|Standing screen display size||10.5 Inches|
|Screen Resolution||2560 x 1600 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||2560 x 1600 Pixels|
|Processor||2.84 GHz AMD_Kabini_A6_5200M_Quad_Core|
|Hard Drive||256 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855|
|Wireless Type||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||10 Hours|
|National Stock Number||SM-T860NZALXAR|
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6- 10.5" 256GB, Wifi Tablet- SM-T860NZALXAR, Mountain Gray
|Series||Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 10.5"|
|Screen Size||10.5 Inches|
|Memory Storage Capacity||256 GB|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The 2-in-1 that’s your all-in-one. Instantly transform your Android tablet into a PC desktop experience when you attach the keyboard with built-in trackpad.
- Power to multitask. Thanks to the speed of the fast mobile processor, rapidly switch between apps and tasks or immerse yourself in graphic-intensive games. Plus, get PC-caliber internal RAM.
- All-new S Pen included. Now the included S Pen lets you pause and skip at the press of the button. Plus, you can still mark up papers, sign docs and take notes. The S Pen even attaches magnetically for easy storage and charging.Bluetooth profiles:A2DP,AVRCP,DI,HID,HOGP,HSP,OPP,PAN
- Light on weight. Heavy on entertainment. With a spectacular edge-to-edge super Amoled display, superior graphics and quad speakers tuned by AKG, get drawn into immersive games—all on a 2-in-1 that only weighs about a pound.
- More hours of power. With up to 15 hours1on a full charge, you can create and edit all day, plus enjoy continuous browsing and streaming. Then quickly recharge the Fast-Charging battery. Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps). Camera resolution (front) - 8.0 MP
- Disclaimer - Based on laboratory testing. Battery life depends on usage. Compatible keyboard sold separately.
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
Introducing Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Imagine a more personal PC experience—without a PC. Meet the Galaxy Tab S6, the ultra-slim 2-in-1 that performs like a laptop with the mobility of a tablet. Get more done as you switch seamlessly from app to app, task to task. Go all out with an intuitive S Pen that lets you work, create and edit with ease. When it’s time to kick back, you can stream shows and game on a spectacular screen with cinematic sound. And make it all happen with a Fast-Charging battery that keeps up with you all day.**
*Compatible keyboard sold separately.
**Based on laboratory testing. Battery life depends on usage.
***SD card sold separately.
****Some connected home devices require Samsung SmartThings Hub to control via SmartThings app, sold separately.
*****CMC functionality may vary by carrier and compatible smartphone. Requires carrier or Wi-Fi connection. Data charges may apply. Call & Message continuity feature must be activated in Settings>Connection.
Compare with similar items
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S7 11-inch Android Tablet 128GB Wi-Fi Bluetooth S Pen Fast Charging USB-C Port, Mystic Black
All-new Fire HD 10 tablet, 10.1", 1080p Full HD, 32 GB, latest model (2021 release), Black
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4-inch Android Tablet 128GB Wi-Fi S Pen, Gray
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 Wi-Fi 32GB Silver (SM-T500NZSAXAR)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||CellularStream||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||MaxProductSales (SN Recorded)||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||10.5 inches||11 inches||10.1 inches||10.4||10.4 inches|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||256.00 GB||128 GB||3.0 GB||4 GB||32.00 GB|
|Hardware Platform||Android||Qualcomm SDM865+ Octa Core, expandable up to 1TB Storage||—||Android||Android|
|Item Dimensions||0.22 x 6.28 x 9.63 inches||0.25 x 6.51 x 9.99 inches||9.73 x 6.53 x 0.36 inches||0.28 x 6.07 x 9.63 inches||0.28 x 6.2 x 9.75 inches|
|Item Weight||0.95 lbs||4.41 lbs||1.03 lbs||1.01 lbs||1.04 lbs|
|Native Resolution||2560 x 1600 pixels||—||1920x1200 (226.4 ppi)||1920 x 1200 pixels||—|
|Operating System||Android||Android 10.0||FireOS||Android||Android Q|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth|
Imagine a more personal PC experience—without a PC. Meet the Galaxy Tab S6, the ultra-slim 2-in-1 that performs like a laptop with the mobility of a tablet. Get more done as you switch seamlessly from app to app, task to task. Go all out with an intuitive s pen that lets you work, create and edit with ease. When it's time to kick back, you can stream shows and game on a spectacular screen with cinematic sound. And make it all happen with a fast-charging battery that keeps up with you all day 1.
