|Hard Drive||750 GB|
Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 750GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE750BW
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Highest-quality components and engineering from the No.1 memory manufacturer
- Worry-free data security with AES 256-bit full-disk encryption
- No moving parts means no hard drive spin ups, no noise and superior data protection
- An innovative lightweight design that allows you to work smarter and play longer
- Sequential Read Speed 540 MB/Sequential Write Speed 520 MB/ Random Read Speed 98K / Random Write Speed 90K
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Upgrading your PC with a Samsung SSD is the most economical way to breathe new life into an aging PC. The 840 EVO reads, writes and multi-tasks at incredible speeds, enhancing boot-up speed, application loading and multi-tasking performance. It's more than an upgrade, it's a complete transformation of your PC.
From the Manufacturer
With upgrades to NAND, a new controller and firmware, the 840 EVO features the latest technology, while providing class leading responsiveness under everyday workloads, enhancing boot-up, application loading, and multi-tasking performance. Its 98K IOPS powers performance that is up to 10X faster than a regular HDD. And, Samsung's TurboWrite technology delivers dramatically faster sequential write performance. This 840 EVO has a storage capacity of 750 GB and comes with software for easy installation.
TurboWrite technology delivers dramatically faster sequential write speeds, boosting overall PC performance.
All components are designed and produced by Samsung.
TurboWrite for Faster Performance
Samsung TurboWrite technology uses an innovative write acceleration algorithm and a high-performance write buffer to dramatically boost the sequential write speeds for overall improved performance.
RAPID Mode for Efficient Data Caching
The 840 EVO includes Samsung Magician software with RAPID mode--an innovative DRAM caching enhancement which boosts PC performance by using idle DRAM as an ultra-fast buffer that improves system performance over time as the drive optimizes to your tasks.
Encryption Technology to Secure Your Data
The 840 EVO features Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) technology to encrypt your data and help keep your personal files secure. Because the technology is hardware-based, it eliminates performance degradation that can occur in software-based encryption.
Sleek, Sophisticated Design
At only 7 millimeters thick and weighing just 2 ounces, the 840 EVO Series SSD features a sleek, lightweight design. The stunning brushed aluminum design emphasizes luxury and refinement, but is durable enough to protect your data from loss due to shock, dust and corrosion.
All of the components of the 840 EVO are designed and manufactured by Samsung to ensure optimal quality, performance, and lifespan.
Included Software for Smooth Installation
This 840 EVO includes Samsung Data Migration software, which makes it simple to migrate your data, applications, and operating system from your hard disk drive to the SSD. In addition, Samsung Magician gives you all the tools to monitor, manage, and maintain your new SSD.
Easier-Than-Ever Upgrade Tools
Samsung's One-stop Installation Navigator provides a comprehensive guide for software installation, data migration, and hardware setup. The simple Samsung Data Migration software supports a powerful and unique "Custom Cloning" feature that simplifies the transition to your new SSD.
What's in the Box
Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Samsung One-Stop Installation Navigator software, Samsung Data Migration software, and Samsung SSD Magician software.
840 EVO Series 750 GB SSD (Single Unit Version)
At a Glance:
- Optimized to improve everyday PC productivity, including web-browsing, email, multimedia, and gaming
- Quieter and more shock-resistant than a traditional HDD
- Samsung's TurboWrite write acceleration technology offers significantly faster write speeds
- Ultra-fast data buffering with Samsung RAPID technology
- AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption to protect files
- 100 percent genuine Samsung memory components
- Included software helps you install the SSD and safely and simply migrate your data
Available in capacities up to 1 TB (see chart below).
|Samsung 840 EVO Series Solid State Drives|
|Capacity||120 GB||250 GB||500 GB||750 GB||1 TB|
|Type of Drive||Solid State Drive (SSD)|
|Form Factor||2.5-inch (Reduced 7mm z-height for use with ultraportables and netbooks)|
|For Use With||Desktop and laptop PCs (including ultraportables and netbooks)|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gbits/s (backwards compatible with SATA II 3Gbits/s and SATA I 1.5Gbits/s)|
|Random Read Speeds**||94K IOPS||97K IOPS||98K IOPS|
|Sequential Read Speeds||540 MB/s|
|Sequential Write Speeds||410 MB/s||520 MB/s||520 MB/s||520 MB/s||520 MB/s|
|Controller||3-Core Samsung MEX Controller|
|Type of NAND Flash||1xnm Samsung Toggle DDR 2.0 NAND Flash Memory (400 Mbps)|
|Type of Cache||256 MB Samsung LPDDR2||512 MB Samsung LPDDR2 SDRAM||1 GB Samsung LPDDR2 SDRAM|
|Dimensions||0.27 by 2.75 by 3.94 in. (H x W x D)|
** 4K Random Read (QD32)
Top Customer Reviews
This drive comes with data migration software, which is a real plus. It doesn't include the USB to SATA adapter that the installation guide implies that you need, but if you're upgrading a desktop, there's a far better method you can use:
1. Install the data migration software from the CD onto your existing hard drive.
2. Shut down your system.
3. Open the PC's case.
4. Remove the data cable from your SATA optical drive and plug it into the new SSD.
5. Plug a spare power connector into the SSD (you can use the one from the optical drive if necessary).
6. Re-start your system.
7. Shut down everything that starts automatically (you can't migrate open applications).
8. Start the data migration software--it will find the SSD and transfer the files at full speed (a lot faster than using USB).
I used an Anker USB 3.0 to SATA adapter also purchased from Amazon to clone the main drive (this laptop has 2) and the entire job took approximately 30 minutes. The data migration software that came with the drive worked effortlessly. I'm no computer wiz by any stretch and was a little apprehensive about doing something like this but the software took over and did a fantastic job cloning the drive.
The software that comes with the drive gives you all sorts of latitude as to how you want the drive to work and really makes the whole process easier than it should be!
If you feel the need for speed, Samsung has the drive to get you there fast!
Believe it or not, I never considered checking my "Windows Experience" index until today. Prior to the installation, my lowest score (index) was 5.4 which was the actual (disk) drive. I just ran the index for the first time with the SSD installed and the index is now 7.2. The drive? 7.9!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Now, 4 months later the hard drive won't respond in any way.
BIOS won't recognize it.Read more