Samsung DeX Pad Desktop Experience for Samsung Galaxy Note8, GS8, GS8+, GS9, and GS9+ W/Fast Charge USB-C Wall Charger (US Version with Warranty)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Built in fan to keep your phone cool while docked
- Multiple connection ports: 2 x USB-A 2.0, USB-C charging, HDMI output, Includes Fast Charge wall charger, USB-C cable and HDMI cable
- Fast charging is available when Fast Charge mode is selected and using provided wall charger and cables. If a non-Samsung or Samsung charger below 15 W (9 V, 1.67 A) is used, DeX Pad may not operate or may be damaged.
- US Version includes: Fast Charge Wall Charger, USB-C Cable, HDMI Cable, and Quick Start Guide
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Dock your smartphone into the DeX Pad
Use your compatible Galaxy smartphone to navigate on your connected external monitor.*
*Monitor & keyboard sold separately.
Built in cooling fan
Keeps your phone cooled while docked.
DeX optimized app collection
Many apps have been modified for optimal use in DeX mode. The list of apps is expanding every day, including commonly used apps by Microsoft, Adobe and Google.
Multiple connection ports:
- 2 x USB-A 2.0
- USB-C charging
- HDMI output
Fast charge your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ while you work
Stay productive wherever business takes you.
Work in multiple documents at once
Toggle between apps easily. Drag and drop between windows.
Samsung DeX enables you to turn your Galaxy smartphone into a true desktop computing experience*. By docking your smartphone into the DeX Pad, your phone will launch a special DeX mode on the connected external monitor and applications can be opened in multiple separate windows. Connect a mouse or keyboard for added productivity or even use your phone screen as a touchpad. *DeX is compatible with Galaxy S8, Galaxy Note8 and later models of the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series
Showing 1-8 of 118 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having used Motorola docks in the past and been underwhelmed this is what we've been promised.
Enable Dex labs. Use a USB C extension cable and this is awesome.
Video performance was like a really good laptop with my Note 8.
The dock is light and easy to use carry in a bag or backpack.
Works well with keyboards and mice.
1. some cases may not be feasible for use with this apparatus because nothing more latches the phone to the pad, so phone cases that are bigger, and also dont for on that concave bezel rest, will feel the phone move on the pad... thus disconnecting the phone.
2. 85% of my app list "works" on Dex mode. to clarify, Social media apps will open, operate, and interact in the Dex mode but the window in which it opens up is just about 25% bigger than what's on the Galaxy s9 plus, it's not horrible though.
- As for the 15% that doesn't work, that would be my games that aren't supported like Clash of Clans. but GREAT news, games like Car Mechanic Simulater works like a charm!
Pros: (keep your head up, this device is promising)
1. fully-compatible apps like all Microsoft 365 mobile apps are converted to look like Windows-like software, it's absolutely amazing. I cant exxpres how much I wanted this to work. this is the highlight, because you can save progress, keep it on your phone, edit on the go, and use it in dex mode when you need a desktop experience.
2. Samsung pre-installed apps like email, gallery, etc. come (as anticipated) fully functional (and able to operate in full-screen mode) just like pro #1. its utility apps like the ones listed that makes this Dex Pad cool. So it feels like a Desktop.
3. Mouse/Keyboard compatibility: yes, I specifically use a USB enabled mouse with a Bluetooth enabled Keyboard, which works in Dex mode (also in standard mobile mode but its good to know things dont change.) the reason this is ideal (one USB medium and one Bluettoth medium) is because the Dex Pad only has 2 USB ports. so if you have both USB mouse and Keyboard, you will have no room to fit a external storage Or Flash drive. KEEP THAT IN MIND. but by all means, power to you for whatever you use.
5. Resolution Range: the Dex Pad actually allows you to pick the best fit Resolution, unlike its predecessor, you can go all the way to 4K or in Samsungs world QHD+ I believe.
Dex pad lacks where it shows most however. Some major, common apps do not work in Dex mode: Netflix, Prime Videos. Prime Videos does not work at all, and Netflix launches small and cannot be expanded into full screen. YouTube works fine with adjustable window, but other elements in the YouTube are displayed in a very counterintuitive way: thumbnails are over sized, thumb up and down buttons do not show up, contents of comments do not always show. There's lots of work to be done still.
I have not tried out any productivity apps.
4/5 stars because it's the only brand I know of with a device that allows some kind of desktop mode, which has proven very useful to me since I lost internet at home and have been relying on it for YouTube and Twitch. I really wish Netflix and Prime videos would work too.
Although, I use a standard desktop computer at home, it will come in handy at hotel rooms when traveling, as the hdmi cable hook-up connection allows you to plug into a hdmi tv.