Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on January 20, 2014
I have always "dabbled" in photography, but never had a DSLR. A friend was so excited about this camera that I just had to check it out an am very glad that I did! eatures are great and the variety in lenses by Samsung is also very good. The camera has features that are too numerous to mention including being able to crop the picture right there on the camera make some image corrections and email it someone (through wifi). The camera is quite light and feels weird with the 50-200mm zoom lens zoomed in all the way. The amoled screen is to die for (but don't, you have too much to live for). One really nice feature is the wireless functions. I haven't tried with an iPhone yet but I have both a Samsung note3 and the 10.1 inch note tablet. You can use either as a remote viewfinder/shutter release and touch focus device! Now you can take a "proper" selfie! The camera creates it's own wifi network and you use the Samsung smart camera app. You see realtime video streamed from the camera and if you touch your phone it autofocuses the camera (very cool) and you can use the phone as a shutter release as well. You can also quickly and easily transfer pictures directly to your phone or tablet. I love shooting some pics then sending them to my note 10.1 tablet for viewing. Very convenient and the transfers are SUPER fast. You can also transfer pics from your phone to the camera but I'm not sure why you'd want to. I purchased the 30mm pancake lens which (like others) I have fallen in love with! it's a great "about town" fast lens with great low light performance. Although it isn't a zoom, you can crop your pictures and still retain some amazing detail (I was personally stunned with the cropped quality). It's my understanding that you don't need high megapixels if you're not printing very large pictures, but I think the pixel density really does make a difference for cropping pics. Extra batteries are cheap as is an external charger (get them as this thing seems to eat up batteries). Don't worry if you're just getting into this type of camera as it has a number of smart functions for figuring out what kind of shot you're taking so if you don't know your ISO from a hole in the ground don't worry about it. the camera does have a flash but it attaches to the hot shoe on top (no built in). it's super easy to check for the sharpness of the pic you just took by hitting the play button and double tapping the photo which zooms it about 7x (very useful to be sure you got a good shot and very quick to do).

By the way, if you have a Samsung phone for connecting to the camera make CERTAIN that your wifi function is NOT set to AUTO NETWORK SWITCH! Mine was turned on and what happened was the phone would find the camera's wifi network and immediately give an error message saying "internet connection is too slow" and drop the network again. I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung until I figured out the solution by myself (Samsung techs tried to help but they didn't understand the problem either). Go to your wifi setting on the phone and then hit the menu button on your phone and choose "advanced" and then clear the auto network switch checkbox. As soon as I did that, boom! the phone found the camera and connected flawlessly and quickly every single time.

I'm not 100% certain but I think if you email photos directly from the camera it compresses them, but if you send pics to your phone first, they are the original file size which you can then email from your phone.

for the money I just can't see anyone getting a better camera. That said, if you want to buy really good "glass" plan on spending more than the camera (but I think that's true of all DSLRs). The Samsung macro lens is like 500 bucks and their premier portrait lens (the 85mm primary) is like 800. So far I'm loving this camera and it has gotten me excited enough to start learning more about digital photography and learning how to take better pictures. If you take crappy pictures with this camera its going to be YOU not this camera!

BTW if you want something supertelephoto for like nature shots or stalking that woman who just won't return your calls (kidding, i'm kidding), something that you can goof around with without taking out a 2nd mortgage on your home you can get the Samyang (not Samsung) 500mm telephoto F8 (manual focus) lens with a 2x teleconverter to give you a 1000mm lens. It's basically like sticking a telescope onto your camera. It's only like 135 bucks here on amazon so don't expect to be taking sports illustrated cover photos at your next football game. I haven't received mine yet but i'll write a review after I get it. If you want a zoom lens that will work properly with the NX line of cameras Samsung's longest lens is the 50-200mm zoom which is nice and also affordable. There is rumor of Samsung planning a 70-400mm lens but that's all I've heard so far. This probably wasn't a helpful review for "Real" camera guys, but if you're stepping up from a point and shoot fixed lens camera I hope my review helped a bit. If you have other questions I'll try to answer as best I can. Happy shooting!

Update: you can't transfer pics from your phone to the camera (which didn't make sense anyhow). The camera let's you choose which pics to transfer from the camera to
The phone but you can select pics using either the camera screen or via the phone screen.
33 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2015
This camera is awesome! I used to have a Canon 7D, which I loved, but I had to sell it because money was tight. I eventually was able to buy this little camera and I love it! The LCD screen doesn't do the photos justice. I use Lightroom to process my photos and they look gorgeous on my computer. It has all the point-and-shoot features you could want (portrait, landscape, action shots, and even this one called beauty, where it automatically smooths out your skin). But it also has manual controls, which is perfect for me. I'm able to do 30-second exposures to get photos of the Milky Way and meteors. It's a very versatile and high-quality camera for this price point. I love that you can buy different lenses for it too. I haven't gotten any other lenses but I plan on buying the fish eye lens. I highly recommend this camera for people who like to take pictures as a hobby but may not want to spring for a high-end DSLR.
review image review image review image
on July 25, 2015
I bought this item when I saw it on Gizmodo Deals on sale, but it turns out that it wasn't that special of a price anyways. I ended up returning it because I was underwhelmed by the camera and its features.

