Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,031 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,114 reviews
on November 1, 2016
This was my first Samsung flash drive purchase. I wanted a USB 3.0 device and I liked the overall aesthetic of this drive, with the aluminum body and cap which was easily held on with a lanyard string to prevent it from getting lost. The drive itself is very compact and easy to lose if you don't keep it somewhere conspicuous. I just kept it on my key-chain and that worked for me. It also came in handy when I needed quick access to the USB drive. I was able to store and transfer so many files with the 128GB capacity. The USB 3.0 speed was a welcome addition. I purchased this in March and it just died at the end of June, so I got 4 months of usage before it died. Luckily, this drive is backed by a 10 year warranty from Amazon. I was not aware of this until I contacted Samsung for warranty service. They wrote the following email to me:

"Please contact Amazon for Warranty service as they are under contract to fulfill the warranty for units purchased from their site. The contract they are under requires them to replace it under warranty for its entire 10 year Warranty period.

You might have to ask for someone higher up as some lower level agents are not aware of the contract for some reason and go based off their 30 day return policy."

I then contacted Amazon via their online customer chat and asked for a replacement. I was told the drive was out of my 30 day return period and that I would have to contact Samsung. Guess what? I copied and pasted the above response from Samsung in quotes and was given a return label and sent a replacement drive by the same online customer service representative! So, if you encounter the same problem, feel free to copy and paste the response I got. Now I anxiously await my replacement.

Update 11/4/16
I received my replacement a couple days later and it works just as great as the first drive I received. Fingers crossed that this one will last much longer. I didn't keep anything on the drive that was mission critical but if you are keeping important files on your flash drive, it's a good idea to make a backup copy on your computer or another drive just in case your Samsung USB drive dies on you.

Update 10/25/17
*It's been nearly a year since I've had this drive now and no issues whatsoever since I've gotten my replacement. I also noticed that they downgraded the warranty from 10 years to 5 years, but I'm leaving the 10 year warranty title alone for those who purchased this drive when the 10 year warranty was around.

[...] Thank you!
235 helpful votes
236 helpful votes
1111 comments|Report abuse
on September 4, 2016
So this works great. Just as expected. I have used this for transferring large amount of files from my phone to my PC. This will only work on devices that support On The Go (OTG). Almost all Android devices support this. Including flagship Galaxy devices. You will need a file explorer app installed on your mobile device in order to manage files on this flash drive if your mobile device doesn't have one installed. On Galaxy devices it is the my files app. Highly recommend this drive to anyone that wants extra storage for their phones. I usually carry multiples of these OTG drives with movies and music so that I never run out of storage on my phone. Read and write speeds are not as fast on mobile devices as they are on regular computers. But if you are looking for portable storage for your phone or tablet then highly recommend you giving this a try.
review image
112 helpful votes
113 helpful votes
on December 31, 2016
I got this flash drive for my 64 GB Note 5 phone because Samsung decided not to allow SD cards to be put into these phones, smh! So, what drew my attention was the fact that it could connect to the phone directly and not needing a separate USB cord to connect to the computer afterwards. I also wanted a USB device that was 3.0 compatible, and it also looks sexy in the silver in black casing. I love how now I transferred all my files to the drive, and my phone is back to being like I just bought it and hadn’t downloaded anything to it.

But the one thing I don’t like is that it didn’t come with a lanyard, so I bought one on my own. And I must take my otter box off to put it straight into the phone because of that loop area that makes no sense. You would of thought Samsung who makes the phones, and this drive would think of a different place to put the loop so that you can connect the drive to the phone without removing the cover, but no they didn’t. So, I had to cave in and buy the OTG adapter to prevent from doing that. At first my phone or computer couldn’t read the flash drive, I contacted Amazon. They of course referred me to Samsung and of course was referred to Amazon. So, Amazon sent me a replacement and I’m happy to say the new one works fine.
review imagereview image
48 helpful votes
49 helpful votes
on August 31, 2016
Nice little Flash Drive. I originally thought i was getting USB Type C but it was not. So far so good, it is not the fastest flash drive around, but it is like every flash drive.

It is metal, which has a better build quality compared to the plastic ones! It is also very light and has a slim profile. I only wish the made the cover compatible with keychains so I can have it in my keychain! Otherwise, a great flash drive!
2 helpful votes
on March 31, 2016
Although I love the pen drive it is not as fast as the pen drive without the OTG connector.. Which is twice as fast in writes as this one. I took the chance seeing only 1 letter was different in the model but it seems they did slow it down for this. Even reads are slower at just over 100MB. You can always just use an OTG cable with the regular pen drive for faster speeds and I would keep that in mind. Double the write speeds does matter when you copy 60GB of stuff onto it. So it all depends on if you want to carry an OTG adapter with you or not. It is too long to just leave it connected to the phone anyway so the flexible OTG adapter is better. next time I would just get the regular pendrive. I am always careful I don't bump the phone when this is connected as it sticks down at the bottom and easy to break by not being careful.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on January 19, 2017
This is undoubtedly the best external storage (pendrive) I have ever had.
Its size amazes me a lot is really small for the capacity and otg it includes, I suppose its price should be worth it.
It is metalic so when passing heavy files it gets very hot.
The speed surprised me so much in reading as writing, I probe it in my laptop with usb 3.0 to be able to see its full potential.
Attached some photos to observe their size and speed.
Another thing is that the cover of the OTG is hard, I take enough to remove it, I hope over time do not lose that pressure, less badly the hole that has allows to put a rope in both not to misplace it.
I really hope it lasts a few years and I will not die after a few months of use as I did with a 64 gb Corsair that only lasted 3 months.
review imagereview image
on July 23, 2016
The drive is great! I get read and write speeds that are better than I expected from a drive priced so low. It's OTG capability is really nice to have because I own a Note 5 which has no removable storage option. I also own 2 other Samsung tablets plus a Surface Book and I've yet to encounter any problems.
My only complaint is its inability to fit on a normal keyring with the black plastic cap on. I've tried several different rings, chains, and cables I can find. The chain that fits through the microscopic hole broke causing me to nearly lose the drive. The cable didn't work due to its clasping mechanism would not fit through the tiny hole and the keyring was too round to make it through all the way. If you're buying the drive specifically to easily bring with you everywhere without worrying if it will disappear, you may want to look elsewhere. Besides that its worth the money.
on November 14, 2016
Outstanding USB stick. Extremely small. No heat noticed on use for several hours on a USB 3 connection.It has USB 3 and mini USB connectors. I bought 2 of these and so far they are awesome. 2x128GB size. Have used on USB 3 and USB 2 connections. Recognized by several computers right away. USB 3 is very fast.

If I were to improve this I guess I would put a cover on the USB 3 end and maybe have a slot for a lanyard, though there is something that could be used for a lanyard that goes through the mini USB cap in addition to the body of the stick.I will have to see if that is workable or a problem. It is quite a small hole which you can see in the picture. I do like the mini usb cap. It is secure. These USB sticks are so small it may be difficult to keep track of them.
on August 1, 2017
It's tiny! Mine didn't look like this picture, either. It has a very small body and a long USB plug. It's so small, in fact, that my wife is afraid she'll lose it. However, it plugs into the USB port and records data and is retrievable on other systems, so it works. What more can you ask for?
on September 9, 2017
Tiny and sleek design are good on this flash drive. It is solidly built and very useful in storing files on a phone with no Micro SD card and it easily plugs into any standard USB port on a computer.

I didn't conduct any speed tests, but the read and write speed seem good to me.