Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 30, 2009
We did a lot of looking and reading before we ended up with this Samsung flat top convection range. Our biggest fear is in getting any model that needs constant repairs. This is the first ceramic flat top range I have ever used. My favorite way to cook on a range is with Gas. My least favorite way is with electric coils.
My feeling about the ceramic top changed sharply after I used it a few times. The ceramic top heats evenly, and does not create hot spots the way a coil does. I noticed this when I was making a gravy, the entire bottom of the pan was simmering equaly. I find that it did not require constant adjustment like the coils do. The top is very easy to clean. The convection oven is wonderful. Lots of other companies have convection, but only the Samsung has three fans to distribute the heat more evenly. The controls calculate the required reduction in temperature. When you set the oven for 45 minutes at 400, and you are selecting one of the convection methods, it will adjust the temperature down by a certain amount. It may be a reduction of 25 degrees in this case. So you are going to cook at 375 instead of 400. Convection cooking is hotter than a regular oven. I can only say that it is easy to see why there are so many convection ovens out there, they are wonderful.
Stainless appliances are not for everyone, they can be hard to keep free of finger prints. The oven has a steam cleaning feature, but we have not gotten it dirty enough to try that yet. I will try to modify this review as we get further along.

Here is the update: The door on this Samsung oven is not liquid tight at the top. The top of the stove is liquid tight. On an older style stove, and boil-overs would drop into the top of the stove and require the stove top to be lifted for cleaning. This stove boils over, fills the top until it spills over the edges, all over. What goes over the front edge drips into the door, between the glass pains that insulate the heat on the inside from the outside. Taking the door apart is not a job for most home owners. I have taken my door apart to clean it twice, and after Thanks Giving, I need to do it again. I do not suggest anyone take the door apart to clean the inside of the glass. This has caused me to downgrade the rating from 5 to 3. It is hard to avoid doing this since there is no way for an owner of the stove to correct this flaw, or deal with it easily. Samsung should have issued a fix and sent repair techs to modify this model of stove. As it is now, this will be the one thing you will hate about this stove. If you have a handy-man in your home, he can assist you in getting the oven door apart to help you clean the glass. I will be doing it again soon.
on September 1, 2009
While the easily-cleaned Ceramic cooktop is great, the oven is wonderful. True and effective convection cooking. The Cobalt-colored display is beautiful, and the related features (such as the kitchen timer) very welcome -- especially for someone like me, who hasn't purchased a new oven since 1984. The only issue I had was with the installation....the back of the oven panel only has about 6.5 inches of clearance, so be sure your 220V receptacle is as low-mounted on the wall as possible. The top burners are extremely quick to heat, but take a fairly long time to cool once shut off.

An update 12/19/09 ... I found I had a little trouble with some of the touch panel controls (0 and Clear/Off buttons), which required a bit more pressure to activate than the other controls on the front panel...This was effectively repaired in about 20 minutes by a technician today under warranty...it was due to a ribbon cable that apparently had been creased when the panel was installed at the factory. Now all the controls work effortlessly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.