Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 174 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 187 reviews
on December 31, 2012
I have used the Galaxy Tab for over a year now and love the product. I travel a lot for work and am able to watch movies and TV shows on the plane to pass the time. Adding the Samsung HDTV adapter now allows me to enjoy this content at the hotel as well. Most modern rooms provide an HDTV hookup for the TV and by using the Samsung HDTV adapter with a short cable I can play any of my media through the room's TV.

The only negative thing I can say about the adapter is that you'll need to have the charger attached when using it as the product cannot be powered by the Galaxy Tab directly. I guess it would severely drain the battery so the charger makes sense. Other than that I have been thrilled with the HDTV adapter and would recommend it to anyone who owns a Samsung tablet.
on June 20, 2012
In no way is this a criticism of the device, but if you are wondering if this device might work with your 7" Galaxy Tab 2, at the moment the answer would appear to be no. If this changes, I'll try to remember to update this, but frankly, I think it is unlikely to be supported.

I hope this information is useful to someone.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
Adapter works with my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (model 5113), no problems. It's a shame you can't find these adapters in the stores (I couldn't find it at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Office Max or Office Depot), but even if you could, the price would probably still be better on Amazon. yeah, it's a bummer that you have to have the HDMI cable and the charger cable hooked in at the same time for the adapter work, but once you get some longer cables, it is not really that big of a deal. Plus it charges your tablet at the same time!
88 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2013
Compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (model # GT-P5113). Requires connection to the power adapter that charges the tablet (no big deal to me). The 30-pin connector of this HDTV adapter is to be connected with the tablet; the other end is for the HDMI cable connecting to the TV; there is a female 30-pin slot (the product picture does not show as it's on the other side of the adapter) for the power source.

Watch out though as mentioned somewhere including Samsung.com that this adapter is NOT compatible with the Galaxy Tab 7.0.

To my surprise, this adapter, at least the adapter that I received, is made in Korea! I thought it would be made in China (just my quality concern).
1414 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2013
Works fine with my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet connected to a Samsung 32" HD TV. I get full-screen resolution on the TV and the picture looks great! Sound shuts off from the tablet and plays (in stereo) directly through the TV speakers as I had expected. Be sure when you are hooking this up to the tablet that you also connect the power adapter as it suggests in the product pamphlet.
To date I have only tested with a couple short videos (10-min's or less) and some screen apps on the tablet. The only concern I have so far is that the adapter felt slightly warm after that short amount of use. I will test this setup later during the weekend, using a full-length movie or two, to make sure that the unit does not heat up more than that during longer playing times.
All in all, I am very pleased so far with this product. It does everything I expect it to (and it arrived sooner than I expected).
on March 24, 2013
Note..this only works with the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT5113 US Wireless only Tablet, does not work with the GT5100 or GT5110 series Tab's for some reason.
on May 19, 2015
Absolute disaster of an expensive adapter that does not even work with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 or 10.1. I have no idea what the use of this thing is even though the connector is proprietary for the Galaxy Tab 2. Will NOT display anything on any TV despite being "hooked up" correctly. I hear there is another Adapter (EPL-NPHBKG) that should work with the Galaxy Tab 2 but the cost of that one soared through the roof and I refuse to spend over $100 on a piece of plastic and wire joke. That one may no longer be available at the time of this writing either. Lesson Learned.
on September 20, 2013
Problem with honestly on the Seller's part

The name of the Seller (Dependable Resource) was less than adequate in their commitment. The only reason I chose to purchase from this outfit was based on their 99% satisfactory review from past Customers. The delivery came on time, but to my surprise there was no Samsung adapter in the box, just the manual. The package was not tampered with or the seal was not broken to indicate a possible problem with shipping. So I have to believe there was no adapter in the box to begin with. And if I could tell the envelope was a bit on the light side before I opened it, couldn’t the packaging person do the same. I was unhappy with the service. I returned the empty box and I am currently waiting for a refund. I ending up using another Vendor to ship my product which it came yesterday without fault.
on February 1, 2013
After reading other reviews that this adapter didn't work on other Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 models, I didn't actually think this would work. But from the first time we plugged it in to the tab (already had the adapter plugged into power & HDMI cable plugged into TV & adapter), everything worked fine! The picture is slightly cut off on the edges and I did notice the picture skips/is out of sync on rare occasions. However, I am very happy to have a working adapter! I was getting very bummed out about my Galaxy Tab, since it seemed like I couldn't find many if the Samsung accessories at an affordable price in stores or even online. One of the primary things I wanted to do with the tab was to hook it up to the TV to get movies & shows off of the google play store.

I thought the adapter did not display images in 1080 because of the skipping and occasional pixelated image, but another reviewer indicated it may be from the transmission of the images through the adapter and displaying the picture for the TV screen.
on May 30, 2013
This thing works great I have long since given up on cable/satellite Netflix, Amazon streaming, several others and a antenna for local stations. Works so well with the Galaxy Tab 2 WiFi GTP 5113 bought another for the other television. Do your research if it fits your model. It is hard sometime here scrolling accessories some detail are really lacking