Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card with Adapter up to 48/MB/s (MB-MP64DA/AM)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

24,608
Capacity: 64 GB|Style: MIcro SD w/ Adapter|Change

on June 3, 2015
I did much research into these cards before purchasing, especially since I read so many issues about counterfeits and foreign scams. These cards seem to be a popular one for fakes, and though so many people reported receiving them, I decided to make the purchase and work it through. I purchased 3 of these cards in 32GB capacity, and researched their authenticity. The following information with included photos is from my own personal research, including direct communication and discussions with Samsung.

Packaging:
One of the first issues pointed out about these cards when they are fakes is the packaging. Some have reported receiving packaging with a Samsung Galaxy phone on the cover while the real one is supposed to be a tablet. I will caution anyone purchasing these cards and jumping to a quick conclusion on the packaging alone: Samsung displays 2 product images on their website for these cards, one including the adapter and one without, and the one without the adapter displays a Galaxy phone while the one with the adapter displays a tablet (ref: http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras-accessories/MB-MP32DA/AM).
I purchased the Micro-SDHC with adapter and my packaging displayed a tablet in the users hand in the image.

Further notes by users have pointed out that English is not the primary language on the packaging. On all 3 packages in my order, this was the case, as Chinese was the first language followed by an English translation. Additionally, the barcode on the back was covered with a sticker labeling the item description, model, and an identification number I can assume is only for inventory purposes. In the United States these cards are model MB-MP32DA/AM. Beneath the stuck on barcode, however, the model on the actual packaging is MB-MP32DA/CN. After researching this, under an assumption of what the model code identified, I was able to conclude that the cards I received are for the Chinese market. Physically and operationally they are no different. The packaging, though, was labeled to be sold in an Asian retail market, which is why the model is wrong for the United States. Europe also has a different code based on region for sale.
The seller of the cards, or whoever prepared them for sale in the US must have printed the sticker to place over the barcode. This does not affect the use of the cards, and will not affect the ability to receive service on them, customer service or warranty wise, should it be necessary.

Physical Cards:
The physical cards typically appear different if they are fakes, and there are variances among fakes, though the primary indicator is the country stamped on the back. Authentic cards will have the country of manufacture printed as Korea as the bottom line, preceded by 3 lines, the first a non-regional model ID (MB-MP32D), and the next 2 lines a lot or production ID and a serial number. Non-genuine cards will either exclude a country of origin or it will be Taiwan, Japan, China, etc... They will also not include the rest of the authentic information. If you receive the model with the adapter, the adapter will be printed as Made in China, and this is also printed on the packaging beneath the original barcode.

For the design, the back will be a semi-gloss black and the edges will be white on the authentic cards and the fronts will be a very vivid white and orange combination. The adapters will be white and gray, in a matte-like finish. Some fakes have been reported as having a red tint to them and others have black edges or different backs. To further authenticate the appearance you can review some photos and reports provided here: http://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/504/Samsung-microSD-Memory-Cards.html.

Two of the cards I received had identical serial numbers on them and some users have reported that as being a way to identify the fakes. I actually called Samsung and went through an extensive phone call discussing the various design choices and markings on the cards. The serial numbers printed on the cards are not unique and it is entirely possible to receive 2 with the same numbers. Apparently it depends more on location, time, and date of manufacture of the card.

Furthermore, during this phone call I discussed the model numbers and packaging language, which is how I verified the retail market these cards were packaged for. According to Samsung, they used to ask for packaging for warranty or service, but to to online sales they no longer do. The fact that my card packaging was for an Asian retail market will make no difference in my ability to acquire support, as they pay attention to the non-regional model number printed on the card.

Performance:
Beyond just the phone call and online research into these cards, I ran them through 2 capacity tests for authenticity of the suggested sizes. First, without getting too deep into technical details, a 32GB card, once formatted, will not have a complete 32GB of storage space available. It's completely normal to be somewhere between 28-30GB. Some fakes, however, modify the cards to report a fraudulent amount of capacity that can only be verified by running through these tests. I used H2TestW and RMPrepUSB (QuickTest option) to authenticate the amount of the cards and both tests verified stated capacity. H2TestW leaves the files on the card and requires you to wipe while RMPrepUSB has a QuickTest option that is faster and removes the data upon completion, which is a little nicer.

I also did speed tests, and while results will vary, running numerous tests will yield an average. Instead of printing out a table here, just know that the tests I performed were fairly equivalent to those others posted and only slightly slower in some tests than what I was able to achieve with a similarly matched Sandisk card.

Conclusion:
As mentioned, I researched these cards extensively and wanted to pass along the additional information. I know others have reported on their fakes as well, but I have seen numerous users jumping to conclusions about receiving fakes just on the packaging being primarily Chinese or the barcode being covered. If you receive a card that appears otherwise authenticate, if not for the Chinese packaging, it probably is authentic and you will be covered for warranty and customer service. Test the capacity and if it checks out, you are fine. If it doesn't say Korea on the back, however, go ahead and assume it's non-genuine and replace it.