This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65warnings.ca.gov
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• The tablet design is almost an uncanny resemblance to the IPad Pro. Pencil thin, smooth corners, and overall minimalistic design. This is a premium feel all around.
• The screen is beautiful in every way. I want to highlight that the blacks are excellent and color context matches the brightness level you apply for the screen. For this to be an HDR10+ certification in viewing, I have nothing bad to see on this.
• Watching YouTube videos at 1444p make this tablet one of the best in viewings. No more generic 1080p.
• The bezels fit well with this tablet. Because of how light it is, I can use one hand to hold it without any issues, and I have enough room so I don’t touch the screen. One of few times that a bezel design comes in handy.
• Don’t worry, the bezel layout is small enough to create an immersive experience, especially at night.
• The aluminum back reduces the fingerprints for just the screen and provides a little more protection if you drop it. I never loved the glass back and Samsung has listened.
• The S-Pen also has a minimalist design that fits right in the back of the tablet. Nothing on look and feel doesn’t create the impression of being cheap.
• Got to love the USB-C port. Fast charging, importing, exporting files, and cheap to get extra chargers for the S6.
• The S-Pen Air Action gestures are more useful than Samsung’s previous products. Because of the size of the screen, I found even swiping left to right and switching cameras an easy perk when using the Air Actions. I can see anyone who wants to make PowerPoint presentations with the S6 a great selling point, as the S-Pen does a decent job with the simple Air Actions.
• Very comfortable to write with the S-Pen (more details later on). Smooth and the right amount of pressure.
• A battery notification immediately pops up on the right side of the screen every time I put the S-Pen back in its location (which has some magnets). I didn’t realize who useful this is since the notification lets me know if didn’t place the S-Pen in the correct location.
• I got around 90 minutes for a full charge of the S-Pen, but you really shouldn’t worry as it will always charge on the S6.
• I’m happy that you can attach the S-Pen on the side of the screen when you’re not using it, just like the IPad does for their pen.
• Multi-tasking is spot-on. Samsung offers a lot of little software perks that makes multi-tasking not only easy, but I felt use this feature on a daily basis.
• With the one button on the S-Pen has, you can customize to what you want to open with it.
• I’m never a fan with tablet cameras, due to most phones have better equipment, but I got to hand it to Samsung on the built-in ultra-wide lens mode. An insane 123 degree made taking a picture with anything, show the whole world around it. For a quick family photo, it’s perfect. But then again your phone should be your main camera.
• The gaming on this is very pleasant. I advise that when playing any high power game you switch the Samsung’s new feature called Game Booster. This feature will kill any apps that are taking away power from the tablet, so you can have more hours of gaming. I didn’t test the comparison of how much a difference, but when playing any game on a tablet you want as much power as you can.
• Playing Fortnite gave me 30fps and no lag what so ever.
• One awesome feature Samsung has is the Transparency option. It’s basically a white page over your screen, which is transparent, so you can write on it while reading or watching a video. I found this feature an excellent perk for taking notes or reading anything on the web. Everyone will find this very useful to have.
• Dex Launch is pretty on point of what a windows desktop looks like. It takes around 5 seconds to load up, but when done, it looks like you’re staring into a Windows OS. Overall the layout works fine as one cool benefit I found is any app you click in DeX mode will pop up as a small window, rather than taking over the screen as a whole (no lag when I was watching Netflix in Dex mode). Also moving back and forth from android to Dex is a quick experience.
• Battery life I’m getting around 13-14 hours. That’s around 70% brightness, mostly web and movie watching. The killer in this is the gaming and the pen, if you’re using it a lot.
• As you may already know, with this price, you know it’s fast. Opening up 10 apps, numerous web browsers, and an active gaming, the S6 took it in quite well. For the average day speed will not be a problem.
• Cheaper than an IPad Pro, and you get a Pen.
• If you have ever used a Samsung device, you’ll feel right at home.
Cons and Oks:__________
• The fingerprint scanner is an optical sensor. It’s embedded in the screen but, not being an ultrasonic scanner, it can be fooled. With the technology of ultrasonic scanner already established, why install this? But it’s still responsive so it depends on your security requirements (You can just make a passcode if you’re still unsure).
• Not headphone jack. A big turn off for those who see this for video editing on the go, or really anyone.
