejecting calls using voice works very well. I travel often to California, where stricter cell phone laws go into effect in January 2017. I'll be glad to have this baby on my wrist so that I can avoid tickets with my Inspector Gadget gear!
6) I haven't had a chance to test the altimeter, but the speedometer and GPS work very well. I tested them with the free Speedometer app and the speed matched that on my car dashboard. I love hiking, so it'll be interesting to see how well the technology works and whether an app ecosystem can grow out of those features.
7) The screen looks really clear and bright. I have brightness set to 6 and the screen is perfectly readable indoors and in direct sunlight.
8) I also tried the Sleep As Android app to test the S3's biometric sensors. Except for a short period when my phone couldn't get data, the app was able to collect sleep-related data the whole night. I don't think that I will track my sleep with the watch every night because of its size, although I bought a replacement strap for it that is very supple and sleeping with it wasn't too uncomfortable.
9) The S3 can let you control your favorite music app on your phone (music is routed through your phone speakers) or you can listen to tracks that are on the watch itself (music is routed through the watch speakers or through attached bluetooth headphones). Check out Spotify. The S3 now has a native Spotify app that frees you from having to interact with your phone. If you setup WiFi access and log into Spotify Premium from your watch, you can stream music directly to it without having your phone with you or powered on. This feature shows how the S3 is increasingly becoming a dependable device in its own right.
Now onto the reasons why I gave it 4 stars:
a) Maybe it's the size of the rotating bezel in this larger watch face, but it feels loose. There is a slight wobble on the S2, but if you tap the rotating bezel on the S3, you can actually hear it sound as if it is loose. Maybe they can make it a bit tighter in the next model.
b) The S Voice assistant is very rudimentary. In the age of Siri, Alexa and even Cortana, Samsung needs to catch up quickly with integrating AI into such an otherwise feature-packed watch! What's the point of cramming in so much processing power if one is left with only a glorified phone dialer? SVoice needs to get smart.
A few things that improved my experience with the S3:
- I got a comfortable watch strap that is perforated for breathability. The watch is pretty large, so I tried to make wearing it as comfortable as possible. A comfortable strap made from stretchy material also helps the watch hug your wrist if you are sleeping with it without being uncomfortable. Biometric sensors on the watch work best if they are closest to your skin.
- Speaking of biometrics, give the Sleep As Android app a try if you are concerned about the quality of sleep. It collects a fair amount of data, but to me the most important one was the "deep sleep" periods.
- Spotify for S3 frees you up from using your phone, but you do have to log onto an available WiFi and also have the Spotify Premium to make your S3 fully independent.
Notice that I didn't complain about the absence of good apps. That's because a great app marketplace doesn't happen overnight. Apple has dominated that space, but the Samsung Gear S3 has plenty of features that can be used creatively. Spotify is an example of native apps that can become big hits. I have even heard that the video chip on it can drive a 720p display! Imagine being able to screencast pictures or even video from a watch some day!! (The S3, by the way, only allows you to synchronize pictures and songs at this time; not video.)
If I find more cool things to do with it, I will come back and provide an update. I hope you found this information useful.
SOME OBSERVATIONS: The rotating bezel is the bomb. This greatly facilitates navigating watch menus, adjusting the volume of the speakerphone, etc. The display is crystal clear and visible even in the brightest sunlight. It doesn't have that annoying dead space at the bottom of the display. I was worried about having to push a button to activate the display, but no worries. Simply moving your wrist upwards to check the time is usually enough to turn the display on. At first I configured it to always have the display on but then discovered I really didn't need to. Next, charging the watch means placing it in a dedicated charging cradle. A magnet holds the watch in place, and charging is "wireless" from the cradle to the watch, although the charger itself is plugged in, of course. This process works well, but that means you can only charge it on the cradle (no directly attaching a cable). You can purchase another cradle to keep somewhere else, which is pretty handy. What about apps? Samsung has an increasing number of apps and watch faces you can download from their app store. There are some interesting ones like a simple navigation app that ties to the phone and even a weather radar. Many are free, but some of the watch faces have a nominal $1 or $2 fee. (The one in the picture is my current favorite) I love to switch these in and out. Fitness applications for the S3 may not be as robust as you would get through a dedicated fitness band but impressive enough for me nevertheless. My heart rate data, step count, and activity levels are logged backed to the Samsung SHealth app on my phone. It even records my sleep patterns and gives me a pretty decent summary of how much restful vs fitful sleep I've received.
COMPARISON WITH GEAR S2 CLASSIC: I've actually used both models, first getting a "certified refurbished" S2 to try out last year. I eventually returned it due to display issues, but really liked it otherwise. On the other hand, the S3 is a good bit bigger on your wrist, but has a much longer battery life. Both the S2 and S3 have an "always on" feature that displays a dimmer, less-colorful display in exchange for shorter battery life. The S3's always-on mode looks much better than the S2's. One big difference between the two is the S3's larger size and greater weight. Some reviewers complained about this. I even went as far as to make a paper-cut out template to gauge the size on my wrist. The end result is I took the plunge for the S3 and am glad I did even though the S2 is a now a good bit cheaper.
i'm in the loft and my phone is 6ft below me. Thank God I was wearing my new S3 and was able to call me wife to come out and help me down. I will never work out there without my phone and watch. Thank you Samsung for the great product.
Most recent customer reviews
To work. You can receive text,no sending.Read more