From a performance standpoint, these cards are more than worth the cost. They are not the fastest cards out there, but their durability and performance and perfectly acceptable for the majority of applications. I have had other name-brand cards fail on me as of recently, after only a short period of time, so I am happy to be having better luck with others. Should these encounter a similar fate, however, I will be updating this review.
review image review image review image review image
3232 comments| 1,480 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2015
Ordered my first card (from Amazon LLC themselves, not marketplace); came with no adapter; eh, no biggy. Packaging coloring was a bit faded, and the back of the packaging was in Chinese first, then English. Huh.

Then when I tried to move files into it, it wouldn't take anything more than about 10GB. Photos would be randomly corrupted, and entire folder contents mysteriously vanishing/being deleted (but the folder itself still intact). Also had extremely slow performance; reformatting took 6+ hours!
These are signs of a bootleg card.

Asked for a replacement, and when I got it, wow the packaging was different.
The replacement had:
Front:
-Came with an actual adapter
-The printing is more vibrant, and the big picture in the middle is a thicker sticker than the first card.
-The picture is a tablet, versus a phone on the first card.

Back:
-Correctly labeled as MicroSD XC for a 64GB card on the top right of the back, not MicroSD HC on first card.
-"Ideal choice for premium smartphones and tablets".
-English durability text.
-English-first product description text; no Chinese at all.
-10 year warranty instead of 5.
-Recycling/disposal symbols arranged differently.
-The card is MADE IN KOREA.
-The barcode has more information.

Wow get your stuff together Amazon, what the heck?? How did this get in your supply??
I really don't want to start buying electronics from big box retailers for guaranteed genuine items but this is actually the THIRD time in a row I've gotten a bad card from Amazon (it was a Sandisk before this one), and I'm suspecting the one before was a fake now too since it exhibited the exact same symptoms.

Hope this helps anyone out there and took look out of you get these.
review image review image review image review image review image
130130 comments| 2,710 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2014
This is a very fast card, particularly suited to not only transferring files quickly but also running as a phone or tablet card for applications as well.

In phones and tablets one of the most important things is not just the transfer speed but also the IOPs that the card can deliver. Many class 10 cards have great transfer speeds but terrible and I mean terrible IOPs, often a 5 year old card easily out performs them in IOPs.

This card delivers in both areas, fast class 10 transfer speeds 23mb read, 15mb write but also 482 write IOPs and 1668 read IOPs.

That's IOP speeds that are slower than an SSD but way faster than a hard disk. Bare in mind that some class 10 cards give 4 write IOPs and you can see why I'm impressed. The only card I have seen outperform it in IOPs it the SanDisk Extreme Pro and they are seriously expensive and not available in 64gb. Testing against the third SanDisk I have, a 32gb ultra, is almost funny as the ultra only gives 15 write IOPs under the same conditions, making this card 30 times faster.

What does this mean for normal use, well it translates into an excellent general purpose card, that even if it doesn't have the official fastest transfer speeds will actually perform much better in the real world. Which is why its getting such rave reviews on here for speed (so long as you get a genuine one!)

This was tested in my Dell Venue 8 tablet using the built in card reader. For the techies (if you've got this far then I assume you are)I am actually using it to run Server 2012 virtual machines in VMWare workstation and the performance is surprisingly good, I would even call it snappy!

Full Crystalmark disk scores below.

Sequential read 23.66mbs write 16.03 mbps
512kb random read 23.25mbs write 15.67 mbps
4k random read 6.40mbps write 1.850 mbps
4k random qd32 6.65mbs write 1.92 mbps

Parameters 5 iterations 1000mb sample size.

Tested on the 64gb Samsung Evo microsdhc.
1212 comments| 792 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Capacity: 32 GB|Style: MIcro SD w/ Adapter|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Summary - performs very well compared to Sandisk, which tend to consider the gold standard for microsd card performance and stability.

I tested with 64bit CrystalDiskMark and it's very close in performance. The Samsung writes a little faster but reads a bit slower. As a rough metric I combine the read/write speeds, since you usally need to do both to transfer data - the Samsung is 40 while the Sandisk is 44 about 10% faster overall. If you're using this for a video camera, then the write speed is more important and the Samsung outperforms the Sandisk.

As far as long term stability of the card, I've had a lot of off-brand cards and even after several years I've yet to have a failure, so I'd imagine the Samsung is every bit as good as the "no-name" cards.

>>>Samsung EVO Class 10

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 3.217 MB/s [ 785.5 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.390 MB/s [ 339.3 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 3.073 MB/s [ 750.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.419 MB/s [ 346.5 IOPS]
88 comments| 555 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 3, 2015
I just got my Samsung SD card from this specific manufacturer. I did some research and noticed the SD card sent to me is a fake. Please be aware this SD card is made in Korea authentically not Taiwan! This SD card says it has a 32gb of space but my computer reads 8gb of space. Pay attention! This manufacturer needs to be shut down and don't be fooled. Research before buying. They deserve no stars. I took a picture of the fake. If your SD card looks like this, you have a problem. Remember to research first.
review image
1010 comments| 360 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2015
I spend the same as enrique e.
hope you do not tell me the same thing that is warranted for 10 years and to call samsung

These are signs of a bootleg card.