I have the Sony NEX-5N, and expected this would be an upgrade. It was not in terms of image quality, which immediately diminished my respect for the device. While the interface is a slight upgrade to the Sony's, I also found it to be just as slow and not simple enough. It took more time than I was comfortable with to switch modes. The panorama mode took me several tries to figure out how to use, and when I looked at the stitched photo on my computer later, it was not stitched as well as my Sony's. While you can take individual frames and stitch them yourself, the whole point of having these features is to save you time and hassle.

I mainly shoot with Canon and Nikon DSLRs and my iPhone 6 Plus, occasionally using my Sony NEX-5N when I want something lighter. I just don't see the place for this Samsung for me. I shoot less and less on my DSLRs (I'm not a professional photographer, it's all just for fun) in favor of these lighter devices, especially connected to wifi and can edit and upload photos immediately. I think my ideal camera would be a mirrorless camera that runs iOS or Android and has a cellular or wifi connection. I'd download Snapseed or VSCO and be able to upload edited photos to Facebook/Instagram/etc immediately. I think Samsung has an Android camera, so I'll have to try that next.
on July 26, 2015
Wow. The NX300 is great. I like the light weight and the clean looks. The NX300 takes fine photos with the kit lens, but primes are awesome. I bought the adapter for the Pentax lenses. I have five primes from my from my 35mm shooting days. The photos are gorgeous and the colors are true. The drawback is the legacy glass is heavy relative to the camera. The quality far out weighs the heft of the primes. I enjoy setting the f stop and manual focus. Seems like the old days when I started photography, but much better results.

I bought this from Amazon on July 15th and got a great deal. This is worth every penny.

I have the Pentax 55mm f1.8 prime installed.
review image review image
on May 17, 2016
I was pretty happy with this camera as it was my first camera better than a smartphone. After 10 months of use it became more and more useless. I get an ERROR 00 sometimes when using it and it turns off. I contacted support and they requested that I update the firmware. I did that. After that update, when I turn off my camera, I can't turn it back on without taking out the battery. I've requested the camera to be serviced through Samsung (big pain trying to figure this out and having to speak with support). I told them I live in Los Angeles and the nearest facility to get it serviced was in New Jersey. Just say there's nothing near me and I'll mail it. If you don't have this problem, the camera is a pretty easy to use and you'll learn a lot from playing with the manual settings until you're ready to upgrade.
on January 17, 2015
the samsung nx300 is an amazing camera. why spend loads on a high end camera when you can get the power of samsung in your hands with this camera.

the sharp kit lense. Excellent high ISO performance. Retro chrome and leatherette styling. Tilting, touch screen display. built in wifi.. no shutter lag. supports 1080p60 video.. includes adobe lightroom.

this by far is the best camera for the price
on February 28, 2016
This camera takes excellent pictures. I bought the Samsung 30mm lens and the pcitures are crystal clear. The touchscreen is great to have especially to touch where you want it to focus. Wifi capabilities are a nice touch but I really don't use it as much as I thought as it's easier to take the SD card out and plug it in rather than transferring to the Samsung folder then moving the pictures to the folder I want.
on March 15, 2017
This was sold as a "new" camera. After sending it back an forth to be fixed, for over a year, we find out that the camera was refurbished and not new as listed. It was my son's first camera. He saved up for many years to buy it. He also lost videos that he spend many hours editing, and countless hours back and forth trying to get it fixed. Instead of owning up to the mistake, he's still getting a run around. Send this number, this invoice, this etc. etc. We want our money back and some compensation for the hassles we went through.
on August 9, 2015
what an incredible imager. Image couldn't posibly be clearer and better exposed. You need time to get use to all the functions though. lots of features in the menus, touch screen, and actual buttons..too many things to touch and tune that gets overwhelming and confusing like driving a car with three steering wheels.
Camera is very cool especially if you are already a fan of Samsung electronics. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Samsung LED smart TV the camera work with them perfectly. So many cool features and all your photos can be shared easily. It also comes with Adobe Lightroom to upload pictures easily. I would recommend this camera to anyone trying to buy a camera in the 400-600$ range