Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size: 64GB|Change

Showing 1-10 of 801 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 873 reviews
on November 1, 2016
This was my first Samsung flash drive purchase. I wanted a USB 3.0 device and I liked the overall aesthetic of this drive, with the aluminum body and cap which was easily held on with a lanyard string to prevent it from getting lost. The drive itself is very compact and easy to lose if you don't keep it somewhere conspicuous. I just kept it on my key-chain and that worked for me. It also came in handy when I needed quick access to the USB drive. I was able to store and transfer so many files with the 128GB capacity. The USB 3.0 speed was a welcome addition. I purchased this in March and it just died at the end of June, so I got 4 months of usage before it died. Luckily, this drive is backed by a 10 year warranty from Amazon. I was not aware of this until I contacted Samsung for warranty service. They wrote the following email to me:

"Please contact Amazon for Warranty service as they are under contract to fulfill the warranty for units purchased from their site. The contract they are under requires them to replace it under warranty for its entire 10 year Warranty period.

You might have to ask for someone higher up as some lower level agents are not aware of the contract for some reason and go based off their 30 day return policy."

I then contacted Amazon via their online customer chat and asked for a replacement. I was told the drive was out of my 30 day return period and that I would have to contact Samsung. Guess what? I copied and pasted the above response from Samsung in quotes and was given a return label and sent a replacement drive by the same online customer service representative! So, if you encounter the same problem, feel free to copy and paste the response I got. Now I anxiously await my replacement.

Update 11/4/16
I received my replacement a couple days later and it works just as great as the first drive I received. Fingers crossed that this one will last much longer. I didn't keep anything on the drive that was mission critical but if you are keeping important files on your flash drive, it's a good idea to make a backup copy on your computer or another drive just in case your Samsung USB drive dies on you.

If my review or pictures helped in any way, please click the Helpful or Yes button below! If not, feel free to leave a feedback comment or ask any question that my review didn’t answer. Thank you!
55 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2016
So this works great. Just as expected. I have used this for transferring large amount of files from my phone to my PC. This will only work on devices that support On The Go (OTG). Almost all Android devices support this. Including flagship Galaxy devices. You will need a file explorer app installed on your mobile device in order to manage files on this flash drive if your mobile device doesn't have one installed. On Galaxy devices it is the my files app. Highly recommend this drive to anyone that wants extra storage for their phones. I usually carry multiples of these OTG drives with movies and music so that I never run out of storage on my phone. Read and write speeds are not as fast on mobile devices as they are on regular computers. But if you are looking for portable storage for your phone or tablet then highly recommend you giving this a try.
review image
on October 4, 2016
It's big project deadline time, and you're trying to transfer large files back and forth; you can't be stuck with USB 2.0 speeds (a decade old technology), you need a fast flash drive. This is the USB 3.0 flash drive you're looking for.

There are so many different designs for flash/thumb drives out there; there's something for everyone. I wanted something that looked solid and simple, was reliable, and fast. This was it. Here's why:
• The one piece body feels solid, but lightweight, and looks gorgeous
• USB end is sturdy enough to stand up to heavy use
• The little hole can be used to attach to a key ring if necessary

*** NOTE ***
Please be aware that this drive is capable of USB 3.0 transfer speeds of "up to 45MB/s ". You will only get this speed if the computer you are attaching it to also has USB 3.0, otherwise it is backwards-compatible and will reduce to USB 2.0 speeds. You can tell if it's USB 3.0 if the inside port is a blue plastic, or if the port is labelled "SS" (Super Speed).

The design looks like it could've been built by aliens [see photos]. It's so simple, yet just works. It's solidly-built, with no small pieces to lose, and big and shiny enough to be visible, and is amazingly fast. Recommended.
Samsung 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Duo (MUF-128CB/AM)
on December 31, 2016
I got this flash drive for my 64 GB Note 5 phone because Samsung decided not to allow SD cards to be put into these phones, smh! So, what drew my attention was the fact that it could connect to the phone directly and not needing a separate USB cord to connect to the computer afterwards. I also wanted a USB device that was 3.0 compatible, and it also looks sexy in the silver in black casing. I love how now I transferred all my files to the drive, and my phone is back to being like I just bought it and hadn’t downloaded anything to it.

But the one thing I don’t like is that it didn’t come with a lanyard, so I bought one on my own. And I must take my otter box off to put it straight into the phone because of that loop area that makes no sense. You would of thought Samsung who makes the phones, and this drive would think of a different place to put the loop so that you can connect the drive to the phone without removing the cover, but no they didn’t. So, I had to cave in and buy the OTG adapter to prevent from doing that. At first my phone or computer couldn’t read the flash drive, I contacted Amazon. They of course referred me to Samsung and of course was referred to Amazon. So, Amazon sent me a replacement and I’m happy to say the new one works fine.
on March 10, 2017
The drive works fine, being a USB-A and Micro USB connector. Unfortunately, I searched Amazon for "USB type C flash drive" and this was the Number one "Amazon choice" drive. It is not a type C. The other top ten drives in the search results are the correct type. It's a little frustrating as the title does not say the USB type and the picture is hard to tell the difference between the micro (that it is) and a USB-C connector from the angle displayed. Ultimately if I would have read everything I would have found it was wrong, however, it really should not be the top result when searching for a USB C thumb drive.
on September 3, 2016
Very Fast Memory: 8.5/10

This is a very speedy thumb-drive with a very sleek and sexy form factor. Samsung did a pretty good job on this drive, made it affordable, and fulfilled expectations. Speed tests showed that it was able to reach close to claimed read and write benchmarks, close enough that the discrepancy is not a detracting factor from the drive. Drive looks pretty while sitting on the desk or while inserted into the computer. However, there were a couple of complaints that I had with this drive. The first complaint was that it could have been smaller and more keyring friendly (sit flat with all the rest of the keys in your pocket). My second complaint was that the cap is not physically connected to the drive at all times and so if you are using it without a keyring you could potentially lose the cap.