Asked for a replacement, and when I got it, wow the packaging was different.
The replacement had:
Front:
-Came with an actual adapter
-The picture is a tablet, versus a phone on the first card.

Back:
-"Ideal choice for premium smartphones and tablets".
-English durability text.
-English-first product description text; no Chinese at all.
-10 year warranty instead of 5.
-Recycling/disposal symbols arranged differently.
-The card is MADE IN KOREA.
-The barcode has more information.

Hope this helps anyone out there and took look out of you get these.
review image review image
22 comments| 236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
READ THIS BEFORE BUYING ANY MEMORY CARD OVER 32GB!!!

Good to keep in mind when buying a memory card for phone or computer:

Newer sd/micro sd memory cards that are bigger than 32gb DO NOT run on the traditional memory system of FAT32 which many devices (like windows and blackberry) mostly used until the year 2012.
Rather these bigger sized cards run on an upgraded system called exFAT which many devices do not recognize yet.

So if you buy a micro sd card for your bb/iphone/galaxy/etc. Make sure that if the memory card is over 32gb, that your device can handle it (see following link). Otherwise just stick with 32gb card or lower. For use on a computer (windows/Mac), you can upgrade the computer software to run exfat and then use the card on your computer.

All explained simply and in short over here of how to tell what works with which memory cards:

[...]

Click here for a link to update your windows 7/vista/xp or Mac software to recognize exFat:
[...]

You can also just convert the card from exFat to Fat32 using the "SmartDisk Fat32 format utility" could help.

This info could/will save you lots of trouble.
[...].

Have a wonderful day :)
1515 comments| 719 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2014
After adding about 8GB of music, the micro SD card got so hot melted the adapter. I tried inserting it into my phone, hope it did not affect it.
review image review image
44 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 20, 2014
Nothing but issues from the start. Let me start this off by saying I am using this in my Verizon LG G3. I've been using my Sandisk 32gb micro SD for years. Never had an issue. With this, the issues started right away.

So I transfer all of my music, pictures, back ups, and files to this new SD card. Working perfectly fine. Until I try to mount it in my phone. Unreadable or corrupted. Oh well, I'll just format it. It could have been some of my files. So I lose all my files, format it, and it's working. I download more music, add more files, it's working perfectly fine for a day or two.

Until I wake up and try to play an album. The album doesn't play and I check my SD card. Lo and behold, all of my files were deleted. I did not touch the thing at all. The folders are still there, but nothing is in them. Hmm that's strange. I plug it into my computer, and the files still are not there. So it wasn't a false positive.

Once again, I download all my music. This time from my computer because I backed it up and was smart knowing how unpredictable this was. This time it works for a week. No issues at all. Until I try to remove it from my phone. I remove it. Add some files from my computer, put it back in and my phone reboots. Hmm, that's strange. It starts again and reboots, and reboots, and reboots. I take the SD card out and it's working fine. My phone boots up like normal. Put it back in, and it reboots endlessly. It's stuck in a bootloop.

Okay, maybe it's just my files. Maybe something is corrupted and causing this bootloop. So I transfer all the files to my old Sandisk Micro SD. Put it in my phone, and what do you know? It works. Perfectly.

Now it's just sitting on my shelf. Not being used because I cannot find the reason why it is causing me all these problems. Maybe I got a lemon, but honestly I'm fed up with this. I bought this seeing all the reviews praising it and I've been very disappointed.
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
After my phone's internal storage was entirely depleted by all my media files, I needed a way to expand it's capacity. I've never bought an SD card for my phone until now and I really wish I bought this when I first got my phone... Better late than never. This card easily and quickly stores my media files and I can access them just as fast as I could through the internal storage. Also, I feel the price for this product feels like a steal for the ample amount of extra storage I'm getting. Now that my phone has it's 8gb of internal storage released, it works much smoother again like it did when I first bought it.

The only drawback for me has been that in lieu of the android 4.4 update, I can no longer properly execute apps stored on the card, music files have become read only, and other odd changes have made it harder to manage files in the SD card. A quick google search and I found an explanation that is more informed than my assumptions:

"Prior to Android 4.4, any app had complete access to the SD card and what this means is that any app could not only read the entire contents of the SD card, but also had global write access to the card. As such, a malicious app could be in the position to read the information stored to the SD Card by other apps (often called a banking app) or even make changes to the data. This is of course one of the reasons why Google has introduced the change to SD cards with Android 4.4.

Apps can now only access a portion of the SD Card now with KitKat, which is confined to each app. Read access is still possible, for example, so that alternative galleries can gain access to pictures. As well, when you uninstall an app from your device, the corresponding folder is now delete on the SD card so that no garbage is left behind."

This is not fault on the SD card itself!
For those who have phones that don't run Android this obviously doesn't concern you, but just a warning for those who expect complete power over the storage unit on an non-rooted Android powered device.
22 comments| 255 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse