Samsung Star GT-S5230 Unlocked Phone Quad-Band GSM Bluetooth, 3.2 MP Camera, (Black) - International Version - No Warranty
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 3-inch TFT LCD display
- Card Slot; quad band
- 3.2 mp camera
- mp4 player
Customers also shopped for
Samsung Star s5230 star Full touch screen Quad Band gsm Bluetooth 3.2mp camera Voice record mp3 mp4 Speaker phone Touch screen Stereo headset included Data cable included Online widget Touch wiz LCD 3" WQVGA TFT display 1 year US warranty Bluetooth with A2dp Stereo Bluetooth English or Spanish menu.
HOW TO CHANGE LANGUAGE WITH SPANISH DEFAULT LANGUAGE
- INSERT SIM
- POWER UP PHONE
- CALIBRATE PHONE
- CLICK OK
- PRESS “MENU”
- PRESS “AJUSTES” (LOOKS LIKE A GEAR)
- PRESS “TELEFONO” (LOOKS LIKE A ORANGE PHONE W/ GEAR)
- PRESS “IDIOMA” (LANGUAGE)
- PRESS “TEXTO DE PANTALLA”
- PRESS ESPAÑOL DROP DOWN MENU
- THEN PRESS ENGLISH
- PRESS GUARDAR (SAVE)
Top customer reviews
Physically, the phone is light, smaller than it appears, and the battery seems to be fine, although I don't talk a lot on my phone. The Camera works well in either landscape or portrait mode, and the camera app fast and works fine.
Here's the stuff that isn't so great:
1) While the phone supports bluetooth, it only appears to support very basic profiles, so it doesn't look like you can transfer pictures, addresses, and data with your computer which is a significant drawback
2) I was very disappointed to realize it doesn't support a normal headphone. Instead, it has a weird proprietary headphone jack, and the headphones supplied are about the lowest quality
3) The FM radio is great except that it won't play the FM radio without the headphones attached. But here's the weird part, once the headphone is attached you can play it through the speaker. You can't make this stuff up.
4) No WiFi, which means data access will always cost you money through your carrier.
I would buy it again. The screen quality and size make it worth $100. But don't expect this to compete with a smart phone. Its more like a basic phone with a few extras.
UPDATE: Do NOT buy this phone. I contacted Amazon on the one that died and they directed me to the manufacturer and gave me Samsung's number. I called and Samsung informed me that this phone was manufactured in the UK and that I would have to call overseas to the UK to report the problem to them and have them help me. Why is that if this is the US version as Amazon advertises it??? I will update again on my luck with the UK version of Samsung....
For the budget concious, who don't need every possible bell and whistle, but who want a good smartphone that works well, this is your baby.