Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 26, 2016
This product is a junk. Amazon should stop selling. The drum cracked about 6 months after usage.
on June 24, 2013
Thump, thump, thump... oh shoot, look at all the other Samsung dryer owners that have heard the same sound and discovered a cracked drum weld. I have had my dryer for 14 months - out of warranty. Welcome to the club. So, after reading all of your "great" reviews, I thought... hmmm, perhaps ONE MORE squeaky wheel might help others in the future. I got on the phone with Samsung.

After being REALLY NICE explaining what the problem was and yes, I know it is out of warranty, the customer service agent asked if I would like to be transferred to the next level - EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Well, darn tootin' I do! So she did.

Again, I explained VERY NICELY that I was very disappointed in the product and the way Samsung was obviously NOT standing behind the quality of the dryer. She listened attentively and asked me to hold. After about 2 minutes she returned to say that there had been no recall on the item. Yes, I knew that also. She then said that the would HONOR THE WARRANTY - BOTH LABOR AND PARTS for this issue JUST THIS ONE TIME!!! She was very emphatic about it being a ONE TIME repair. Well, guess what I said? Uh huh, you betcha! So they are supposed to call and set up a time in the next couple of days. I then immediately called my husband and told him that his wife ROCKS! The second thing I did was write this review to (hopefully) help you guys.

Now, if it happens with a second drum, then Samsung has lost a customer, but in the meantime I just saved $400-800.

If you decide to go this route, PLEASE remember that the people that answer the phone are not the ones that make the rules, and honey goes a lot farther than sandpaper (or something like that.) Explain that you are giving feedback and hope that at some point Samsung fixes the issue and stands behind their product. I can't say whether you will get the results I did, but someone told me once that "90% of the things you don't get is because you just didn't ask."

Good luck!

BTW - the product still gets one star, but customer service now gets a few more...
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2012
I really liked the Samsung washer and dryer for the first couple years until my wife asked me to check the dryer the other night cause it sounded like a shoe was in the dryer. I inspected it and noticed a crack in the stainless steel drum in the seam of the weld towards the back of the drum. Called Samsung and got the standard it is out of warranty there is nothing we can do and there was no recall so too bad.

I spent a great deal more than I usually do on W/D and expected MANY years of trouble free service. Totally unacceptable product! Did a search online and what do you know others have the same problem. Talked to a service company and they said one part of the drum was $300 and there were numerous other parts also that went with the drum so no telling how much it would all cost?? And that was just parts no service to install! Also mentioned that another customer had the same problem!!

No more samsung appliances for me!!
1818 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2013
I bought my Dryer 20 months ago and suddenly it started making a noise like something rolling around inside.

After calling repair service they told me this has happened before to others.
I called Samsung and requested assistance with the repair bill which was quoted at 400.00. They have offered to fix the problem this one time for no cost to me since it is out of warranty. They are replacing the drum. Let's see how it goes.

I never expected to have an issue by purchasing what I thought was a good quality product.
1414 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 25, 2015
I wish I had the option of zero stars. What can I say - I have had Whirlpool dryers for years and years without any repairs. I had an LG dryer for 6 years with no repairs and we sold it when we moved to Florida and it was still working perfectly when we sold it. This dryer is just terrible. We knew something was wrong when it started making noise and fairly new clothes and towels were developing holes and tears but we did not suspect the dryer as having a defective drum. When it quit drying the clothes and we took the vent hose off and vaccummed the lint trap and hose vent and replaced the vent hose and everything was sparkling clean even though it was not very dirty to start with, it still would not dry the clothes. That is when I went on line to get information on that problem and discovered there might also be a problem with the drum. Of course it is out of warranty ! I have not called a repairman yet because we think it might be cheaper to buy another dryer than to repair this one and have it last only 1.5 - 2.5 years like all the others in this review. Shame on Samsung for selling such a defective product in my opinion. They should recall all of these defective drums immediately but that does not look like it is going to happen. I can tell you, this is the last Samsung product I will ever buy. I did not purchase this on Amazon. I bought it at a big box store.
on October 22, 2015
This is the first time I have posted a negative review -

I bought a DV350AEW/XAA dryer - Approx 4 years ago. noticed it had been making an odd for a few months - thought it was an uneven load - I use it a modest amount every other week (2-3x a month) with light loads back to back. I noticed a sound like an uneven load or a tennis shoe
in the dryer getting worse. Probably over 4 years 800-1200 total uses - given I do not use it every week (a day every other week 3-4 loads light usually). Works great at drying

I looked in and rolled the drum manually and found a crack and hole at the edge of the drum causing the sound.
Called samsung support and they indicated it was out of warranty and I asked for local service center. Something in the tone of the service center didn't sound right so After explaining problem and what I found they indicated it would cost approx $350-450 to fix including labor.