• I’m not a fan of having the S-Pen in the back of the tablet. Not only does it increase the chances of getting scratched when placing it back there, but the magnets on the back are not strong enough to make sure that the S-Pen stays on. You place the tablet on the ground, the S-Pen is the only form of contact with the surface are you place it on.
• It’s a hassle to find the right location on placing the S-Pen correctly. The back has a dip in the section where the pen goes but if you don’t put it in the correct way the S-Pen will fall off. I have to make sure that it’s attached correctly because it’s impossible to identify, by touch, in which way to put the pen. There is a notification on screen to tell you when it’s connected, but why could’ve they create the charging station on the side so we not only put it in the right place, but we can see it all the time.
• What I love about Samsung Galaxy Phones is the ability of how they hid their S-Pens, but this one is not hidden at all. To me, it feels similar to carrying the headphone jack adaptor. I’m not going to use all the time, but I still need to carry it because I may use it at random times.
• The way Samsung design this, if you lose the S-Pen you feel like you lost a part of the tablet. With the open face S-Pen placement design in the back, if you lose the pen then it just likes a tablet with a dent in the back.
• The Air Action gestures are only good for PowerPoint presentations and taking pictures. I couldn’t see the benefit of using this feature other than that.
• As a personal video editor, this isn’t the best around. The S6 struggles to import 4k videos and it took numerous hours to encode an 8-minute video. Keep in mind that I had a decent amount of layers, but it’s still something to know if you wanted to know how fast exporting with Adobe is. Also note that editing in the program, while using the S-Pen, is excellent.
• A major issue when drawing with this is the S-Pen’s shortcut button on it. I used the app Medibang Paint, and when drawing I’ll always press the shortcut button on the S-Pen by mistake. The way the button is designed, it’s right where your hand grip is when you write. Numerous times I was would be drawing and hand would press the S-Pen button. This would immediately bring me to the shortcut page. I don’t know if this is an app issue, but this button problem needs to be fixed.
• There is still a gap when you move with the S-Pen. It’s not much, but it’s there. I still had no issues to write notes with, but for those who want to draw it’s a heads up.
• It does have face unlock, but it’s a 2D-based facial recognition. I’ll trust the fingerprint scanner first.
• The camera is decent but even the ultra-wide format I saw it in a lower resolution. Stick to your phone. Video calls are fine, but other than that, forget it.
• Again, the way Samsung design the tablet, because of the built-in S-Pen charging design, you’re somewhat forced to folk over $179 for “there” book cover. Because of the S-Pen, you have no choice if you don’t want the S-Pen to get scratch, or lost.
• The speakers are decent, you get four of them. I found the sound is very clear and loud.
• Bixby voice command is the same throughout Samsung’s devices. The microphone the S6 has I didn’t get any issues of feedback.
• It’s very thin, but will bend if semi-force is applied.
Samsung for the past year has up its game in phones and tablets. Having posted reviews of their phones and tablets I can say that the S6 is another one in the books, but does have noticeable drawbacks.
To summarize, if you want an IPad Pro but can’t afford it, then this what you’ll buy. The S6 is very fast, doesn’t heat up in gaming or video editing, and it’s a definite win for those who need to take notes (work, college, etc.). It has a beautiful image resolution with the bonus of having there S-Pen. I know that the goal Samsung is after the same as Apple, a replacement for the common laptop, and the S6 is right on point. If you get the keyboard cover than you have a pretty good package of the tablet, a pen, and a keyboard (with a trackpad!).
But I think Samsung’s goal is also the problem. They’re trying to make a laptop replacement with a tablet that lacks the internal hardware to support it. For web and basic programs, this is sure a good find, but other than that you start getting issues. On the design side, I’m not a fan of the S-Pen layout. You’re not going to use the S-Pen every time, but the way the S-Pen is placed, you’ll have to make sure that its place correctly. This could’ve been fixed if they added more magnets in the S-Pen holder.
In the end, it’s a lower IPad Pro replacement. Still very fast and effective, but graphic power still goes to the IPad Pro as well as the Apple Pen. With Samsung’s Android OS on their phones, in this tablet, and the upcoming watch, Samsung wants to be your only tech user.
Overall: A great tablet for the day to day drawers and note-takers, but still not a laptop replacement.
Hope I was a help to you.