Minor gripes, but overall beats the average.
on December 24, 2016
This flash drive is just what I wanted. It is huge of course, but is so handy to plug into my PC, download huge amounts of video, audio, photos & documents, then just plug into my Android phone and, viola! All is now available on my smart phone which had a good amount of memory but fell way short of what this baby will now proved.

The drive's small size also makes it easy to view files with it stuck into the Android phone and not become clumsy. Very handy.

Only negative I can muster up is, when viewing photos, you can't swipe from one to the next, but have to close the photo and then open the adjacent one. But a great thumb drive nonetheless.

OK have to change my review because my Samsung Galaxy S6 no longer sees the drive at all. The regular USB port works ok so it's usable as a regular thumb drive but . . . the micro USB drive no longer works . . . bummed out!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2017
NOT USB C. Like others, when I saw this at the top of my search for usb c drives, I just went ahead and purchased. I was very disappointed in the design of a sandisk dual drive and this looked more solid. Onus is on me to have read the description more closely, but the picture did look enough like usbc. Shame on Amazon and shame on me that I didn't read the reviews or description enough. Now that I've opened the package, I guess its not eligible for return.

Shame on me, shame on amazon. No shame on samsung who made a nice small solid design
on November 23, 2016
Samsung 128 GB USB Flash Drive

This is a great little drive with a few small caveats. The design looks fine but it seems the designer favored function over form. Samsung used good materials while the shape of the drive is bit odd (in my personal opinion) -- of course, design is ultimately subjective.

The micro USB connector was able to connect to my Galaxy s7 without having to remove the case. It was instantly recognized without any hangups.

Transfer Rates:

The device claims to have transfer speeds "up to 130 MB/s" and so I tested this claim with CrystalDiskMark (CDM). I tested this drive and my current 32 GB Silicon Power flash drive (also purchased on Amazon) to see how close CrystalDiskMark and actual file transfers really are. In the image you see that the Silicon Power beats the Samsung every time the drives are read, but the Samsung is the clear winner when you write to the drives...or so it seems. I then tested both drives with 3 different file tests -- all the tests were done on the same USB 3.0 port with the same files, with the same file system format. As you can see, I tested both drives with NTSF and exFAT (I decided to skip FAT32).

The files I transferred were
1) a 10.9 GB .mkv movie file
2) folder with 16 .mkv video files, most of which were about 650 MB totaling 8.0 GB
3) folder containing 604 .mp3 files totaling 2.7 GB.

I formatted the drives between each transfer, ran no other unnecessary programs or processes than the transfer and copied the files from the same drive to ensure the cleanest test possible. After the test I found that the Silicon Power drive often outperformed the Samsung drive even though CrystalDiskMark specified something very different. According to CDM, the Silicon Power was often not even half as fast at writing files as the Samsung. The real world tests show the Samsung to be quite a bit slower when reading and writing files. In fact, when I was transferring the 10.9 GB video file to the Samsung on NTFS, the transfer would hang for nearly 2 minutes before it would complete.

I did three tests on each drive with each file and both file system formats for a total of 36 file transfer tests, averaging the three test results for the conclusion. With the Silicon Power I found the transfer times to be very consistent, often with a few seconds one another. With the Samsung, however, I found there were some tests which showed very different times (I admit, there may have been outside factors).

Conclusion – CrystalDiskMark is either completely useless software or the results you find with it don’t transfer to the real world all that well. Whatever the case, I’ll take real world application over a benchmark tool. It is my opinion, the Samsung 128 GB drive is nice and is still a great deal for $30 – 35. If we were to extrapolate these test results to the 128 GB Silicon Power USB drive, I would think that's the better deal. It just depends on how concerned (obsessed) you are with transfer speed and your need for a micro-USB connector.

My PC Specs:
- Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
- Core i7
- 32 GB RAM
- Samsung 500 GB Solid State Drive

Pros:
- Size is small
- Transfer speeds are OK (see review)
- Dual connectors are useful if you have a phone with a micro-USB connector
- Works well with my Samsung Galaxy s7
- Designed for function

Cons:
- No lanyard included with drive (you need one to avoid losing the cap)
- Other USB drive options which may be faster at reading/writing data

Notes: I copied all the CrystalDiskMark data into the image of the Excel spreadsheet to make comparison easier. I also marked the best times and read/write transfer rates in green and the two Samsung time "anomalies" in read. I posted an image of different USB drives and some other things for size comparison – the drive reviewed here is circled with the comparison drive in the bottom right hand corner.

I will update this review if I find any reliability problems with the Samsung. I have owned my Silicon Power drive for over a year and it's worked fine so far.
on February 24, 2017
Seems nice, I did a search for "USB C thumb drive" , and this was the recommend item from Amazon. Unfortunately for me - it is a a USB micro, so I can't try it out on any phones I have. This is on Amazon to fix their search parameters. Yes, I could have read all the tiny details, but that day I had an hourly deal and only 5 more minutes to check out before it expired. Boo on Amazon