Samsung GT-I9082 Galaxy Grand Duos 8Gb Factory Unlocked, Android 4.1.2 - White
|Price:||$299.99 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Cellular Band - Quad-Band 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 Mhz
- Cellular Band 3G - 850 / 1900 / 2100 Mhz
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Speed Guaranteed||DealsDealt||Speed Guaranteed||L4G Store||TechnoMaster||DealFisher|
|Camera Description||Primary: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, Video 1080p@30fps, stereo sound rec|Secondary: 2 MP||8 MP||Primary: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, Video: 1080p@30fps, stereo sound recording|Secondary: 1.9 MP||8 MP||5 MP||16 MP|
|Screen Size||5 in||5 in||5.25 in||5 in||5 in||5.1 in|
|Item Dimensions||3.03 x 3.03 x 5.67 in||2.84 x 5.7 x 0.34 in||0.35 x 5.78 x 2.96 in||0.25 x 2.75 x 5.63 in||0.31 x 2.8 x 5.6 in||2.85 x 5.59 x 0.31 in|
|Item Weight||5.68 ounces||4 ounces||5.75 ounces||4.16 ounces||4.8 ounces||5.11 ounces|
|Operating System||android 4.1||Android||google_android||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 5.1.1||Android 4.4.2 KitKat|
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900. 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100. SIM Dual SIM (Mini-SIM, dual stand-by). OS Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz. Internal 8 GB, 1 GB RAM.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT: Perfect size considering the fact that it has the 5 inch screen. It fits easily into my smallest purse. And I purchased a leather vertical case that clips to my waistband so I take it with me to the gym to listen to my music or radio when I work out. Because the phone is so light, I carry it easily on my jeans with the pouch/case that I purchased for the phone.
- STANDARD SIZED SIM CARD: Good to know as I did not have to cut my Sim card, I just placed it into the phone and it read my carrier plan and I did not have to set up the APN settings for Internet and MMS as the setup did this for me automatically). This is good to know if you want to use your regular Sim card and not have to deal with settings yourself. What a great feature.
- Screen Resolution - For me personally, I find the resolution GOOD to VERY GOOD, however, it is not as good as say an S4 or S3, but good. However, I have a way to make the screen look GREAT and CLEARER on the home page. What I did is installed the free app ZEDGE and choose a wallpaper that has a dark blue background. The picture I choose has a deep blue sky and mountain in it and the home screen is STUNNING and the white letters on the icons really stand out. And I will say that the screen detail is clear and easy to read and webpages are just stunning on this phone!
- Phone call clarity etc. - No matter what my location using this phone for phone calls the clarity of calls is loud and clear whether on the phone's speaker, headset etc. I even had to turn down the volume quite a lot as the calls come in so well.
- WiFi/3G (Internet): Connects to any WiFi I have tried very quickly and easily and if I am fairly close to the router, the signal strength is excellent. However, when I am a long distance from the router, the signal goes down, however, I still get WiFi and go on the Internet just fine. When not near a WiFi hotspot, I use AT&T for data and easily get 3G and I have gotten 3G+ (there is no 4G in my area). The data is very fast, almost as fast as my home WiFi is.
- Overall speed, performance, smoothness, picture quality of the screen--very fast and peppy. And I found a way to SAVE on both memory and on battery. What I did was to go into Apps/ Manage Apps and DISABLED the apps I don't use. Without rooting the phone, you cannot uninstall pre-installed factory apps, but you can disable them. Disabling the ones you don't use makes the phone run faster and frees more memory! Since I am a techie, I know which ones to disable and which ones not to disable, so if in doubt, please ask me in the comments and I will be glad to assist you in this.
- BATTERY LIFE: This phone has given me the BEST battery life of ANY smartphone or that I ever owned. And I use 100% brightness. For me, even at 100 brightness, if I use WiFi or Data just when I need it and then turn it off, I get all day into the night on one single charge! (I charge nightly and the phone is at 100% ready to go the next morning).
- EXTERNAL SLOT FOR MICRO SD CARD (UP TO 64GB SD CARD) - This helped to sell me on this phone as I can add my personal music, photos, videos and more to this phone!
And I placed a 32g in mine for music, files etc. *Keep in mind where External SD cards are concerned: They are JUST for your personal files: music, videos, photos, and other files. When you install apps from Playstore or other sources, they store either in INTERNAL Memory Card or sometimes in the phone area (most store in the INTERNAL SD AREA). This is the law of the land where Android is concerned and ALL newer Android devices (including Samsung) work this way when storing your downloaded apps are concerned.
