Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 717 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 751 reviews
on April 25, 2013
I just purchased the 64 GB version of the Samsung Pro to replace a 32 GB Sandisk Ultra in my LG Optimus G (E970) on AT&T. It works perfectly! I was getting in-phone read speeds of 37 MB/s and writes of 8.5~9 MB/s with the Sandisk Ultra 32GB. Now with the Samsung Pro 64GB, I get 49 MB/s reads and 14 MB/s writes in the very same phone! Thumbnails populate faster in the gallery, album covers pop up faster, everything related to storage on the SD card is faster! Plus having 64 GB (really 60 GB) of storage on top of the 16 GB internal storage of the LG Optimus G means I can load A LOT of music, video and games onto my phone without worring about running out of space (for now!). With the card inserted into a USB 3.0 port my PC via a Transcend USB 3.0 Card Reader, I got 67.8 MB/s reads and 20.7 MB/s writes, so the specs do not lie!

Plus, for some reason, the Sandisk Ultra would dismount itself from time to time for no apparent reason causing me to have to shut down the phone, reseat it and restart my phone! This happened multiple times at the least opportune moments. Hopefully, this will not happen with the Samsung Pro, but I haven't had it long enough to confirm yet. I will update this if that happens.

Update 5/22/2013:

I've had the card for a month today and so far I've had zero issues. The card has not dismounted itself even once. I could not be happier.

Update 7/8/2013:

Still zero issues in my phone. Just purchased a second one for use with a GoPro HERO3 Black Edition. Got it on June 20th directly from Amazon for $50.99, which is the lowest price I've ever seen for the 64GB Samsung Pro so far.

Update 2/1/2014:

I now own three of these cards and they have all been fast and worked flawlessly. The one in my phone has never, not even once dismounted itself like the Sandisk card did. I'm using another in a 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and the third in a GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition.
99 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2013
I purchased this Samsung 64GB microSD card for my (also newly purchased) Samsung Galaxy S4 out of concern, expressed online by numerous new owners, for a reduced amount of useable internal memory and the need for a microSD card with high capacity / high speed / high reliability for external memory storage. After many days of online research on microSD card capacities, brands, speeds, and technologies, I decided on this Samsung microSD card.

I've had this microSD card for a few days (as with the GS4) and have had absolutely no problems with it. The card went immediately from the packaging to the back of the GS4 without any formatting or other preparation. It was recognized and readable right away by the GS4, by my newly installed Android file manager apps, and by my Windows 8 laptop when connected.

I could not be more pleased with the card's performance or more thrilled with the value for the price, admittedly a bit more than the competition but well worth it.

While you're doing your own research, keep this microSD card at the top of your list for consideration. You'll find that my, and others, recommendation is well founded.
on August 7, 2014
Purchased this Samsung brand card to go with my Samsung Note 3. I love Samsung products and own many. Not sure what the deal is with this card. I actually thought it was my phone corrupting data. Installed (mounted) card in my Note 3 & it appeared to work fine. However then my pictures started to turn gray a little after I took them. At first it was random, then it began to happen to all of my pictures. The ones that had auto-synced with my online storage were fine but any on the phone changed. Searched help sites for the Note 3 & it recommend formatting card. Did that but nothing changed. Just went on vacation in an area without Internet or cell service so nothing synched & guess what, ALL of my pictures & videos corrupted so were lost. GRRRR When I returned to a place with Internet I found many people having the same problem with one common factor, This 64GB SAMSUNG card. I removed the card from my phone & after 1 week have had zero corrupted pictures or videos. My next step will be requesting a refund from Amazon for this card. A look through the reviews showed one person who stated a 40% failure rate on this product.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 26, 2013
The Samsung Pro 64GB microSDXC card is on GoPro's list of recommended SD cards for full 45 Mbps bitrate videos when using ProTune, 1440, 2.7k, or 4k recording modes. I confirmed this with my V1.00 Hero3+ Black Edition. The Samsung card worked perfectly.

I wish I had USB 3.0 so I could test this card with a USB 3.0 reader, but using my IOGear USB 2.0 reader and CrystalDiskMarks, I observed 18.04 MB/s sequential read, and 15.62 MB/s sequential write. The write speed is nearly twice as fast as my Sandisk Ultra 32GB microSD card which scored 18.01 MB/s read and 9.00 MB/s write using the same USB 2.0 reader. My AmazonBasics 16GB microSD Class 10 card scored 18 MB/s read and 15 MB/s write.

