Samsung Gear IconX 2016 Cordfree Fitness Earbuds with Activity Tracker - Black - Discontinued by Manufacturer
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Truly cable-free design with comfortable, stabilizing ear gels to keep the headset where it belongs and a charging carrying case, for storage and charging when not in use
- Built-in 4GB music player for phone-free listening and Built-in Fitness Tracker and Heart Rate Monitor that allow you to share your data with your device
- Ideal for a workout session
- Coating for splash and sweat resistance.
- Compatible with 3rd party fitness apps. Please Note : Kindly refer the Instructional Video and the User Manual before use.
- Compatibility: Devices with at least 1.5 GB of RAM running Android 4.4 and above
- the Gear IconX wirelessly syncs to your Android smartphone and S Health or other third-party apps. iOS users can connect to Bluetooth and navigate touch controls
Buy this product as Renewed and save $83.53 off the current New price.
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Designed with fitness in mind, the Gear icon by Samsung is the perfect workout partner for the Active listener. With Gear icon, you'll enjoy superior audio in a totally cable-free Package that includes stabilizing, Wing tipped ear gels, a super-lightweight design and a Compact, Convenient charging case. Users can stream music directly from their phone, or use the Built-in music player and not have to worry about carrying their phone to the gym or on those long walks or runs. 4GB of on board storage allows them to store up to 1000 songs directly on the headset for autonomous, phone-free listening. Add this to the built in activity tracker and Heart rate monitor and take your workout to the next level.
Trouble Shooting Steps:
With a case that doubles as a charger, you can power your Gear IconX while it’s resting and launch into those extensive workout sessions without missing a beat. Play your music library up to 3.4 – 3.8 hours or stream for 1.5 – 1.6 hours without charging. Rechargeable cases refuels battery twice between charges. Earbud: 47mAh rechargeable li-ion, charging case: 315 mAh . Control with a touch Tap and hold to hear voice prompts guide you through Gear IconX’s functions from playing music and talking or rejecting calls to turning on the ambient sound mode. When you hear the function you need, lift your finger to activate it.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Yes, the battery life in stereo BT mode is barely 1 - 1.5 hrs. But get over it. Both buds have to build in a battery (and 4GB RAM, proc, and driver, etc) and still fit in your tiny ear!
- Battery improves to maybe 2 hrs if you use only one bud. Likely given with two buds they also have to sync the BT music stream between each other** And for safety's sake you only wear one bud when running or riding in public, right? ... right?
- The ambient sound is pretty cool when you want both buds but need to hear around you. But as you can imagine, it becomes worthless with wind noise on a windy day or if you are bike riding.
- **So the TOP frustration: Poor BT signal with my Galaxy S8 right nearby in either pocket. Movies, MP3, Samsung Health all skip and jump constantly. I can sit the phone within a foot of my head and it STILL inexplicably skips sometimes. Running in single bud mode when I ride does seem to work better (I assume less BT radio traffic going on) but not flawless even for a cutting-edge phone with BT v5 no less! I suppose it's pretty tough to to get a BT antenna working great from inside your ear despite what Hollywood shows you.
- Next frustration - I, too, get the "quiet bud" symptom everyone here complains about.. The only trick that seems to work for me is to put the "secondary" bud in first (the one NOT registered as the controlling bud), listen for the pairing sound, wait a few secs, then put in the controller bud. THEN both get equal sound level. Otherwise no measure of disconnect/reconnect seems to help this.
- Frustration #3 - You must leave these in the case or they pair as soon as taken out and start losing battery life. So no throwing just the buds in your shorts to avoid carrying the pillbox. You'll find the battery already down during your drive to the gym.
- Frustration #4 - Have to leave the pillbox on a charger at all times! Either the pillbox or the buds leak power even when not in use. You will find a dead pillbox and then dead buds if you leave the loaded pillbox OFF of a charger for more than a few days. I'm stumped why Samsung allowed this!
- Frustration #5 - Never remembers your bud or device media volume between uses. Not maintaining BT volume I get. But the Gear app should at least save you from changing the bud volume as well after each connection.
- Frustration #6 - It's easy to tap either button when readjusting the fit of the bud in your ear. But then again, not much surface area for a button so that is understandable. At least one touch just pauses music or video.
- Frustration #7 - These are much more awesome for pre-loaded MP3s because (nearly) ZERO skips and great fidelity! "Nearly" because they still have to BT sync the music thru your head between each other. But for the love of god why can't I download the MP3s I want for that workout of the day thru the Gear app on my phone? I have to find the pillbox and connect it to a PC's USB port then run their Windows app to d/l the MP3s from my PC. And on that note - Despite some of these flaws being fixable in firmware, Samsung has apparently only posted one update in the past few months despite lots of these bugs? And I can't update firmware over BT like my Gear 2 watch, either. I get no notification of updates, either. Have to periodically connect the pillbox, launch app, and check via app that firmware is up to date.
Do not buy.
I love Samsung and the product.
Do not buy!!
I bought this in 2016 and have used it very rarely and the performance of this product is terrible. Let me tell you what I like about this product. This product comes with a great case that has saved my butt from breaking these headphones. The two main problems with this product is connectivity!!! I use the product for about a minute and it gets disconnect. The left one gets disconnected the quickest and the right one is usually just by itself. I find myself trying to connect this product more than I listen to music. The second bad thing about thing is the terrible battery life.
What I love. The headphones fit great for me and the performance of the headphones themselves are good. The music sounds great and I love the design. Buy at your own risk but as of now I would recommend a newer model. Cheers mates