The magnetic stylus which is clipped to the back will fall off a lot of the time, especially if you put it down. The stylus is attached via a small grove and is connected via a magnet. I've already lost it several times and had to spend a lot of time searching for it. I have the keyboard cover on order which is supposed to arrive next week. That has a cover which I think will cover up the stylus and keep it in place. I would NOT recommend buying the unit unless you buy the cover which is another $170 or $90 if you buy soon.
The next problem is the unit is too big to hold with one hand and is slippery. It will slide out of your grip easily and there goes $800 to the floor. Depending on what you're doing the thin bezels mean that you have to put your thumb on the display to hold it with one hand and I found that I kept accidentally selecting a link on the side of the display. Plan on using it with both hands without a cover to hold onto. Hopefully the cover will make it easier to handle.
All of the videos hyping the unit seem to always show the tablet on a stand or with the keyboard cover attached. I've yet to see one review with someone trying to hold the tablet by itself. The tablet is so wide that it's a stretch for me to hold the opposite edge so my other hand is free to do other things. After a few minutes, my hand gets cramped from reaching across the tablet and hold it. If you put a thumb on the display to hold it with one hand, if there is a clickable area under your thumb, you will accidentally do something unexpected.
In retrospect, I would not buy this tablet. It costs almost as much as my MacBook Air which is a real computer but I'm a sucker for new shiny things. May revisit this review after a little time but I spent almost $900 after tax on the top of the line unit and it is not as neat as I hoped. It is unbelievably light!
Update 9/9/19 - After a couple of days of usage, my comments are still pretty much the same. By itself, the tablet is difficult to use one handed due to its size and tiny bezels. Plus, I've discovered that the screen lock will often lock up the unit and not allow you to unlock the screen. Swiping up the display does nothing and it doesn't recognize my fingerprint, or face. When this happens, it's taken a lot of trial and error to get it unlocked. It's like the unit sees the request to unlock but doesn't do anything. This only seems to happen when the tablet has been asleep for a while, such as overnight.
On a positive note, battery life seems really good. If you put the unit down overnight it will only lose a percent or two of battery after sleeping overnight.
The Samsung Tab S6 is FAST! I have a Nexus 7 and another 7 inch tablet and this one runs rings around them. Looking at photos which are 1-2 mb in file size, you can instantly flip between pictures. If I could hold it, I think I'd love it and Amazon has just updated the ship schedule for the Keyboard cover to arrive in three days. I can't wait.
Update: 1/3/2020 - After using the tablet for a few months, my opinion has only gotten slightly worse. The keyboard cover doesn't attach very well to the tablet and if you're not careful it will fall apart in your hands. If you're going to use the Tab S6 on a table or flat surface, it works great. In your lap, not so well. You have to use the little kickstand but that to me doesn't work well. Battery life is great, the screen is fantastic, it's really fast BUT for slightly more money I could have purchased a real laptop such as a MacBook Air. Unless you are planning on always using this on a desk, I would not recommend buying it as it is too much money and tries to bridge the gap between a tablet and a laptop but not very well.
Top reviews from other countries
Aparte compré el teclado y el case que recomiendan y de inmediato lo detecta, pesa mucho pero esta muy padre y proteje mi tablet.
Reviewed in Mexico on June 1, 2020
Aparte compré el teclado y el case que recomiendan y de inmediato lo detecta, pesa mucho pero esta muy padre y proteje mi tablet.
Un detalle reciente es que como la uso con una funda cada vez que la abro se enciende la pantalla lista para ser desbloqueada, lo cual es normal. Sin embargo, recientemente no se prende la pantalla aunque se entiende que si deba estarlo y el sensor si se pone verde, pero con la pantalla negra y no procede a desbloquearse. Lo que he hecho es esperar unos segundos hasta que se supone que si no es activada vuelve al estado suspensión, presionar entonces el botón de encendido y ahora si prende como si nada. Tengo como 3 meses con ella.
Bei grob 700€ tut das etwas weh, in Deutschland ist "Schuko Standard", ich habe das Tablett mit Amerikanischen Standard bekommen, ich denke das das ein Kommissionsfehler ist. Nicht tragisch aber ärgerlich.
Wie auch immer, immerhin geht es hier um das Produkt, und nicht um die Bewertung des Händlers.
Das Tablett an sich finde ich Wahnsinnig gut. Es funktioniert bisher einwandfrei. Ich denke das Samsung einfach alles richtig gemacht hat, ;-), wie immer. Ich bin sehr zufrieden.
Ich kann es nur empfehlen.