I purchased a Transcend USB 3.0 reader and connected it to my USB 2.0 port (I do not have USB 3.0 on my PC unfortunately) and saw a performance boost using the Samsung Pro microSD card: It now scored 26.95 MB/s read and 20.13 MB/s write! I never realized there was such a big difference in speeds with USB 3.0, seeing how some of the other reviewers are posting much higher speeds thanks to their USB 3.0 readers when used with USB 3.0 ports.

The highest bit rate I saw on my GoPro videos was 46.5 Mbps using the Samsung Pro microSD card.

Overall: 5/5 stars, Samsung quality, and half the price of competing 64GB microSDXC "extreme" speed cards. There's a definite increase in read/write speeds with this card.
on August 29, 2014
"Cheap_Memory" sold me a fake card... Shame on me for not looking into the seller a little more, but when it's listed on Prime I tend to assume it's a good product...

Upon arrival, I loaded it up and stuck it in my Android. I must have been too excited to notice that my (already abbreviated) music collection stopped around the D's... I did notice that I couldn't use the SD card option on my camera and the SD card tester app I downloaded didn't want to even test it. I'm still rocking a Droid RAZR though, and they only officially support a 32 GB card, so I hoped that was the issue.

Once I noticed the data loss. I took it out and put it back in the computer. I tried loading it again, and it seemed to work, but as soon as it went back in the RAZR, the data disappeared.

So, I downloaded H2testw (http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html) which is a German program, but has an option for English. It determined that only 3.6 of the 62 GB were functioning. I promptly hit the return button...

The lesson here is, these cards seem good enough to fool windows, but not android.

My confirmation comes from the fact that, In less than 48 hrs, "Cheap_Memory" no longer has the 64 GB card listed on their storefront...
on May 29, 2014
I bought this card for use it a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. That was the only place it was used for about a year before it became corrupted and causing issues with the phone. I tried everything I could find on fixing the card with a computer, formatting it, messing with partitioning programs, etc. No dice. I don't know if the card just went bad, or if the phone screwed up the card, but either way its a Samsung issue since the phone was a Samsung Galaxy phone.

Luckily, I was diligent about backing up my data so nothing was lost. So I try to start the RMA process with Samsung. First after getting the run around about which 1-800 number and department I needed to call (only during business hours of course), I was incorrectly told by 2 different representatives that the card only had a 1 year warranty that I was just outside of so they couldn't help me. I don't know if this was just mis-informed reps or Samsung being shady, but this card comes with a 10-year warranty. After insisting that it came with a 10 year warranty (and having to point the Samsung CSR to a Samsung webpage which showed this!!) I was finally transferred to someone who started the RMA process for me. The process was easy enough and my new card arrive very quickly -- I sent my card via first class mail on a Friday, and by the following Friday I had the replacement.

The problem with the replacement? They sent me this:

which is a slower, cheaper card than the one I paid for. At this point, I'm not going to make a fuss -- I'll just never buy a Samsung branded SD card in the future.
on October 9, 2013
See UPDATE further below - but use caution when talking to Samsung support - you might be completely misinformed.

Just got off the phone with Samsung Tech Support trying to get a replacement for my malfunctioning Samsung card. To my "surprise," I was told that the warranty on their cards, if not an OEM item inside of a phone, is only 90 days! Somehow I missed that, or it wasn't made clear on the Amazon product info (I would have avoided the purchase if I had known up front - but anyway...). The point is, if you get any malfunctions on a Samsung SD card - replace it ASAP!! Once 90 days is passed they will do nothing. I asked for manager/supervisor override of the system in order to make an exception and process a replacement. Nope. I mentioned that many competitors have *lifetime* warranties on their cards (none of which have failed on me in many years). Nope. I made clear that I would make effort through social media to inform others of my outcome with Samsung SD cards. Nope. I insisted that those remarks be recorded in the tech support case notes to pass along as customer feedback to management. At least the rep had power to do that (I could hear him typing). So this was my first Samsung SD card; obviously, it will be my last, unless warranty and policy are changed. Extremely disappointed. Buyer beware. (Also, please note that Samsung chat support cannot issue returns, they can only troubleshoot - they tell me at the end of 15 minutes of info exchange. If your Samsung card is malfunctioning, call 888-987-4357 *immediately*. Menu options: 4,1,2.

