Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 958 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,037 reviews
on November 1, 2016
This was my first Samsung flash drive purchase. I wanted a USB 3.0 device and I liked the overall aesthetic of this drive, with the aluminum body and cap which was easily held on with a lanyard string to prevent it from getting lost. The drive itself is very compact and easy to lose if you don't keep it somewhere conspicuous. I just kept it on my key-chain and that worked for me. It also came in handy when I needed quick access to the USB drive. I was able to store and transfer so many files with the 128GB capacity. The USB 3.0 speed was a welcome addition. I purchased this in March and it just died at the end of June, so I got 4 months of usage before it died. Luckily, this drive is backed by a 10 year warranty from Amazon. I was not aware of this until I contacted Samsung for warranty service. They wrote the following email to me:

"Please contact Amazon for Warranty service as they are under contract to fulfill the warranty for units purchased from their site. The contract they are under requires them to replace it under warranty for its entire 10 year Warranty period.

You might have to ask for someone higher up as some lower level agents are not aware of the contract for some reason and go based off their 30 day return policy."

I then contacted Amazon via their online customer chat and asked for a replacement. I was told the drive was out of my 30 day return period and that I would have to contact Samsung. Guess what? I copied and pasted the above response from Samsung in quotes and was given a return label and sent a replacement drive by the same online customer service representative! So, if you encounter the same problem, feel free to copy and paste the response I got. Now I anxiously await my replacement.

Update 11/4/16
I received my replacement a couple days later and it works just as great as the first drive I received. Fingers crossed that this one will last much longer. I didn't keep anything on the drive that was mission critical but if you are keeping important files on your flash drive, it's a good idea to make a backup copy on your computer or another drive just in case your Samsung USB drive dies on you.

[...] Thank you!
77 comments| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2016
So this works great. Just as expected. I have used this for transferring large amount of files from my phone to my PC. This will only work on devices that support On The Go (OTG). Almost all Android devices support this. Including flagship Galaxy devices. You will need a file explorer app installed on your mobile device in order to manage files on this flash drive if your mobile device doesn't have one installed. On Galaxy devices it is the my files app. Highly recommend this drive to anyone that wants extra storage for their phones. I usually carry multiples of these OTG drives with movies and music so that I never run out of storage on my phone. Read and write speeds are not as fast on mobile devices as they are on regular computers. But if you are looking for portable storage for your phone or tablet then highly recommend you giving this a try.
review image
on April 5, 2016
Pros: IT has a lot of storage space. It has a metal casing which is nice because it is flying around in my backpack most of the time. It is small but not so small that I can't find it. I ended up putting a small chain on it to locate it easier in my backpack and it doesn't hinder the plastic cover. It works well with my Samsung phone.

Cons: The loop for the key chain is in a location where if you had it on your key chain you wouldn't be able to use the mini USB unless you took it off the key chain. Also, the mini USB is not very long so if you have a big case on your phone it may be difficult to use. I have an otter box commuter and it works but just barely. I don't think it would work with any thicker case.
on January 2, 2017
It's a good USB. I've done speed tests with ATTO DISK BENCHMARK and on a 3.0 port it reaches read speeds of 130 MB/sec and write speeds of 124 MB/sec, on my laptop Toshiba with windows 8.1. I'm only worried because after a time of use, about 30 minutes, the usb goes up a lot of temperature. The micro USB connector works great, I've used it on a Huawei P7 phone with Android 4.4.2. The product was well protected. The product arrived in good condition.
on July 24, 2017
Very good product, simple and well thought out design allows for easy manipulation, the transfer of files with the computer is very fast thanks to the usb 3.0 connector and as for the micro usb, although something set in the phone, Is a great option at the moment of wanting to back up information or simply if there are files that you do not want to have in the internal memory or the micro sd card, you can always carry on this flash drive, likewise if you are going to record something important Just connect it to the phone and set it to save the video or photos so you never stop recording a valuable time to remember because you do not have enough memory.

Muy buen producto, el diseño simple y bien pensado permite una fácil manipulación, la transferencia de archivos con el computador es muy rápida gracias al conector usb 3.0 y en cuanto al micro usb, si bien entra algo ajustado en el teléfono, es una gran opción al momento de querer respaldar información o simplemente si existen archivos que no se quiera tener en la memoria interna o en la tarjeta micro sd, siempre se pueden llevar en esta unidad flash, del mismo modo si se va a grabar algo importante basta conectarlo al teléfono y configurar que se guarde allí el video o las fotos así nunca dejaras de registrar un valioso momento para recordar porque no tienes memoria suficiente.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 28, 2017
The Samsung USB drive will not work with a Samsung 5 Smart Phone because the little protrusion sticking out of the side interferes with the charging port cover that does not allow insertion into the charging port. However, it that protrusion is ground off, it can be used and works well once it can be inserted into the charging port. The cap snaps firmly onto the drive and can be used to secure it to a safety pin or other device.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2016
Decent read/write speeds, enough so that they didn't bother me. I've not got time to take pictures of it's results, but the fact that write times moved fast enough to resemble every other USB 3.0's speeds was enough for me here. More importantly, the micro-USB adapter was what interested me most. It's plug and play on either end, but the micro-USB may give you trouble on non-Samsung devices. Came right up on a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, but on an LG phone, I couldn't get it to work. Also comes with 119gb of free space so you have a precise figure going into your purchase decision. Overall, it's a great product that I use to this day and easily formats to exFAT or NTFS. The stick can get a little warm sometimes either from run times of it reading/writing in you machine, or also from just being near a laptop fan. However, I've never noticed it hot enough to burn me or cause damage to the disk. Again though, be aware that the micro-USB may not work with non-Samsung devices. I thought it could be conflicting with my micro-SD card in my LG device, but there's a micro-SD card in my Samsung tablet and it worked fine there. So other than that and getting slightly hot, it's a wonderful Flash Drive.
on June 7, 2017
This dual flash drive is exactly what I needed. It makes transferring large files from my phone, or my old dying laptop, to my new laptop a breeze. It is fabulously fast when plugged into a USB 3 port. It lost a star for a fundamental flaw: I chose the Samsung brand specifically because I assumed it would work flawlessly with my Samsung phone; however, the little part that sticks out is exactly on the wrong side, and so makes it very difficult to plug into my Galaxy S5, because the port cover 'hinge' is on the same side and there isn't enough room. I was able to very carefully push it out of the way, but I still had anxiety that the hinge would break, and I'm worried about repeated use.
on December 21, 2016

Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 5.608 MB/s [ 1369.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 1.618 MB/s [ 395.0 IOPS]

Test : 50 MiB [E: 9.4% (2.8/29.9 GiB)] (x5) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2016/12/21 20:39:25
OS : Windows 10 Professional [10.0 Build 14393] (x64)
on March 31, 2016
Although I love the pen drive it is not as fast as the pen drive without the OTG connector.. Which is twice as fast in writes as this one. I took the chance seeing only 1 letter was different in the model but it seems they did slow it down for this. Even reads are slower at just over 100MB. You can always just use an OTG cable with the regular pen drive for faster speeds and I would keep that in mind. Double the write speeds does matter when you copy 60GB of stuff onto it. So it all depends on if you want to carry an OTG adapter with you or not. It is too long to just leave it connected to the phone anyway so the flexible OTG adapter is better. next time I would just get the regular pendrive. I am always careful I don't bump the phone when this is connected as it sticks down at the bottom and easy to break by not being careful.