I google the drum and model number and SEVERAL COMPLAINTS came up with drums broken within 6 mo and several time over within a few months. Called Samsung back following advice of other posters and could not budge past service rep and her supervisor - the executive complaint dept was Overwhelmed with calls. There is a youtube video posted by someone with the same kind of crack in the drum and several complaints as well.

I will resolve it myself - they will send a tech out I will pay for and if he deems it a defect they will escalate it. I have an engineering background and can tell them safely I seriously doubt they will find a defect ( what will he bring along with an electron microscope or take a sample for metallurgic testing - PLEASE).

I have several samsung products but I would research carefully their appliances - SINCE they are new in this field and google their products for defects before buying anything in the appliances. I would stay away from them for now - too many posts with the problems,

Additionally if your Samsung is Making a Noise like a shoe is in it every rotation - look for a crack as you manually roll it. My concern is if lint gets into the space of the drum and cabinet with the heat generated can cause a fire from the heat. Not sure if they improved on the design of the drum and whether I care to try it out. My old ones were solid should not have replaced them.

Thanks for all the other posts on this topic.
review image
on June 28, 2013
I purchased this dryer in November 2011. In June 2012 I had a cracked drum. It was still under warranty at the time and it was replaced for free. It would have cost me $353.00 otherwise. Well guess what? The dryer is going thump, thump, thump again and there is a huge crack in the drum again! I called Samsung and the customer service rep said she could send someone out to fix it. I said I wanted it fixed for free. She transferred me to Executive customer service and they said they would oover it just this one time. I am satisfied they are paying for it again but I wonder if I am going to have the same problem again in 12 months! Do not buy this dryer.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 30, 2015
I would highly recommend that you stay away from any Samsung dryers.

I purchased our DV350AEW at the end of 2010. I guess I was one of the "lucky" ones, as I managed to get 4 years out of our dryer before we saw the drum cracking issue. Most have seen it in 18-36 months. If you google Samsung cracked dryer drum, you will find TONS of posts about this issue. For 99.9% of the people, including myself, Samsung has refused to acknowledge the issue and/or provide any sort of assistance. I asked them, point blank, "have you fixed this issue?". The reply is that they do not have any record of this being an issue. Just google it and YOU be the judge of whether or not it is an issue.

I find it completely unbelievable that a company as big as Samsung refuses to stand behind their products when there is a manufacturing defect and/or design flaw that is extremely well documented. The fact that they attempt to blatantly LIE about the existence of a problem is utterly insane. You can even see that Consumer Reports has acknowledged the fact that an overwhelming number of customers have complained of this issue.

There are plenty of other more reliable brands out there. Do not get suckered into buying a Samsung dryer. You may think you are getting a good deal, but you will be kicking yourself just a few years down the road.
review image
on April 15, 2016
Yup! Cracked drum on this new unit and Samsung basically taking no accountability. Huge fire hazard...... we found a sock wedged in the crack (which is located along the seam of the dryer drum) and it smelled of burning. We have tried to file a liability claim with Samsung only to be given the run around and told someone would call us. Guess what? Never a call back. I filed a complaint on UL which I urge everyone to do having the same issue. So disappointing. We are pregnant with twins and can't afford to buy a new dryer right now (certainly wasn't planning on having to since this unit is essentially new). I will now be avoiding all Samsung appliances from here on out. Customer service is awful and clearly so is their quality. Clearly this was a manufacturer defect as the crack is along the seam of the drum. Just waiting for a class action lawsuit to start so we can get compensated. It's so wrong that a company can charge so much for a unit and refuse to back up the quality. We should not have to buy a new major appliance like this every 3 years. So bummed.
review image review image review image
on April 6, 2013
15 months old, drum is cracked and Samsung says tough luck. I have the DV350AE model. I also bought a Samsung Color laser that was bad out if box and they wanted to replace it with refurbished model with 2 week lead time. I will stay away from all Samsung products now, extremely poor customer service!