UPDATE: Unable to accept that a 90 day warranty on an SD card could be true (which would be a bit absurd), I was able to dig up a scan I made of my original product packaging - I noted that it said "10yr warranty". I called Samsung tech support again and was eventually transferred to the SD Memory department. I'm now in the process of arranging an RMA number. So how is it that the previous rep was so completely misinformed? Or was I being swindled? Provided him exactly the same information and the "system" told him 90 days warranty and that was the end of it from his end. Everything he told me was incorrect: warranty length, return shipping terms (the expense is actually mine, it turns out, and not prepaid with a label by email as he claimed it would have been). We'll see what happens, but I'm not impressed with Samsung tech support so far. Although, the help I'm receiving now from the SD Memory Department rep after calling back is going very well and very professionally. There's hope.

UPDATE 24 Oct 2013: A couple days ago, the replacement card arrived. In order to insure the return of the first one for $50, I used priority mail as the cheapest option which was about $5.60 out of pocket. So, this is now resolved, although I haven't yet had a chance to exercise the new card to verify improved stability/integrity over the last one. It did, however, come with a standard SD converter card that the first one didn't, so that was a small bonus. So... the process of replacement was unnecessarily frustrating, initially misleading and time-wasting, but the second attempt went fairly smoothly and I did get a replacement after sending mine in. I also took multiple opportunities to convey my experience back to Samsung in writing, so I'm hoping they sort out the inconsistencies in the tech support call centers. Anyway... with resolution, I'll increase my rating to 2 stars, since it wasn't a total loss. Still highly disappointing that it failed at all. I have not had problems with any other SD cards (Transcend or SanDisk) - about a dozen of them over 10 years, and I'm still using some for 6-8 years now.
on June 8, 2015
This product was sold as an "extreme" storage card, all of them make that claim that but this one is flat out wrong. The 10 in a 'C' has a rating that apparently cannot handle HD video or Samsung5 phone HD photos, you get a large area of your photo that is missing as if you covered it with a tan colored card. I moved up to a Pro, class3 in the 'U'. (this card is a class 1). It seems disingenuos for the seller to not make this point more understood to the buyer when they just want a good price and a good card, the specifications would really help if the sellers would advise their customer that this card (class 1) should be left home, and leave without it! Also, look for a Speed rating of 95+, thats what I did.
on May 8, 2014
Careful with this item. I bought Samsung because I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I know that when it comes to flash memory, buy name brand because of all the knock-offs and counterfeits. I purposely avoided eBay for that reason. When I got the card, I put it in my computer to copy my phone's current microSD card to this one. In the computer, it registered at 64 GB (a little under due to the formatting, but that's expected with hard drives and flash memory). When I copied the contents from one card to another, everything seemed to copy ok, but when I put the card into my phone, half of the files were missing. I was copying from a 32 GB card that had about 20 GB of data. There should have been plenty of room. I tried recopying individual files. When I did, you could see the files on the card after the copy, but as soon as I pulled the card out and placed it in any other device, to include placing right back into the computer, those files would disappear.

I tried several different ways of formatting the card; I formatted it in exFAT using Windows 8: no dice; I let the phone format it and then tried copying the files: no dice; I formatted it in FAT32 using Windows 8: no dice. I even tried different ways of copying the files over, first using card readers plugged into a computer, then trying the card in the phone plugged in with a USB cable, and then even trying to download the files through my wifi off a network shared hard drive. All three ways still resulted in disappearing files and corrupted folders. After putting it in and taking it out of card readers and the phone for a few hours trying to get it to work, I noticed the printed ink on the card was wearing off; it is now unreadable and you'd never know who the manufacturer was or what the capacity was.

I ended up buying a SanDisk and it worked from the first go without any formatting or special treatment.
on May 2, 2014
It could just be that I bought a bad one. It happens with every manufacturer. However, Amazon threw a massive sale a month and a half ago and this was one of the hot items that day. I needed one (read as wanted one) for my Note3 to replace my 16gb card I'd had for three years.

Well, it came in and at first I had a few glitches here and there, but I was attributing them to the phone... maybe a software bug, etc. It took a little over a month for me to start to REALLY see problems. It worked OK at first. I didn't notice an increase in speed, but then again the Note 3 is a fast phone anyway... so at least I have more space. Then the occasional picture would get corrupted. Then my audiobooks were getting corrupted. Last week I shot 86 pictures in one sitting, and one video. 12 of them were any good. They were fine when they loaded on to the card (or so it seemed) but within minutes a few were showing as corrupt. Minutes later more were corrupt. After half an hour and before they could all sync to my dropbox account, 74 of the 86 files were corrupt.

I switched back to my 16gb card... no problems. However, it's a few days past my return date... so I'm stuck with a dead card. I usually speak very highly of Samsung cards and this is my first experience with a bad one, but it's also the most expensive one I own so I expected better.