- INTERNAL STORAGE SPACE:
This phone is advertised at 8GB of Internal space. The 8GB is the space BEFORE the drive was formatted, OS installed and then factory apps installed. So what I had on the phone BEFORE I installed any apps it had 4 GB left. This is how it is on any flash drive, SD card, Hard Drive as formatting alone takes up space.
Also, since 3.0 Android and above, you cannot save any apps to your personal SD card. Instead the apps are installed one way or the other to the INTERNAL SPACE. However, the good thing is that your personal files as photos, music, videos, and more can be installed to your EXTERNAL SD Card so you do have that space for yourself.
**I have a few apps I downloaded from the Playstore, but no games so I still have about 4.08 GB left on my phone for more apps later should I wish to install them.
- Reading/Creating/Editing Word, Excel, Text Files and much more on this tablet: I downloaded a FREE APP called Kingsoft Office which I use for Office files (it reads, edits and creates Office files). And it also reads PDF eBooks so there is no need to download a separate PDF Reader app. *This is a MUST have if you have to read PDF or Word Docs etc, my docs are crisp and clear using this app.
- CAMERA - The 8MP takes excellent pictures. So I took both indoor and outdoor pictures and even video. Well, I was pleasantly surprised how clear the pictures are. When I printed out some close up and other shots, I was really happy with the detailing in the pictures. Turns out to be a pretty good camera.
- Bluetooth Speed and Performance - The Bluetooth paired quickly with several devices and copied files at a great rate of speed.
- WiFi could be a little stronger, yet it connects quickly and I have never been without WiFi as it never failed me. Close to a router it gets 5 bars and very strong signal. When I am far away, one bar. So performed a test using my Tab 3 8.0 and Tab 2 10.1: Of course these gave me stronger signals because these devices are WiFi only and have probably a larger WiFi receiver inside. So I compared it to my S3 Mini and the signal was close, yet the S3 mini did have a little bit stronger signal.
- Adobe Flash is not supported in this phone or ANY ANDROID DEVICE after 4.0 OS. The only way to get flash is to get a archived flash and use a high end browser such as Puffin or Maxthon Browser. So downloading the older archived flash gives the ability to view SOME internet videos, but this is better than no flash at all. Keep in mind this is a problem with ALL brands of Android devices with 4.0 OS and higher it is just after 4.0 Android came out, the NEW and best flash is NOT supported for Android devices. It is what it is...Also, there is a newer Archived Flash out. So ask me in the comments if you need instructions and I will send them to you.
- Very small instruction "manual" provided with the phone, however, I went to the Samsung site and downloaded the full manual and saved it in PDF on my laptop for reading anytime I need it. If you want the link for the manual, let you know in the comments and I will give it to you.
- This phone will NOT accept an OTG (On the go) USB plug for flash drives, mice, etc. This was not a problem for me, I just plug in the USB Cable to copy files to the phone. So no big deal as I use Dropbox to download my photos and files and it is fast and easy.
- International Phone so NO US WARRANTY. Not a problem for me because I have learned over time that if a device is going to fail, it usually does it within the first 30 days. This phone has been great--no problems at all!
- No NFC except on the model of phone. I do not use NFC so I have no problem with that.
Bottom line: Actual stars I rate this phone is 4.5 took off .5 stars because of the WiFi signal not as strong as my little S3 Mini or my Samsung Tablets. Would I buy this phone all over again? Yes I certainly would because for the money, I believe this is the best deal out there dollar for dollar. Will this phone be a good choice for you? Yes, if you do not expect every bell and whistle feature from this phone like the S3 or S4 models and also you want just the most important features and don't want to spend twice this amount for a fancier phone, then I totally recommend this phone!
Hope this review has assisted you and thank you for reading it. Please feel free to ask me any questions in the comment area and I will answer all questions in a very timely manner.
I received it in time and in good condition.
This is to manufacturer:
1) You may hear the speaker unclear when you are having a conversation in a crowded place. The sound gets kind of silent. I checked different connection providers, and the issue is with the phone.
2) Apps are not easy to install unless you do some research online.
3) I charge battery every day. It does not last for too long.
4) Too many menus, and they cannot be deleted.
5) Too many preinstalled unneccessary apps that cannot be deleted. For example, I never play games so I would delete them with pleasure, but I cannot...
The rest is OK.
I rate 3 because for this price the above-mentioned should not exist.
If anyone has been able to make this phone work at 3G speed in the U.S., please share how you did it.